Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44272 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2009, 04:24:07 pm »

There's no guarantee that the cabal are coordinating well in this game.  Therefore, it's difficult to rationalize if they're working together and everybody is stupid/smart, or separately and they're individually being stupid/smart.  The ExKirby claim, for one, was both ludicrous and yet increadibly intelligent.  It gave the impression of "look here; focus on me" meaning less scumhunting was going on.  So I really don't think there's any clear sign about the experience of the cabal team.

However, my suspicion of Mr. Person has grown less over time, and therefore I'm willing to give him his choice of opponent.  With one stipulation, however.

Org, I will unvote you if you promise to give your potion to Mr. Person in the coming dual.
I will think of this, as I dont want us to make a bad mistake, and then have myself against a cabal 1 on 1

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 02, 2009, 04:32:26 pm »

Org, SHADOWdump: What do you think of the Cabal's performance this game? Letting ExKirby claim archmage, incapacitating Pandarsenic, Beacon80, and Leafsnail, etc.

Org, I have questions I want answered.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2009, 04:54:32 pm »

OH right right...

Again,I doubt the cabal could have stopped Exkirby if he made up his mind on the matter,and the fact he done it before in the previous wizard duel supports a lone decision.

On the incapacitations Leafsnail was a obvious choice,he claimed seer after all.

Pandarsenic was particularly quiet,his method of 'no assisting' could also have been interpreted as him being a subtle mage. Not much else to work on though.

And Beacon was a replacement,not sure what could prompt him being targeted,however he did go rather heavy against Mr.Person,so perhaps a reaction attack?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2009, 05:06:27 pm »

They went after Pandar, maybe because he is good. Exkirby's claim let him survive, although inly for a round(? or so) later, as Shadow said, leaf was the seer, and Beacon....well Im not sure. Maybe because he attacked Mr Person, or it was random.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2009, 05:08:52 pm »

I voted Org because I thought it scummy that he would try to keep something holed up till the end, which is a scummy thing to do.  If he wanted to get rid of it, I see no reason why I shouldn't unvote him, as my reason for voting him was gone. 

The main reason why I'm not so suspicious of Mr. Person, is that this is similar to how he acted in Bay12 mafia, in which he was town.  Therefore I'm leaning more towards the idea that he's town.

Also, what's up with you, Shadow?  You weren't voting for anyone else, and suddenly you're on me for again supporting someone I think has a higher probability of being town than of being scum.  I was suspicious of you and Neruz for not voting a second person into the ring, but now that you've jumped on a townie at the first excuse (Org can be excused for the simple fact that this is how he plays, though I'm not happy about it)...

In the interesting of keeping a townie without a combat role out of the ring, I'm going to Unvote Org and Vote Shadowdump.

But you're not off the hook, Org.  If you don't use that potion this round, I swear I will push you into the ring tomorrow(if I'm alive).  I don't even care who you use it on anymore, just choose someone you think is town.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2009, 05:21:05 pm »

It's the magnitude at which your willing to assist,your willing to possibly give that potion to a cabal,if you are so interested in helping Mr. Person,why not just use a normal assist?

By the way,when was the last time I jumped on you? I'm growing bored of searching for it...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2009, 05:23:10 pm »

I have no idea what's going on. I do know that Frelock asked Org to assist Mr. Person with his only offensive option and then tied the vote for the second duelist by voting for SHADOWdump, tying himself for the spot.

I'm going to stick to my guns. Votes stay on Frelock and Mr. Person. Unless grand forces of the universe reveal themselves and make me reconsider, I don't think I'm going to change them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 02, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »

Okay, person, and Shadow, why should you get my potion?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 02, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »

I have no idea what's going on. I do know that Frelock asked Org to assist Mr. Person with his only offensive option and then tied the vote for the second duelist by voting for SHADOWdump, tying himself for the spot.

I'm going to stick to my guns. Votes stay on Frelock and Mr. Person. Unless grand forces of the universe reveal themselves and make me reconsider, I don't think I'm going to change them.

Not good enough, why are we scum? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, although Frelock was acting a bit strange earlier, he's acting townlike now.

Now SHAD0Wdump, what's the deal with this?

Perhaps.

I've also got this Frelock dealy to go on,he seems particularly interested in helping you,consider me locked into believing at least one if not both of you to be cabal.

These kinds of statements are scummy enough that I'll vote SHAD0Wdump. I see past your crap. This is a variation of the "One of these two is scum, focus only on them!" ploy that scum oh so love to do. Well I won't have it. You haven't explained your thoughts, you're arguments are scummy, and you're tunnelvisioning as all fuck, which is anti-town. And additionally, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is EXTREMLY difficult to link people who haven't roleflipped yet. You don't know my alignment... well, actually, I guess you do, since you're scum, but if you were town, you wouldn't know my alignment. So how can you determine anybody else's alignment based off of what they think of me when my alignment is an unknown? You can make guesses, but you'd be better off just asking more questions. So just stop, ok? I don't get where the Frelock wagon came from, I can see his reasoning. It's not scummy. In fact, except for some minor lurking a bit earlier (and he was most definitely not the only one guilty of that, not by a long shot), he's been townlike the whole game. What has he done that's scummy?

FAKEDIT: Org, don't ask that until the voting phase is over, ok? Of course, this post shows what I think, so there you go.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 02, 2009, 05:54:15 pm »

O ya. Sorry. :I

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 02, 2009, 06:06:58 pm »

And here you go again with your 'you can't be 100% sure I'm scum,so I must not be scum' bull.(and don't say that I'm putting words into your mouth as that's what it amounts to in the end)
 You also throwing on a little bit of random bandwagon crap for the hell of it... Me voting on Frelock for the reason of wildly allocating potential resources is not bandwagoning,your abusing mafia terms once again.

And will you stop bouncing around with your votes already? Your on me,your off of me,your on me again,and wasn't there a org vote somewhere? the hell if I know...

Now on to you Org,I'm getting the thought that it is likely wherever the potion goes to if not a cabal,if it is not used this duel it will be lost as the person it is given to will be targeted,if you do give it away I wouldn't announce it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 02, 2009, 06:13:49 pm »

Not good enough, why are we scum? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, although Frelock was acting a bit strange earlier, he's acting townlike now.

Not good enough to you, maybe. I've stated why I think Frelock is scum, and why I think you are.

Shall I throw around some insults and cry about how nobody's reading my posts? No, I won't. But that's what you'd do in this situation.

I'm not certain whether you or Frelock are Cabal. But I've got enough of a scum feeling from both of you to vote both of you in the ring. I don't have foolproof evidence, but I don't need it to vote for either of you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2009, 06:14:56 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock: Jim Groovester, SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Mr.Person
SHAD0Wdump: Frelock, Mr.Person

You have ~2 hours to finish voting
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 02, 2009, 06:16:46 pm »

I won't be changing my vote, since I've found the scum team.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 02, 2009, 06:21:31 pm »

I won't be changing my vote, since I've found the scum team.
Me too. Clearly.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35