Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44312 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 1 Set-Up
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2009, 09:59:08 pm »

Combat is random, we'd need at least 2 or 3 combats with the same person to determine if they're naturally stronger or not without assists, and by that point, as the last game showed, it's too late.

On the other hand while i hate wasting a good assist, everyone will dogpile me if i don't, so against my better judgment; No Assist.

A coward, eh? Cowardice is scummy. Who would you like to assist? Why are you choosing not to assist? Why would you like to assist?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2009, 10:05:12 pm »

Oh, hey. Everyone no-assisted before I even got here.

I will NOT ASSIST.
ExKirby.
With fire.

Yeah.

What?

Combat is random, we'd need at least 2 or 3 combats with the same person to determine if they're naturally stronger or not without assists, and by that point, as the last game showed, it's too late.

On the other hand while i hate wasting a good assist, everyone will dogpile me if i don't, so against my better judgment; No Assist.

A coward, eh? Cowardice is scummy. Who would you like to assist? Why are you choosing not to assist? Why would you like to assist?

You're going to need to explain that logic to me.

As to who i'd like to assist. Dunno. Possibly Kirby cause he kind of got raeped first time round last game and it would be kind of sad if he went down again. Odds are however i'd probably just flip a coin. I believe i made myself quite clear as to why i'm not assisting.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2009, 10:27:06 pm »

You're not assisting because you're afraid of dying. Only scum is afraid of dying. Then you say you would randomly decide? So you admit you aren't paying attention to the game at all?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2009, 10:38:02 pm »

You're not assisting because you're afraid of dying. Only scum is afraid of dying.

Ok what? Seriously, you're going to need to actually explain the logic of this to me because it looks like complete nonsense on my end. I don't want to die because A: I'm out of the game and B: Every tower that dies puts the Cabal one step closer to victory, and i hate losing.

Then you say you would randomly decide? So you admit you aren't paying attention to the game at all?

No, i admit that this being the first fight it is completely impossible to determine who is Cabal, unless somone cocks up royally.

You should probably stop leaping to unsupported conclusions; not only do they tend to fall over, but that actually is somewhat suspicious, since, you know, unsupported conclusions are actually beneficial to the Cabal more often than not.

Honostly, are you actually engaging your brain or are you just parroting what other people have said in the past?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »

And hang on, if all the Tower are supposed to be willing to die, doesn't that make the Cabal's job so much easier? All they have to do is sit back and chill while the Tower throw their lives away.

Real productive use of resources there. You're not making any sense at all Mr.Person.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2009, 10:19:18 am »

*cough cough flame cough cough*
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2009, 12:03:06 pm »

No assist sounds fine to me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2009, 12:59:48 pm »

Then you say you would randomly decide? So you admit you aren't paying attention to the game at all?

No, i admit that this being the first fight it is completely impossible to determine who is Cabal, unless somone cocks up royally.

You've confirmed it, I'm voting you into the ring tomorrow. You're trying to convince us that we cannot determine who's scum on day one, which is total and complete bullshit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2009, 08:54:47 pm »

I will NOT ASSIST.
ExKirby.
With fire.

Yeah.

Either you're joking or you're a Subtle Wizard. What are you not assisting him with? Attack? Defense? Healing? Speed? I suppose it doesn't really matter.

FoS on Mr. Person for attacking Neruz and not making any sense doing it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2009, 09:13:52 pm »

I will NOT ASSIST.
ExKirby.
With fire.

Yeah.

Either you're joking or you're a Subtle Wizard. What are you not assisting him with? Attack? Defense? Healing? Speed? I suppose it doesn't really matter.

FoS on Mr. Person for attacking Neruz and not making any sense doing it.

No, he's scummy because he said he would randomly assist somebody in the ring, probably to cover up him assisting his scumbuddy. Now I dunno about you, but in every mafia game I've ever played, randomly determining things was considered very, very scummy. When he said you couldn't figure out who's scum on the first day, that sealed it for me. That's WIFOM, and it's wrong, too. Spreading WIFOM is scummy enough on its own, but when it's incorrect WIFOM, the only thing more scummy is wordlessly bandwagoning.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2009, 09:21:21 pm »

Errr....not much to post.

Pandar is either joking or....yeah, probably joking. But we should watch him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2009, 09:35:03 pm »

No, he's scummy because he said he would randomly assist somebody in the ring, probably to cover up him assisting his scumbuddy. Now I dunno about you, but in every mafia game I've ever played, randomly determining things was considered very, very scummy. When he said you couldn't figure out who's scum on the first day, that sealed it for me. That's WIFOM, and it's wrong, too. Spreading WIFOM is scummy enough on its own, but when it's incorrect WIFOM, the only thing more scummy is wordlessly bandwagoning.

Alright, I get what you're saying. It is a little suspicious that Neruz seems to be covering his ass by saying that people would dogpile him if he assisted somebody. Not terribly so, but still a little.

I won't unFoS you, because I think you're putting words into Neruz's mouth. I don't remember him saying that scum couldn't be found on the first day, he was just saying that determining who's scum based on a duel would be of limited use, because of the random nature of combat, choosing elements correctly, inherent stats from having a battle role, etc. etc.

Further, you asked him who he would assist, and then you jumped on him for saying he'd choose randomly, even though he said that he'd probably be more inclined to assist ExKirby. Again, you're putting words into his mouth, and it looks like you trapped him into making some scummy comments.

Basically, you're acting a lot scummier than Neruz is right now.

And how come you jumped on Neruz with such ferocity when you let Pandarsenic go without a word with his no assistance to ExKirby? If you're going to be horribly suspicious of someone, you might as well do it to everybody.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »

Alright, I get what you're saying. It is a little suspicious that Neruz seems to be covering his ass by saying that people would dogpile him if he assisted somebody. Not terribly so, but still a little.

I won't unFoS you, because I think you're putting words into Neruz's mouth. I don't remember him saying that scum couldn't be found on the first day, he was just saying that determining who's scum based on a duel would be of limited use, because of the random nature of combat, choosing elements correctly, inherent stats from having a battle role, etc. etc.

Further, you asked him who he would assist, and then you jumped on him for saying he'd choose randomly, even though he said that he'd probably be more inclined to assist ExKirby. Again, you're putting words into his mouth, and it looks like you trapped him into making some scummy comments.

Basically, you're acting a lot scummier than Neruz is right now.

And how come you jumped on Neruz with such ferocity when you let Pandarsenic go without a word with his no assistance to ExKirby? If you're going to be horribly suspicious of someone, you might as well do it to everybody.

Yes, that's true, but look at it this way: What reason does a townie have for randomly choosing who to assist? There's no reason. What reason does scum have for randomly choosing who to assist? To assist their scum partner without providing a reason or even looking bad for doing so later.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2009, 10:28:19 pm »

Yes, I'm joking. I said I'm *not assisting* people.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2009, 03:03:49 am »

Thanks Jim, i have to say that Mr.Person's attempts to skew my words and make up what i was saying entirely have me pretty convinced. At first i thought it was just a genuine misunderstanding but i find it extremely difficult to believe that now.

As for 'covering my ass' so to speak, i was actually just trying to elucidate my thought processes. I dislike 'wasting' opportunities on principle, but as it appears that everyone has elected to not assist anyone, doing so would be incredibly suspicious and to do so randomly would also be entirely unreasonable. Hence why i elected not to.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35