Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55332 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v1.0)
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2010, 07:01:55 pm »

Dude.  Animate would allow for some wicked defenses if you got your hands on a good source of it and vicious creatures.

Just imagine being the goblin to trigger all the totems, and watching them all close in on you . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »

Dude.  Animate would allow for some wicked defenses if you got your hands on a good source of it and vicious creatures.

Just imagine being the goblin to trigger all the totems, and watching them all close in on you . . .
I was thinking more like "slay the dragon, butcher the dragon, totem-ize the dragon's skull, Animate the totem, repeat for limitless dragon hide, meat, tallow, and bone." But mass animating a group of vicious defenders wouldn't be bad, either. I just find the idea of having your entire food, leather, and crafts industries based off of one single unfortunate monster to be very amusing and dwarfy, though. I guess you could've done an infinite meat industry before by having a weak trap to slice off limbs and a regen and/or revive runes nearby for regrowing them, but that doesn't produce hides or as many bones.

Hmm... Are animated creatures automatically friendly, or would you want a Conversion rune on one the centerpiece, too? I'm thinking at this point that I'm gonna stop playing CatSplosion and going for the Dark Dwarves mod. Spellcraft is just adding too many good evil-styled things that I want to try now.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2010, 07:31:51 pm »

Tried to make auto hostile, but forgot it in the process so now they're friendly(neutral) :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:42:49 pm by darius »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2010, 07:38:06 pm »

Unearthed creatures are hostile, it seems.
Also, I found dorf bones inside of a silt loam wall.
Any clues as to how that could have happened?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »

hmmm... Maybe dwarf was caved in there. Unearthed creatures are as they were (e.g if your dwarf is unearthed then he's friendly if aligator is unearthed he's well aligator.)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2010, 08:50:01 pm »

hmmm... Maybe dwarf was caved in there. Unearthed creatures are as they were (e.g if your dwarf is unearthed then he's friendly if aligator is unearthed he's well aligator.)
There was no cavein.
I was getting repeated Suffocation messages from the same dwarf.
I guess your unearthing was having them spawn in the walls.
Might want to perform a check to make sure that the square they spawn in is actually open for creatures to be in?
On that note, what's the range on a standard quality statue?  5x5 square with the statue in the middle?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:38:52 pm by jaybud4 »

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »

Ok, I made up some more runesteel for those of us that are too lazy to want to do it ourselves. (Funny how I include myself in that.)

A little explanation first:

RUNESTEEL - It's made by combining a five steel bars with one (Still broken) rune of attraction. It makes five runesteel bars.

RUNETYPE RUNESTEELS Made by combining your rune of choice with a bar of runesteel at the smelter.

If anyone even uses this, feel free to tell me if I messed something up.

Modified spells.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Matgloss Runesteel

Reaction Runesteel

I changed some names that sound good as runes, but sound kinda wonky as metals. Check the Spells.txt and compare if you get confused.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:21 pm »

There was no cavein.
I was getting repeated Suffocation messages from the same dwarf.
I guess your unearthing was having them spawn in the walls.
Might want to perform a check to make sure that the square they spawn in is actually open for creatures to be in?
On that note, what's the range on a standard quality statue?  5x5 square with the statue in the middle?
whoops you're right. Tottaly forgot that it works like that. That check is real pain. As for standard quality statue: 2 ( i think) and max is 8
so... 5x5 should be ok. Maybe due to rounding it could get to 3 then it would get stuck.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2010, 03:01:51 am »

so one should dig up said dwarf if they want to revive them. better if one adds a zombie rune to this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2010, 03:26:46 am »

so one should dig up said dwarf if they want to revive them. better if one adds a zombie rune to this.

No way. Get Toady in on this, and birth the great field of Dwarven Archaeology.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2010, 07:29:09 am »

Perhaps somewhat offtopic, but would it be possible to make an utility which would turn stone constructions into rock? Like 'Diggers dream' but this one a 'Stonemasons dream' which would convert walls, floors, stairs, etc. made out of rock into solid rock?

Personally, I'd like to have something like that in Spellcraft with OnGear switch tied to lever so I can convert my constructions into engravable rock. Plus, it would reduce lag caused by large number of items, namely, stone blocks used in construction.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2010, 08:31:23 am »

dang I downloaded d16 only to find out that dtil the utility that made finding the material pre-smelter can't work with it. dang do any one still have the 40d one I kinda over wrote the old one?

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2010, 12:29:33 pm »

dang I downloaded d16 only to find out that dtil the utility that made finding the material pre-smelter can't work with it. dang do any one still have the 40d one I kinda over wrote the old one?

just goto the main website Bay12Games it has 40d and all older versions all the way to I think the very first one, so far 40d16 is the only one thats downloaded on the fourm

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2010, 01:41:10 pm »

I think the very first one
Nah, not quite.
It's about as far back as you'd want to go, though.

Bug reports:
I've found that just having this running makes DF stutter dramatically, and causes it to not max out the core I have it assigned to anymore.
I'm really not an expert in software threads, so I couldn't explain why your code would be causing this, but something is going horribly wrong here.

Unearthing can spawn creatures both in walls and inside the statue itself, which, of course, is impassable just as a wall is.

Suggestions:
Permanent effect-spells and corresponding triggers (OnWear)
I'm thinking along the lines of +1 characteristic/skill point spells, but that might be too much work/too generic.

If you have an unearth rune, conversion rune, and regeneration rune on the same item, it would make sense to trigger in such a way that the conversion and regeneration affect the creature that is spawned...

More triggers- For buildings, I could see an OnApproach that triggers any time a creature comes within the spell range of the building.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2010, 02:40:59 pm »

Bug reports:
I've found that just having this running makes DF stutter dramatically, and causes it to not max out the core I have it assigned to anymore.
I'm really not an expert in software threads, so I couldn't explain why your code would be causing this, but something is going horribly wrong here.

Unearthing can spawn creatures both in walls and inside the statue itself, which, of course, is impassable just as a wall is.
For the first bug report: thanks, found most probable place, will upload patched ASAP (my stupidity is over 9000, its simple as //i=0; that made item search every tick)
as for the second, tested with gears so that didn't seem like an issue. Will also patch it next ver.

As for trigger OnWear: will look into it. But +1 not sure if i'll add that (mainly because its alot of skills and thats too much work...)

Unearth -> conversion->regeneration to work like that was an idea for modifier runes (would be chain rune: chain unearth conversion regeneration) but that again would need a total rewrite (although i wrote this system in hoping to add mods AND plugins). OnApproach: there are two ways to do this: either check each creatures pos, check each items pos, check if they're in range. (VERY cpu intesive) or add a breakpoint to creature_move and do the same (prob just as intensive) so I don't think of other way this probably won't go in.

EDIT: ok uploaded
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:47:07 pm by darius »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18