Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44256 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2009, 01:02:40 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Mr.Person
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby, Frelock, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Beacon80: Frelock
Mr.Person: Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Mr.Person
SHAD0Wdump: Apostolic Nihilist

Day is extended to ~5pm Pacific Today to allow Beacon time to figure out where his votes will go.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2009, 01:16:58 pm »

I don't need it.  If I'm the last one voting, that simplifies things.  Voting for Neruz won't accomplish anything.  I'd like Mr. Person to have a shot at going in the ring.  My second vote is largely irrelevant, but I'll toss in my support for ExKirby being in the ring.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2009, 01:21:22 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Mr.Person
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby, Frelock, Beacon80, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Beacon80: Frelock
Mr.Person: Beacon80, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Mr.Person
SHAD0Wdump: Apostolic Nihilist

ExKirby and Org have only a single vote cast so far. Since we have a tie between Apostolic and Mr.Person, I'll leave the day open until 5 unless they decide to Abstain with their last votes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2009, 02:28:59 pm »

Beacon80, I'm going to ask you a few questions before voting ends, just to see where you stand.

What's your opinion of Apostolic Nihilist? What do you think of my questions posed to him, and how he responded? What do you make of him asking ExKirby to claim his role? What other thoughts do you have?

What's your opinion of ExKirby? What do you make of his claim of Archmage? What do you make of his alignment?

What are your thoughts on Frelock? Leafsnail? SHADOWdump? Myself? Everybody else in this game?

I just want to get you talking, that's all, to see where you stand.

Alright, Leafsnail, you're lurking. You post far more frequently in every other mafia you're in, so I've gotta wonder, what's up? Trying to avoid scrutiny by only voting and assisting and making gameplay clarifications? That looks mighty suspect to me, since you're usually a lot more active and helpful than this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »

I'm sorry, I have been lurking slightly in this game.  Mainly because I feel that getting ExKirby into the ring is a must for today, and that Apost hasn't really done anything since I voted him to show he's not scum.  I will try to post more tomorrow.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2009, 03:04:06 pm »

I highly doubt that my vote is detrimental so No Secondvote.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2009, 03:10:39 pm »

Dude, there's a tie on Apostolic Nihilist and Mr. Person, and you're going to abstain with your second vote?

Do you not care who you fight? Do you not care whether they're scum or town? Honestly, this strikes me as something incredibly scummy to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2009, 03:19:23 pm »

You seem awfully shaken Nihilist...
Well, rather than shaken, I was fatigued. The sort of, 'stayed up all night to finish homework, went to school, then decided to post in the mafia forum without resting'.
Most of my posts are surprisingly nonsensical.

But yeah, ExKirby: You can decide who fights you. Who do you think has been scummier? Who's been dropping more scumtells, etc? There's no reason to leave the result up to chance.
Unless you're scum, and the both of us are town.
The lives of Tower Mages lay within your hands; your decision is important.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2009, 03:24:35 pm »

You guys are forgetting about Org's second vote, let's let him talk, too.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2009, 03:27:59 pm »

Alright, if it's a choice between Mr. Person and Apostolic Nihilist, I'm going to Unvote Jetsquirrel (thanks for filling in, beacon) and vote Apostolic Nihilist.

I don't mind fighting ExKirby. I'll die, no doubt, since he's either Cabal or Archmage...
I always find myself suspicious of people who throw themselves into the ring, but more so of people who give up and "don't mind dieing."

And Apostolic, I'm near certain that the town nullified me.  The scum know I'm town, and thus tell the truth.  If I had wanted to assist, I would have tried to get everyone else to do the same, not insisted that we all do nothing.  Therefore, a townie must have been suspicious of me, and therefore nullified me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2009, 03:39:58 pm »

Beacon80, I'm going to ask you a few questions before voting ends, just to see where you stand.

What's your opinion of Apostolic Nihilist? What do you think of my questions posed to him, and how he responded? What do you make of him asking ExKirby to claim his role? What other thoughts do you have?
I'm on the fence about Apostolic Nihilist.  He could be a well-meaning tower mage siding with Mr. Person based on his more valid arguments.  His request for ExKirby to claim his role certainly makes sense if he believed that contestants were immune to night activities (for lack of a better term).  All in all, my opinions of him and Mr. Person are largely tied together (i.e. if one of them flips scum, I think the other is likely scum, too, or tower, if the other is tower), but I'm more suspicious of Mr. Person than Apol.

What's your opinion of ExKirby? What do you make of his claim of Archmage? What do you make of his alignment?
Too early to tell on him.  His clear-cut victory certainly suggests he might be an Archmage, but it does nothing to prove his alignment, one way or the other.

What are your thoughts on Frelock? Leafsnail? SHADOWdump? Myself? Everybody else in this game?
Nothing has really jumped out at me on my first read through.  The battle between Neruz and Person was a fair bit distracting.  I'll try to give the first day a more thorough analysis when I have more time.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2009, 03:44:27 pm »

His request for ExKirby to claim his role certainly makes sense if he believed that contestants were immune to night activities (for lack of a better term).

The better term is: Side-action.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2009, 04:11:30 pm »

It figures that Org would come online, sign up for a mafia, and then not post in the ones he's playing in.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2009, 04:23:40 pm »

All in all, my opinions of him and Mr. Person are largely tied together (i.e. if one of them flips scum, I think the other is likely scum, too, or tower, if the other is tower), but I'm more suspicious of Mr. Person than Apol.
This is bad. Really, really bad.
When I flip tower, don't suspect Mr.Person less. I agree with his arguments and the way he's applying them.
As far as town/scum-wise, it doesn't tell me a lot. He's using a decent strategy which I agree with, but that doesn't make him more town.

I'm actually interested to know what he thinks of my alleged 'defense' of him. His most recent post was particularly cryptic.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2009, 04:34:30 pm »

I should clarify that a bit.  Apostolic or Person flipping tower doesn't mean nearly as much to me as if one of them flips cabal.  My doubts might lessen a little, but not much.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35