Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44269 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2009, 04:25:18 pm »

To clarify: A Wizard who is in a Duel can still be targeted by side-actions. Being in a duel only prevents that Wizard from performing any other actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »

To clarify: A Wizard who is in a Duel can still be targeted by side-actions. Being in a duel only prevents that Wizard from performing any other actions.
Meph. Why am I not voting Kirby.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2009, 04:42:56 pm »

Oh, I thought it worked both ways. Something like, 'Since all eyes are on this person, assassinating them would be extremely difficult.'
Then, in retrospect forcing ExKirby to claim was a poor choice on my part.

I'll have to disagree with you though, Jim. Attacking is our only real tool as Tower. We need to draw out and incite reactions by any means possible, especially when there's not much discussion going on otherwise. Neither Neruz nor Mr. Person strike me as scummy; their reactions and arguments are quite expected and usual. Baiting and attacking is perfectly legitimate, as well as defending oneself.

SHAD0W, on the other hand... you're attacking Mr. Person for trying to find scum?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2009, 04:58:20 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Leafsnail, Mr.Person
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby, Frelock, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Frelock, Mr.Person
SHAD0Wdump: Apostolic Nihilist

Ok, all votes should be correct at this point.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:10:54 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2009, 05:05:17 pm »

*cough*

Mr. Person is voting for Neruz.

Apostolic Nihilist, I agree that we need to incite reactions to find out who's Cabal or Tower, but at a certain point, you've got to look at what the reactions are telling you. So far, I think Neruz has reacted in a Tower-like fashion, yet the attacks by Mr. Person continue.

Defending your scum partner by making his actions look reasonable, hmmmmmm, Nihilist? And voting for SHADOWdump just because he voted for Mr. Person, hmmmmmm?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2009, 05:15:52 pm »

Neruz, when I was accusing you, for not clearly stating that you think Mr.Person is scum, I was referring to that particular post.  In the posts afterward you have quite clearly stated you thought he was cabal. 

In any case, Unvote Neruz.  Last time he was cabal, he lurked and bandwaggoned, and he hasn't really done either this game. 

Speaking of lurkers, Jetsquirrel, are you being detrimental to the town again?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2009, 05:46:16 pm »

*cough*

Mr. Person is voting for Neruz.

Apostolic Nihilist, I agree that we need to incite reactions to find out who's Cabal or Tower, but at a certain point, you've got to look at what the reactions are telling you. So far, I think Neruz has reacted in a Tower-like fashion, yet the attacks by Mr. Person continue.

Defending your scum partner by making his actions look reasonable, hmmmmmm, Nihilist? And voting for SHADOWdump just because he voted for Mr. Person, hmmmmmm?

Well, here was Shadow's post for voting Mr.Person was effectively,
"Hey! Don't be mean and attack people. I'm voting you now~!"

Er... I think.
Care to elaborate, though? Flimsy arguments are the best we can muster with no evidence, and the only real way to gather more evidence is to argue.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09:37 pm »

Well, we might as well quote SHADOWdump's post:

I do have to say that (second vote) Mr. Person has been pulling alot of flimsy arguments out of his pockets,I'm also noticing he's been making a meme out of the 'WIFOM' term,I don't like memes and I feel this is being used almost deliberately to bully others around.

Also,outside this field of attention,Flintus,why would you actively reveal that you've been nullified?

Basically, he's voting for Mr. Person for similar reasons I am, whatwith the flimsy arguments and overusing mafia terminology. So, I don't think it was simply, "Hey! Don't be mean and attack people!", so I'm wondering how you got that impression.

At this point, I can't elaborate on a relationship between you and Mr. Person, because I don't have enough evidence.

I thought it was odd that you defended Mr. Person's attacks against my vote on him in the same post you voted for SHADOWdump because he voted for Mr. Person. It seems like you have a lot of concern for Mr. Person. This concerns me, and thus makes me suspicious of you.

Oh, and asking ExKirby to roleclaim. That was suspicious, too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2009, 06:27:33 pm »

Wha—
I should really be more attentive, but anyway, my argument still stands. I'm not defending Mr. Person so much as I'm defending his reasoning. We need to use flimsy arguments until we have enough evidence to form better ones.

Jim; what do you suggest we do to draw out scum, then? Remaining passive?

Frelock; what do you make of the nullification on you? Do you suspect it was Cabal or Tower?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2009, 06:42:09 pm »

Jim; what do you suggest we do to draw out scum, then? Remaining passive?

You assume I disagree with your argument because I find you suspicious. You will find that, in fact, I fully agree with your argument, because I'm questioning you with (relatively) flimsy evidence, to see how you react. So far, I don't think you're reacting very well.

I don't know what to make of you, Apostolic Nihilist. I haven't been very aggressive in questioning you, but you seem to be backtracking at the slightest suggestion of scumminess.

At this point, I'm confident enough to throw you into the ring with the Archmage you pushed to roleclaim. I'm not finished with Mr. Person, but I will unvote him for the time being. Apostolic Nihilist is more suspicious to me at this time.

And I know I said that we shouldn't put ExKirby and Apostolic Nihilist in the ring together, but I'm getting a decent enough town vibe from ExKirby from what he's posted and a pretty strong scum vibe from Apostolic Nihilist, enough for me to backtrack on what I said.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2009, 08:40:44 pm »

wow, I really deserved that. Actually, I just reread my post and then your posts and I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I posted that last message. I suppose that's what I get for leaving half-finished replies open in tabs then coming back and posting them without actually looking at what they say.

I don't mind fighting ExKirby. I'll die, no doubt, since he's either Cabal or Archmage, but hopefully we'll be able to determine 

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2009, 08:50:08 pm »

...I'm clearly not in the best state right now. I meant to hit alt+tab but I hit tab+space, posting my message.

I'll just continue from where I left off:
Hopefully we'll be able to determine what role ExKirby has. If it's another ridiculously simple victory, we can assume he's archmage. If it's slightly more drawn out, he's likely Cabal. I don't doubt that he's Archmage right now — but if he is and he's not Cabal, he should be dead by the end of the next round.
I think there are better people we can put into the ring, but I agree that I'm probably the best choice for the time-being.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2009, 05:02:26 am »

You seem awfully shaken Nihilist...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:33 am »

Notice: Jetsquirrel has asked for a replacement. Beacon80 has agreed to take over for him.
Come play Mafia with us!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2009, 12:41:37 pm »

Hey all.  Just read through the all the posts so far.
The Neruz/Mr. Person thing is tricky to figure out.  On one hand, Mr. Person does have a few valid points.  Neruz's desire to assist on the first day strikes me as unusual.  A straight battle gave us valuable information that we wouldn't have gotten if people were randomly assisting.
On the other hand, Mr. Person seems remarkably overzealous in his pursuit of Neruz.  He is, in fact, putting words in Neruz's mouth.  He's throwing around OMGUS and WIFOM in situations where I don't think they really apply.
My biggest question at the moment is this: How much mafia experience does Neruz have?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35