Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dual Wield  (Read 1342 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Wield
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>It should be pointed out that the fantasy RPG convention of "two weapons=two attacks!!!1" really wouldn't fit in Dwarf Fortress' "realistic" combat anyway.</STRONG>

It was just yesterday I was listening to the GM friend of mine recounting a thread Elsewhere where he and someone else were arguing over wheather two weapon fighting or two handed fighting was better.

Two handed weapons are far far better.  You can out-damage the TWF far quicker and far cheaper than the TWF and need less required stats (TWF needing high dexterity).

Re: Dual Wield
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

Draco18s, all depending on what the system in use is. DF doesn't use the conventional HP system of 99% of games, and the fighting is a whole lot deadlier.

No staring at your screen as a green bar turn slowly red in DF; and with the ability to cripple an opponent in one blow, even with a small weapon, the standard 2-handed vs 2-weapon comparison goes out the window.

Personally I feel wielding a 2-handed in DF is currently pointless unless you're facing a VERYtough opponent. Then again there have been threads about people blowing up ettins by throwing butterflies, so once again I reiterate that the combat system obviously needs work.

Pages: 1 [2]