Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44240 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 Begins!
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2009, 02:05:27 pm »

Yeah, I second that. I don't want to vote, because then it becomes a bandwagon.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2009, 02:14:25 pm »

Unvote Leafsnail and ExKirby.

Dwarmin: You're not playing this game very good. Are you new, or are you scum? You seem like you're new, and instead of verbalizing your thought process like you've been doing, you should keep that to yourself.

Nonetheless, it would be foolish to ignore what you've said so far. Enjoy your time in the ring, Dwarmin.

Yeah, I second that. I don't want to vote, because then it becomes a bandwagon.

Coward.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2009, 02:35:42 pm »

Eh, let's raise the bar a bit. I'm gonna (attempt) to throw myself into the ring.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2009, 02:38:03 pm »

Didn't you do that in Round 1? That didn't work out too well for you. I can't imagine any possible reason for why you would want to do that again.

So, ExKirby, why are you throwing yourself into the ring... again?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 03:39:53 pm »

Dwarmin, the few pointers you asked for.

First off, this banter is nothing.  Look at Bay12 mafia if you want to see how the big leagues play.  Walls of texts deeply analyzing everyone's word choice are common.  So don't worry about small paragraphs; posting a textbook is fine, so long as there's some ideas in it.  Lurking, or reading the thread through and not posting anything, is not considered scummy, persay; townies do it, but it's incredibly unhelpful for the town nonetheless.  Hence, we lynch lurkers strictly because they are unhelpful.

Secondly, your voting me simply screams "scum."  This is because of two main things.
1. You vote for someone, and then say that you think they are town.  This is know as "covering your arse."  If you're scum, you know right well who's town, and who's not.  Therefore, if you vote for a townie, you hang back, saying you're not exactly certain.  That way, when they flip town, you can say "I told you so" and not seem like a scum trying to lynch a townie (which you are).
2. You voted for me solely for the reason that I voted for you.  This is what we call an OMGUS ("Oh My God, You Suck!").  Basically, it shows that you're trying to deflect suspicion on yourself, not by beating the others person's arguments, but instead by attacking the person.  You simply can't stand the fact that I'm right about the idea that you're scum, and hence you lash out against me needlessly, attempting to divert suspicion away from yourself and onto me.

So, in sum, always provide reasoning for your voting, and vote with confidence.  There's plenty of ways you can post and not be scummy.  Passiveness is usually a scum-tell; aggressiveness is usually a town-tell.  We can't simply wait and hope things turn out for the best; we have to actively hunt and find scum.

Hence why I'm going to Unvote Neruz and Vote ExKirby.  Wanting to throw yourself into the ring?  Find, go ahead.  However, I think we should all agree to refrain from giving out any boosts on the first day; the scum has the advantage in actual battle, therefore the winner of any individual battle without boosts is likely scum.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2009, 03:45:28 pm »

Im not actually sure we should throw Exkriby in the ring. He wants to go in there!  :-[

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2009, 03:46:08 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Leafsnail, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Dwarmin: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Mr.Person
ExKirby: ExKirby, Frelock, Jim Groovester
Frelock: Apostolic Nihilist, Dwarmin
Jetsquirrel: Mr.Person
Mr.Person: Apostolic Nihilist
Org: Leafsnail
Pandarsenic: SHAD0Wdump
SHAD0Wdump: Neruz
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2009, 04:12:56 pm »

Im not actually sure we should throw Exkriby in the ring. He wants to go in there!  :-[

Considering trouble that the Tower had unraveling all the self-votes last time around, it's no surprise that people are probably going to be more reluctant about voting for themselves and more permissive in letting self-voters into the ring.

If experience has taught ExKirby nothing, then too bad for him.

Why the concern, Org? Leafsnail (or was it Kashyyk?) pointed out the WIFOM potential in voting for yourself in Round 1, and Tower wizards don't need to deliberately create WIFOMs for other Tower wizards, as voting for yourself would no doubt create. So, why should we not throw him into the ring, and settle this immediately?

However, I think we should all agree to refrain from giving out any boosts on the first day; the scum has the advantage in actual battle, therefore the winner of any individual battle without boosts is likely scum.

I fully agree with this policy.

I wouldn't say that a winner is likely scum, however, but it certainly does point in that direction.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2009, 05:57:06 pm »

I notice that one of my votes are off...

Anyway full unvote to get everything fresh.

Pandarsenic because he has been quiet.(and I've heard about the assassin thing,but he's stretching it pretty far)

Exkirby Because he wants in,and I might very much like to see why.

Look at it more as testing panda with some random willing guy.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2009, 07:31:54 pm »

I'm not a good liar guys. Which means I should probably stick to roleplaying.

So, okay. I managed to make all the newbie mistakes, so I'm doomed. Big surprise there.

Unvote Frelock and vote for myself. No one help me in the ring, please. I really don't want to play anymore...you have to be deceitful and quite frankly, aggressive, to enjoy this kind of game, and it's just not for me. Being a coward helps too, and that's not a insult. It's how you win...

Hey, cabal you got a free kill. I couldn't of made it easier for you. Enjoy it. Because I'm a normal mage...nothing special about me. I was expecting to go down a little later, to spare one of our important tower roles.

/runs away and never comes back
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2009, 07:55:55 pm »

Since nobody else has voted Shadow and i hate to waste a good vote;

Unvote SHAD0Wdump and Vote Frelock, because i still have a bone to pick with him and i don't trust his little 'i'm so helpful' act he's got going on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2009, 07:57:29 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Leafsnail, Neruz
Dwarmin: Dwarmin, Frelock, Jim Groovester, Mr.Person
ExKirby: ExKirby, Frelock, Jim Groovester, SHAD0Wdump
Frelock: Apostolic Nihilist, Neruz
Jetsquirrel: Mr.Person
Mr.Person: Apostolic Nihilist
Org: Leafsnail
Pandarsenic: SHAD0Wdump
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2009, 09:09:47 pm »

Unvote SHAD0Wdump and Vote Frelock, because i still have a bone to pick with him and i don't trust his little 'i'm so helpful' act he's got going on.

What, just because I saw through you as scum last time, you begrudge me for being a semi-decent player?  And because I point out why somebody's being scummy, you accuse me as well?

Also, Dwarmin, giving up is one of the scummiest things you could do.  Still, if you don't want to play, you'd be better to ask Meph to get you a replacement, rather than just trying to get yourself killed.  Mafia rule #1: Always try to win.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2009, 09:32:06 pm »

What, just because I saw through you as scum last time, you begrudge me for being a semi-decent player?  And because I point out why somebody's being scummy, you accuse me as well?

Actually it's mostly because i can to be perfectly honest.

Not that it matters; looks like Kirby and Dwarmin are our duelists for today. Quick, vote for someone random!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2009, 09:44:58 pm »

Woah woah woah woah, wait a cotton-picking second! Unvote Jetsquirrel, he's been cool, he hasn't acted scummy. Vote Aposlostic Nihilist, were did all of the votes on him go? Why is nobody applying pressure on him anymore? Why did you suddenly go quiet, Aposlostic Nihilist?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35