Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44271 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #360 on: November 02, 2009, 12:01:51 am »

Then we're in deep shit.

If the Cabal have an Archmage for example, then we're basically screwed, since we don't have enough people left to assist enough to turn the tables on a Cabal Archmage.

If they've got a War or Battle Mage, then it's not so much of a problem.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 02, 2009, 06:49:08 am »

I thought you didn't want to throw a combat role into the ring, Neruz.  But who should we use?  Jim?  You?

And the problem with letting Org keep the potion, is that there's no guarantee he'll use it on someone in the ring.  More than likely, he'll save it to save his own sorry arse.

And Org, how big of an attack bonus are we talking here?  If it's, say +2, then you're probably right that it won't help you much against Cabal, but if it's more like +4, then that's a decisive advantage even over the cabal.
+4 IIRC.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 02, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »

So I'm gone for two days (sorry about that, by the way) and Mr. Person ends up voting himself and Neruz into the ring. I have no idea what's going on.

Unvote SHADOWdump.

Mr. Person wants to be in the ring. Like ExKirby (Cabal) before him, I will speed his entry into the duel. I don't know why he's been aggressively insulting everybody who voted for him in the process, though, that strikes me as a little odd. Mr. Person, if you're Tower, you're doing us a huge disservice by voting for yourself.

I don't think SHADOWdump can be Cabal if Mr. Person is, seeing as how they both argued with each other and even insulted one another.

Org seems like a pretty likely Cabal choice. He thinks SHADOWdump is Cabal on a 'gut feeling', without explaining how that gut feeling developed at all. And being an alchemist doesn't mean that Org isn't Cabal. And then everything I outlined in my last two posts. So my vote stays on him.

If Mr. Person is not Cabal, then I would highly suspect SHADOWdump as the next best candidate and then as a distant second and third, I'd start suspecting Neruz and Frelock. By that point, it'd probably be too late, however.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 02, 2009, 01:54:22 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Mr.Person: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Mr.Person
Org: Frelock, Jim Groovester

Vote Phase ends at 5pm Pacific Today. Org, Neruz, and SHAD0Wdump all have a second vote to cast.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 02, 2009, 02:05:02 pm »

Well, I kind of got this subtle hint that there was no way in hell you guys were going to unvote, so at least give me my Cabal choice into the ring. Hell, at least VOTE who you think is suspicious, come on now. It's like the game just died and nobody wants to try anymore.

Still, I'll unvote myself.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »

Are you asking us to vote Neruz into the ring for no other reason than you want him in there with you?

And you don't find anybody else besides Neruz suspicious? What about Org? Frelock? SHADOWdump?

You've got a one track mind in this game, Mr. Person. Scum don't get tunnelvision, or so I think, but I'm having a hard time rationalizing your belligerent actions and attitude, which I find scummy, with my intuition that says you're not scum, and that this is the way you normally act.

I keep flipping back and forth on you. Tower, Cabal, Tower, Cabal. I'm not certain about you, so I might as well keep my vote on you. Better to gamble on the side of caution, and assume you're Cabal. Hopefully the results of a duel with Org will prove illuminating.

It's time to do some last minute scum hunting.

Org, SHADOWdump: What do you think of the Cabal's performance this game? Letting ExKirby claim archmage, incapacitating Pandarsenic, Beacon80, and Leafsnail, etc.

Frelock, Neruz, Mr. Person: Based on the Cabal's actions, what do you think the make up of a Cabal team would look like? I'm not asking for names here, but rather experienced/inexperienced, smart/stupid, etc.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 02, 2009, 03:14:02 pm »

There's no guarantee that the cabal are coordinating well in this game.  Therefore, it's difficult to rationalize if they're working together and everybody is stupid/smart, or separately and they're individually being stupid/smart.  The ExKirby claim, for one, was both ludicrous and yet increadibly intelligent.  It gave the impression of "look here; focus on me" meaning less scumhunting was going on.  So I really don't think there's any clear sign about the experience of the cabal team.

However, my suspicion of Mr. Person has grown less over time, and therefore I'm willing to give him his choice of opponent.  With one stipulation, however.

Org, I will unvote you if you promise to give your potion to Mr. Person in the coming dual.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 02, 2009, 03:21:27 pm »

Woah hold up...

Frelock... What?

I think we are a little away from giving Mr. Person THAT much trust. In fact,I find this intensely suspicious. Why are you backing him up against all odds?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »

ExKirby claiming Archmage even though he was a Subtle Mage was incredibly intelligent? Huh? But having a Cabal subtle mage would be advantageous, since he could assist any Cabal teammates in duels with nobody being none the wiser. If the Cabal won, they could claim luck.

ExKirby threw away this advantage by claiming Archmage, and you call it intelligent. That strikes me as a little odd.

And what's this about you arranging help for Mr. Person, now? Did you assist Apostolic Nihilist last match just because you'd know Mr. Person was going to wipe the floor with him? As a WIFOM against suspicion to say, "Hey, look! I was right to assist this townie! Look elsewhere now!"? Did you choose Apostolic Nihilist over Mr. Person in Duel 2 because you didn't want two of your scum partners to fight each other?

Trying to get Org to throw away his only advantage by giving it to the person who probably needs it least? Happily arranging Neruz to get offed?

Honestly, all of that strikes me as suspicious. Unvote Org. Frelock, I think you just tipped your hand.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 02, 2009, 03:37:09 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock: Jim Groovester, SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Mr.Person
Org: Frelock
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 02, 2009, 03:46:23 pm »

Are you asking us to vote Neruz into the ring for no other reason than you want him in there with you?

And you don't find anybody else besides Neruz suspicious? What about Org? Frelock? SHADOWdump?

Are you morons even READING my posts? I believe I've stated why I think Neruz is scum at least 3 times now. Trust me, he's shown himself to be scummy time and time again. If you'd like, I can go back and find the posts, since some of them are fairly old.

The gist of it is, Neruz keeps active lurking, refuses to state any suspiscions, and has yet to make any posts with real content in them. In addition, I'd like to add the the facts that he won't respond to my accusations and has never in the entire game actually scumhunted. You might say "Unhelpful town", I say "Unhelpful scum". He's easily been the scummiest the entire game.

Looking beyond him, I would probably say Org or SHAD0Wdump, considering ExKirby's Archmage claim, which I'm going to call a mistake. However, since that's a total guess, I'll think about it more. I really haven't been looking much harder because I highly doubt you guys are going to all unvote me. I'd love it if that happened, but it probably won't.

I don't want to be in the ring, it's actually to my disadvantage to be in the ring (in some cases), I just don't dislike being in the ring, either. You guys are all terrible at reading softclaims, aren't you? I bet you haven't realized I'm a War Mage. This claim should be a shocker to no one.

In any case, STOP THE GOD DAMN LURKING! Seriously, Neruz posts nothing of value at all, SHAD0Wdump somehow gets by without properly reading my posts, Org posts no reasoning, and Frelock skirts with active lurking. Come on now, I want every single person that's voting me to explain WHY they're voting me. I know some of you have already, feel free to just quote your explanation (if it's still valid). Actually, while you're at it, post all your accusations, guesses, thoughts, and reasonings for the Org votes, too.

Seriously, why do I even need to post this? This should be STANDARD, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE TELLING YOU GUYS TO POST YOUR REASONING! Seriously, what the hell is up with the bandwagon? Why are we allowing people to bandwagon like that? What is wrong with you, rest of the town? Did everyone just wake up and forget how to play mafia? Right now, you're playing Roulette, considering nobody's talking about anything meaningful.

FAKEDIT: Hmm... Frelock, you bring up a good point. I'm still going to have to say I agree with Jim Groovester, though. In face, I believe I'll vote SHAD0Wdump for once again trying to vote without explaining himself.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 02, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »

Again,I've got you voted for your ballistic attitude.

On a separate note,it is unlikely that Exkirby could have been discouraged,no matter whom composes the rest of the cabal members.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 02, 2009, 04:06:44 pm »

Again,I've got you voted for your ballistic attitude.

On a separate note,it is unlikely that Exkirby could have been discouraged,no matter whom composes the rest of the cabal members.

So you think I'm scum because I'm aggressive?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 02, 2009, 04:08:52 pm »

Perhaps.

I've also got this Frelock dealy to go on,he seems particularly interested in helping you,consider me locked into believing at least one if not both of you to be cabal.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 02, 2009, 04:15:19 pm »

Perhaps.

Oh, come on. Why don't you try to be more non-committal?

I still expect you to answer my questions.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35