Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random exploding wagon.  (Read 925 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Random exploding wagon.
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:58:19 am »

In case it matters, I'm using 40d16 with civforge and orc mod.

I get the message that "A vamarian caravan has arrived" but when I go to the Depot, I can't send items because "no merchants are trading." Sure enough, there's no merchants in the unit list. There is, however, a dead wagon (only a wagon, no animals, guards, or merchants). I go to the place where the wagon died, and there's an entire caravan's worth of stuff scattered around. Is this a bug, or did a thief somehow kill the wagon without being detected, then flee?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Random exploding wagon.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:01:16 pm »

I think, what happened is, the first caravan wagon to arrive was killed by a goblin / wild animal, and subsequently the rest of the caravan immediatly fled the map upon entering it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 12:03:39 pm »

have you modded temperatures on anything?

like thermonuclear cats?

any changes to stuff like that wont take effect imediately but will cause any new instances of the changed entity to have the changed stats.

so if you modded thermonuclear cats and htey had a cat or cat leather, ti woudl cause an explosive fire killing the merchants.
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 12:07:29 pm »

martin - That was my first thought, but not only are there no wild animals with names, but a search revealed no hostiles on the map. Would an enemy simply retreat in that situation?

SW - No, nothing of that sort. The only modifications are the ones I mentioned, and this is the fourth fortress in the same world.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 12:29:39 pm »

Could it be possible that the horses and merchant died during worldgen, causing the wagon to "die" as soon as it entered the map?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:34:21 pm »

Thought that was only possible for "important" people.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 12:42:51 pm »

I'm inclined to agree with SquirrelWizard: it sounds like the merchants tried to bring a product with undefined temperature settings, causing it to explode violently as soon as it entered the map.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 12:47:45 pm »

If that's the case, it's very odd, as I've been using these mods together for a long time without that sort of issue.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 07:41:18 pm »

Wagons can be killed if a sapling matures into a tree just as the wagon passes over it; this will cause the rest of the caravan to flee as if they were attacked.