Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Captured Civ Leaders.  (Read 1578 times)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Captured Civ Leaders.
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »

I just noticed that during the last seige I captured the Goblins (only) leader in a cage.
Now Im wondering, if I kill him what will happen to the rest of the goblins/seiges and if I just let him loose will he run off ASAP to build a new civ?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Captured Civ Leaders.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:34:03 pm »

if I kill him what will happen to the rest of the goblins/seiges
At this point, I think nothing. If he died in worldgen it might affect his civ somehow, but at this point (i.e. in this version) things you do can't really "change the course of history" so to speak.
and if I just let him loose will he run off ASAP to build a new civ?
Almost definitely not (again, in this version. not, of course, to imply that that will change anytime soon)
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:35:14 pm »

Better: drop him 5 lvls down, get back to cage so he won't die, after he heal drop him again, get back to cage... you know, prisoner wellfare.

And, afaik, civs go on even if u capture their leaders.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 01:39:02 pm »

if I kill him what will happen to the rest of the goblins/seiges
At this point, I think nothing. If he died in worldgen it might affect his civ somehow, but at this point (i.e. in this version) things you do can't really "change the course of history" so to speak.
and if I just let him loose will he run off ASAP to build a new civ?
Almost definitely not (again, in this version. not, of course, to imply that that will change anytime soon)

Sorry, Im not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that, I mean if he is let out of his cage will he return to the civ he belongs to or hand around waiting for a bored Axelord to find him.

But even if he does, that wont stop the Goblins seige entertainment?

Better: drop him 5 lvls down, get back to cage so he won't die, after he heal drop him again, get back to cage... you know, prisoner wellfare.

And, afaik, civs go on even if u capture their leaders.

If he does turn out to have no consequence I was planning too gift him 10 wardogs as a peace offering.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:41:26 pm by Ivan Issaccs »
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:41:41 pm »

With the Orc mod, a siege left all thirty of the Orc civ's leaders dead on the field. Next year, the Orcs returned, in greater numbers. I suspect stock goblins would be the same.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:06 am »

I thought killing their leader resulted in a decrease in sieges; is that no longer true or another wives' tale from the start?

Anyway, do you have a Hammerer?

If so, you could always build said Hammerer a room atop of your fortress with a platform in front of it. The next time a siege shows up, release the Goblin King from his cage and have the Hammerer dispense some dwarfy justice to him in full view of his troops. Bonus points if the Hammerer actually bats his body into the ranks of his own army.

Stargrave

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_ELVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:17:08 am »

i think keeping him in a cage in your barracks is in order for your soldiers to study/interrogate.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 04:46:36 am »

Somehow edit the raws to tame him.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Sabre_Justice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 05:26:56 am »

Sacrifice him to the volcano.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 07:39:00 am »

Incidentally, if he does escape, he'll be back with the next siege (probably because someone fed him quarry bush biscuits and he became addicted)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

TBot Alpha

• Bay Watcher
  • TBot Alpha has gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 09:23:08 am »

If you have an area where the next siege will likely pass by, set up a glass room nearby with the king inside, along with a pump to drown/incinerate him with water/magma. Wire the system to a pressure plate in the main thoroughfare, so that when the next band of goblins comes by they'll trigger the plate and kill their king.

Ah, delicious, dwarven irony. ;D
Quote from: Mr. Mcguffin
After six dwarves died via suicide brigade tactics, the alliphant retreated a few steps, and then exploded.

Best. Game. Ever.

My miner fell in an underground sea of magma while wrestling a troglodyte in mid-air.