Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44280 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2009, 07:38:34 pm »

Seems kinda like a decisive victory, and too much of one. I mean, unless he is an archmage, which would be a mistake, but I really doubt it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2009, 07:45:24 pm »

Now that I know you're here, you can answer several questions.

Since some of the main issues so far seem to revolve around Neruz's defense against Mr. Person's attack, I'll ask you, Org, what do you think about Neruz and Mr. Person?

What about Apostolic Nihilist asking ExKirby to claim his role? What about Mr. Person's vote for him? Justified, unjustified?

Are there other people we should be focusing on? Is the focus on Mr. Person and Neruz and Apostolic Nihilist so far a symptom of poor participation or is there legitimate concern about each of them?

What do you think, Org?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:57 pm »

I love how Apostolic backs off from his opinion as soon as somebody questions him. Wanting to back off is a way to avoid suspicion, something only the scum want. Thus, I'll vote Apostolic Nihilist.
It's not so much that I'm backing off, it's more like,
"Hey, ExKirby. It'd be nice if you roleclaimed now, but it's not necessary. However, if you win again, we're expecting an RC."
I don't really want a roleclaim, just a yes/no answer to my question would be fine.

He'll probably claim Battlemage, but who knows? It's worth trying for, at least.
As long as we continue to put him into the ring, the Cabal can't get him. Furthermore, if he claims Archmage, stops fighting, and isn't killed, we'll have more suspicions piled up against him.

Now, over the results of one fight, the above actions seem rash — that's all I really meant. ExKirby seems like a good person to keep in the ring for the time being at the very least.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2009, 07:58:35 pm »

Now that I know you're here, you can answer several questions.

Since some of the main issues so far seem to revolve around Neruz's defense against Mr. Person's attack, I'll ask you, Org, what do you think about Neruz and Mr. Person?

What about Apostolic Nihilist asking ExKirby to claim his role? What about Mr. Person's vote for him? Justified, unjustified?

Are there other people we should be focusing on? Is the focus on Mr. Person and Neruz and Apostolic Nihilist so far a symptom of poor participation or is there legitimate concern about each of them?

What do you think, Org?
Seems a bit weird, but it probably would be true about the dogpiling, although you should do what you feel like. They both seem a bit like townies, but whos to know.

I dont think we can trust ExKirby, but whatever. I really think he is Cabal, although it will suck for us if he is an Archmage, and it might be good if he claims, but ot might also hurt him.

It seems maybe a little of both, seeing how it is a good idea to have him roleclaim, but it is also dangerous if he is a good role, beecause they can stop him from being of any use and yeah.

We should focus on everyone, as those could just be a mafia trap or something, but you never know.

Meh.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2009, 08:40:47 pm »

I'm unsure if Exkirby is Cabal, i suspect he's almost certainly an Archmage though; in the previous game i showed that while Cabal do have an advantage in combat, it's not as decisive like that; my fight lasted ages before i finally came out on top.

Exkirby just dominated, 1HitKO. That to me says either opposite alignment (which it wasn't) or Archmage.

Could it be Cabal Archmage? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure. I am sure that Exkirby is a winner and we need to put him back into the ring a bit more, even if only to see how he reacts.

As for my second vote, i'm torn between Mr.Person and Apostolic Nihilist. They both seem highly aggressive (and not incidentally both seem to be gunning for me, although Apostolic Nihilist backed down when this was pointed out). So i'm a little suspicious of Apostolic, but Mr.Person gets my second vote because of his prior conduct and rampant attempts to put words into my mouth that i did not say, Apostolic doesn't seem to be trying to make me look like Cabal by making shit up, but Mr.Person very certainly did try and do just that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2009, 08:43:56 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Mr.Person
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby, Frelock, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person: Neruz
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2009, 08:54:56 pm »

Interesting, i didn't notice that until the tally went up, but Mr.Person has apparantly elected to not vote ExKirby into the ring.

Not sure what that means, if anything.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2009, 09:06:42 pm »

Well, I am somewhat suspicious of Apostolic Nihilist, as you did back down.  However, it's not scummy to back down when someone points out you're being stupid.  Nonetheless, it is scummy to back down when someone points out that your aggression is scummy.

However, what I'm really curious to know is, why was I nullified last night?  I was the one championing the no assist policy.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »

You were nullified? How do you know?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2009, 09:27:11 pm »

Flavor text said all the magic was drained out of me.  I take that to mean I was nullified.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2009, 09:32:11 pm »

It does? Where?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2009, 09:54:50 pm »

Interesting, i didn't notice that until the tally went up, but Mr.Person has apparantly elected to not vote ExKirby into the ring.

So first you OMGUS me, then you say I'm scum for not voting the guy with 7 votes on him? That's WIFOM, my good man, you can't pull that kind of bullshit argument. For your information, I didn't vote ExKirby not only because he has a ton of votes on him already and is already pretty much guaranteed to be getting into the ring, but also because I wanted to have my freed up vote used so I could vote the people who I think are scum. If I didn't find anybody else scummy, yeah I'd vote ExKirby because he really needs to stay in the ring, since he's probably either an Arch-Mage or Cabal (Or both!), so in either case he needs to stay in the ring.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2009, 10:24:56 pm »

So first you OMGUS me, then you say I'm scum for not voting the guy with 7 votes on him? That's WIFOM, my good man, you can't pull that kind of bullshit argument. For your information, I didn't vote ExKirby not only because he has a ton of votes on him already and is already pretty much guaranteed to be getting into the ring, but also because I wanted to have my freed up vote used so I could vote the people who I think are scum. If I didn't find anybody else scummy, yeah I'd vote ExKirby because he really needs to stay in the ring, since he's probably either an Arch-Mage or Cabal (Or both!), so in either case he needs to stay in the ring.

There's nothing OMGUS in my decision to vote for you; my decision was based upon the fact that you appear to be diverting a substantial amount of effort not only into trying to get me into the ring, but in trying to make me look like Cabal. You are deliberately misinterpreting my posts and attempting to put words into my mouth; in fact you just did it right then; i did not say you were scum for not voting for Kirby, in fact my post is right there, you quoted it and then stated that it said something that it did not.

Right there, words in my mouth, bad words. You are deliberately attempting to twist my posts and fabricate statements, you are erecting strawmen, accusing me of saying things i did not say and then basing your decisions on the things i did not say.
The only Cabal around here is you. My vote stands.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2009, 11:51:28 pm »

Then why are you blowing up, Neruz? If my arguments are strawmen, as you claim, why are you getting so worked up over it?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2009, 12:04:27 am »

Uh, i'm not? If my posts are coming across as angry or something then that's just one of those annoying limits of text communcication. I'm not getting worked up over your arguments, if anything i'm mildly surprised that you'd use such ovbiously faulty logic and reveal your hand so easily.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35