Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Would Anyone be Interested in this AoR Variant? (GAME IS ON!)  (Read 5470 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would Anyone be Interested in this AoR Variant?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 03:40:21 am »

Just finished reading those rules. Sounds good so far.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 05:51:39 am »

Sleep time for me now, i'll see if i can finish the abstractish rules tomorrow and then start taping numbers to them.

Any suggestions are appreciated too btw; being as this is a forum game the players can make stuff up and i can stick numbers on it, something you can't do in a game game.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 07:14:37 am »

I changed my mind, I want to play. Maybe as a merchant guildmaster.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 11:26:08 am »

If you're going to have an AoR with everyone controlling one city, you're going to need to introduce some competition.

I suggest a AoR Mafia then. Some of the players (maybe even the King himself) are traitors trying to sabotage the Empire. Loyalists must find and destroy the traitors, the traitors must cause for the Empire to disintegrate, playing the Loyalists against each other.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 11:44:41 am »

Just read the rules. Sounds like this will be quite interesting.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 01:19:30 pm »

I like the look of this also.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 06:06:11 pm »

This looks very good. I'll take a hunting guild master

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 06:55:54 pm »

If you're going to have an AoR with everyone controlling one city, you're going to need to introduce some competition.

I suggest a AoR Mafia then. Some of the players (maybe even the King himself) are traitors trying to sabotage the Empire. Loyalists must find and destroy the traitors, the traitors must cause for the Empire to disintegrate, playing the Loyalists against each other.

There will be NPC's i control that will not all be friendly, and of course this being Bay12 i fully expect somone will attempt to stage a Coup, considering individual players may build and run armies if they so choose.

Plus, players can take a settlement team, wander off somewhere and secede from the King.

All the players in one city is merely a starting condition to get everyone interacting with each other from the word go, as opposed to the normal AoR where the players seem to spend ages all alone. I don't expect it to remain that way indefinitely.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 01:09:07 am »

I'd be a general or head of the police/city watch.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 03:59:58 am »

TIEM FOR SUM MOAR RUELS!

Spoiler: Technologies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Expansion (click to show/hide)

That looks like the basics. I won't bother trying to add everything (like what happens when you invent writing and paper) since that would be impossible, instead as each new thing pops up i'll stick numbers onto it.

I'll look into finalising the basic ruleset (with numbers) sometime in the next few days, including explanations as to how combat works and soforth. Again, suggestions are welcome.

Game should start sometime in the next week or so, depending on how everything goes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 04:08:44 am »

As part of my effort to move back into the Games section, I'd love to join in.  I've never played one of these Age of Restoration games, but ever since I ran it's ancestor in Evolution I've been interested in them.  Combining the efforts of players into managing different aspects of one civilization instead of competing with each other is also appealing for it's group-theory potential.

So yeah, sign me up.  Actually having an education in civil service, I can promise to be a competent and efficient administrator of whatever post you care to stick me in.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 04:13:45 am »

Well i'm just going to stick all the players in a big pit and have them fight to the death over the roles.

Aka. First come. First serve. I also fully expect this to become a massive clusterfuck by about turn 3, but hey, clusterfucks are fun.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 04:29:56 am »

Guildmaster of Non-Violent* Food Acquisition (Farming and Fishing), reporting for duty.

*Sharks, whales, angry sea turtles and pineapples are the problem of the department of hunting.
Long Live United Forenia!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 04:33:03 am »

Should we wait patiently for our proto-nation's founding to start divvying out proper chambers, or just seize the reigns of power now while everyone's confused?

If the latter, whatever position I wind up in, I'll be writing a constitution and leading a popular revolt to see everyone put in their most fitting seats, and ensure a more orderly division of power in the future.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 04:41:48 am »

Oh yeah?
You try to take my NVFA position away from me, and I will seriously consider complaining!

More seriously, who cares for order? Just grab a spot, pull down the safety bar, and keep your limbs inside the ride at all times. Or not, whatever floats your boat. A natural order will evolve later in the game.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3