Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44293 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #390 on: November 02, 2009, 06:26:04 pm »

Wait... I just realized Org can only give the potion as a assist,that means it is probably now or never.

So I suppose in a way Frelock is actually justified,if only on the part that it must be used immediately. I still don't quite agree on the specific want to have it used on Mr. Person though.

Tunnel-vision onward!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 02, 2009, 06:28:42 pm »

An Alchemist's potion may be used as an Assist or by the Alchemist himself in a duel. In all cases it will be announced that he is doing so. (Drinking a potion is fairly obvious)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »

Holy shit Frelock, what the fuck? Did you catch mad cow disease or something? I honostly had no real suspicions against you, but i'm having trouble thinking up something more blatant than throwing your lot in with Mr.Person so greatly as to demand that Org use his one-shot potion to assist him?

What?

Ladies and gentlemen, i believe we have our scum team; Mr.Person has gone from being highly aggressive and attempting to put words into people's mouths (not just me, i was just his major target) to try and make them look worse than they are; he was strawmanning his ass off, then when the tables suddenly turned against him he went all quiet, now all of a sudden he's back and whining about how nobody read his posts and nobody gave any reasoning for declaring him scum; Well i have to ask, who exactly is not reading posts here?

As for Frelock, what the hell Frelock, just, What the hell?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2009, 06:34:54 pm »

An Alchemist's potion may be used as an Assist or by the Alchemist himself in a duel. In all cases it will be announced that he is doing so. (Drinking a potion is fairly obvious)
What color are Priests in DF?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2009, 06:38:24 pm »

Oh and Jim, to answer your earlier question, i think the Scum team are fairly experienced, but uncoordinated. I don't see any signs of teamwork throughout this game, and while that does definitely make it harder to find the scum, it also makes it almost impossible for them to assist each other when they are inevitably found. This whole Frelock\Mr.Person thing smacks of two previously independant scum panicing upon being threatened and reflexively banding together. If Mr.Person hadn't been so blatantly strawmanning at the start of the game it might have worked too.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2009, 07:42:55 pm »

Oh and Jim, to answer your earlier question, i think the Scum team are fairly experienced, but uncoordinated. I don't see any signs of teamwork throughout this game, and while that does definitely make it harder to find the scum, it also makes it almost impossible for them to assist each other when they are inevitably found. This whole Frelock\Mr.Person thing smacks of two previously independant scum panicing upon being threatened and reflexively banding together. If Mr.Person hadn't been so blatantly strawmanning at the start of the game it might have worked too.

No, you're pretty much OMGUSing here. So what have I done that's scum? And no, aggressiveness is not sucmmy, so try again.

Holy shit Frelock, what the fuck? Did you catch mad cow disease or something? I honostly had no real suspicions against you, but i'm having trouble thinking up something more blatant than throwing your lot in with Mr.Person so greatly as to demand that Org use his one-shot potion to assist him?

What?

Ladies and gentlemen, i believe we have our scum team; Mr.Person has gone from being highly aggressive and attempting to put words into people's mouths (not just me, i was just his major target) to try and make them look worse than they are; he was strawmanning his ass off, then when the tables suddenly turned against him he went all quiet, now all of a sudden he's back and whining about how nobody read his posts and nobody gave any reasoning for declaring him scum; Well i have to ask, who exactly is not reading posts here?

As for Frelock, what the hell Frelock, just, What the hell?

So you're saying that I, as scum, got screwed... and rather than lie low and do some bussing, instead Frelock decides to tell Org to assist me? That makes PERFECT sense! Because as a result of this, not only is Org not any more likely to assist me, but he's also got loads of suspicion on him. Aah, yes, scum logic is fun.

Jim, Org, and Frelock, the scum team is Neruz and SHAD0Wdump. Right now, they're acting together, they're both acting scummy, and they both won't stand for seeing the other in the ring.I don't know what's up with that, except that they're the scum team. Neither of them will give a good reason for me being scum. Neruz's reasoning is bullshit, and SHAD0Wdump gets really defensive about explaining himself.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2009, 07:52:50 pm »

No, you're pretty much OMGUSing here. So what have I done that's scum? And no, aggressiveness is not sucmmy, so try again.
Again,falling back on mafia terminology.
, and SHAD0Wdump gets really defensive about explaining himself.
Your attitude makes my defensiveness look like... erm... I don't really have a good analogy for that... But anyway your posts far more defensive than mine.

Admit it,your acting like a scared child.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2009, 08:00:26 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock: Jim Groovester, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Mr.Person
SHAD0Wdump: Frelock, Mr.Person

I present to you our next Duelists! Mr.Person, our victor from last Duel and his new challenger, Frelock!

Vote phase has ended. Set-up phase will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday or until I have all side-actions, assists, and the duelist's Elements.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 4 Set-up Phase
« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2009, 08:09:58 pm »

Time to honor my word!

Assist Frelock with fiery defense.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 02, 2009, 08:13:53 pm »

<_<==>_>

Erm... I change my mind... make that...

Assist Frelock with fiery attack.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15:56 pm »

Time to honor my word!

Assist Frelock with fiery defense.

You can't change your assist once you've made it.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2009, 08:18:00 pm »

Meph hasn't scribed it down yet... And I made that change in decision just a moment after the first,so...

Pleasepleaseplease wave your magic hand and let me get away with this Meph pleasepleaseplease?

*doggie eyes*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2009, 08:20:19 pm »

*sigh* Very well, since you obviously changed your mind within minutes of posting that and no new information came in between your posts, I'll let you change it.

However, be more careful in the future.
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2009, 08:31:02 pm »

So....Frelock and Mr. Person, describe in 50 words why you are town and why you deserve this potion.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2009, 08:59:57 pm »

Why am I town?  Because my role PM said so.  That's the long and short of it. 

Why do I deserve your potion?  I really don't.  I'm relatively convinced that Mr. Person is town by this point, so in my point of view, we've got 2 townies in the ring.  Doesn't really matter which one wins, though because Mr. Person has a combat role, it's probably better to assist him.  Of course, if you're scum, you'll assist me to get a combat role out of the way.

Now to my claim:
I'm am the archivist; I'd rather be reading books than fighting battles.  Unfortunately, it seems that everyone has conspired against me to make my role utterly useless.  Panda died n1 (when I investigated him, seems he put down the insurrection of the goblins of the Eastern Hills in bygone years), Leafsnail screwed up big time day 3 after I checked him out n2(one of the 7 great seers of the land, brought down by his own foolishness).  The only real piece of information which could be of use to the town is that Neruz is a Battle Mage.  He won great fame for himself by stopping the troll uprising in the Canyon of Smoke.  Now, either he's dead tomorrow and is town, or he's alive and scum.  Not that it matters much at that point.  We're at 6 now; with a townie death and a scum kill, we're at 4 tomorrow with 2 scum.  They might as well come out; the RNG will decide the fate of those who remain.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35