Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55342 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.9)
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2010, 05:48:24 pm »

I was waiting for the caravan spell! Thanks :). Which race does it pick? Or is it random?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »

random non vermin (couldn't think of a better thing)
Now that I think maybe new spells.txt structure could help like R SPELL_10 MOOD(BERSERK). But that would be bit work (redoing stuff).

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2010, 10:29:41 pm »

Darius, your talk of transforming migrants into megabeasts got me thinking, would it be possible to have a "Give life" rune? after encrusting a statue with it, the decorated item would be removed and replaced by say, a stone golem?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2010, 10:38:32 pm »

So the polymorph line is truly random, so you could transform, say, a cat into a dragon if you got very (un)lucky?

For golems... I was thinking that this mod might be able to accomplish something like that in a thread a little while ago (called Golems, IIRC) by using the smelter to make a creature's corpse then using a revive-conversion statue to bring it to life under your control. Unfortunately, I was looking into it and apparently there's no known means of creating a creature's corpse in a smelter, so I stopped that line of research. Doing it directly with the utility instead of a workaround, though, wasn't something I looked at.

Also, I was going through the thread again because I had thought this was addressed, but didn't see it. Is it possible to bind one material to multiple spells? Like, could I make a material do all of conversion, regeneration, sanity, and unzombification, all with just that one material? Or is it limited to one spell, one material?
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Hinasas

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Playing roguelikes while watching animes....
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.8)
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2010, 05:05:00 am »

You need to be running version 40d16 in order for this to work.

thought i was running 40d16... but i'm using it now and everything works great. thanks!
I am hereby humbly joining the chorus of FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2010, 07:34:36 am »

Darius, your talk of transforming migrants into megabeasts got me thinking, would it be possible to have a "Give life" rune? after encrusting a statue with it, the decorated item would be removed and replaced by say, a stone golem?
I was thinking about something like that. Though not sure how to add this. Adding new creature would  require a regen. An i'm thinking about pure creation rune (spawns creature from nothing, hardest thing) maybe adding self destruct spell this would be possible. 
So the polymorph line is truly random, so you could transform, say, a cat into a dragon if you got very (un)lucky?
If you're lucky (the cat is tamed so will will the dragon be.)

For golems... I was thinking that this mod might be able to accomplish something like that in a thread a little while ago (called Golems, IIRC) by using the smelter to make a creature's corpse then using a revive-conversion statue to bring it to life under your control. Unfortunately, I was looking into it and apparently there's no known means of creating a creature's corpse in a smelter, so I stopped that line of research. Doing it directly with the utility instead of a workaround, though, wasn't something I looked at.
I thought it was possible to create corpses in smelter... Well anyway it would not work that way. The reason is that there are soulless corpses. For example when travelling as  adventurer, all corpses you carry will become soulless, when reclaiming fort all the corpses that are lying around are soulless. And so on.

Also, I was going through the thread again because I had thought this was addressed, but didn't see it. Is it possible to bind one material to multiple spells? Like, could I make a material do all of conversion, regeneration, sanity, and unzombification, all with just that one material? Or is it limited to one spell, one material?
Unfortunately  its the other way around. One spell could be used on number of materials.

Edit: Ok have the function to create creatures. Now thinking how to add it like a spell.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:13:07 am by darius »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2010, 11:24:01 am »

I was thinking about something like that. Though not sure how to add this. Adding new creature would  require a regen. An i'm thinking about pure creation rune (spawns creature from nothing, hardest thing) maybe adding self destruct spell this would be possible. 
Isnt there a value change somewhere when a creature either moves into the field of play, or is simply born?
If either of those values could be found, it should be quite possible.. the only problem I foresee is how much of a pain it might be to check for those specified values. :o

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2010, 11:39:19 am »

Well birth is kinda hard to locate. As far as I can see there is none CreateCreature(race,method,etc...) function. So my method is: CreateCreature() [a blank class create], SetRace(raceid) [ nicely sets race, adds limbs and stuff], SetSomeStuff() [not sure what it does...], SetCivStuff() [gives professions, stats according to civ] and manually add to creature vecs. And strange but it works (bronze collosus(Tame) running around destroying buildings ). Now what I need is a spell idea. SpawnCreature? (maybe non random somehow?) maybe spawn from bodyparts? or some other stuff?

Oh and i will upgrade resurrection so it would work on "soulless" bodies.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:41:51 am by darius »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:49 am »

Nice work Darius, you continue to do what others claim impossible on a daily basis. :)

Summon Creature would be an appropriate name I suppose, but I cant say I know of an appropriate way for to make a cow from body parts..
Could just limit it to say, Dwarven Tinker Toys. Made of various metals and the size of a cat. :)

What sort of runes and applications will they work on as well? a bolt stack with them could be fun, but also VERY 'fun'.

If its possible, you could have "Likes fighting" "benign" and mabye even "intelligent" runes.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2010, 02:35:34 pm »

Probably the spell will be Animate and will work on totems (as now they are very useless). Would be cool to add the totem back if creature dies. But prob not possible or very hard.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2010, 02:38:43 pm »

Would be cool to add the totem back if creature dies.
Itemcorpse? Or you mean a decorated totem?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2010, 05:41:28 pm »

Well simply put: elf totem-> elf -> elf totem. Most probably itemcorpse is species specific, not creature spec. But even if that's the case usually you could make another totem from the skull (golems would be reaction specific though).

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v1.0)
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2010, 04:46:14 pm »

Shameless self bump!

And update: added 3 runes
2 spells and 1 trigger
Trigger: OnGearsOn (gears sentry) triggers when gears are switched on
Spells: Unearth and Animate. Unearth resurrects creature (usually long dead) even without a corpse. Animate turns totem into a fully functional* creature.

*sentient named creatures don't have names if created this way.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2010, 04:52:57 pm »

Wow, really?
Thanks for updating it quite literally 2 minutes after I downloaded it :X

Good job, though.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2010, 05:49:22 pm »

Huh, and this morning I was going through and designing a way to organize and make new metals for spells. Glad I hadn't finished yet and so can add the new ones without making a new world, too.

...Though I think I'm going to add several extra spellmetals and reactions so I have room to expand my mini-mod as you expand the utility. You're just doing too much cool stuff with this, and I keep wanting to either not use it at all or regen to use all of it.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18