Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44204 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 5 Vote Phase
« Reply #420 on: November 04, 2009, 04:21:08 pm »

Before anyone goes and massclaims... Meph... What's the rules on cabal in duels inflicting nightkills?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 04, 2009, 04:28:28 pm »

A player who is in a duel cannot perform any side actions. That includes the Cabal incapacitation (night kill).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 04, 2009, 04:29:54 pm »

Im glad I was right! If I were wrong, probably would have not been a good thing.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 04, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »

Well no shit...

Alright,Unvote.

Now... Org!

Seeing as how much Mr.Person bashed Neruz in the previous day and had much lesser blaming towards Org,I can only assume that Org must be the cabal.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 04, 2009, 05:31:02 pm »

Alright, now which townie will be so willing as to charge into the ring for an attempt at killing the cabal?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 05, 2009, 02:13:46 am »

I say we kill two birds with one stone; we know there's only one Cabal left, but we don't know if it's SHAD0Wdump or Org, throw them both in the arena, they can't make a night-kill, if the town dies we know who the Cabal is and can stick me in with him (as i am a Battle Mage, unless you're a better combat roll Frelock) and hopefully come out victorious.

What're your thoughts on Cabalishness Frelock?

Also, babes, i do believe it's Roleclaim time. As you all know, i am a Battle Mage, what are you dirty lot?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2009, 02:17:20 am »

Additionally, excuse me for a moment while i dance my "I Was Right" dance.

*Dances*

Finally, Mr.Person turning up Oracle is kind of a bad thing, since it means that there's a good chance the last Cabal role is a battle role, and that plus the 2 extra stats for being Cabal probably puts us at a serious disadvantage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 05, 2009, 06:58:41 am »

I am the Alchemist, as everyone here knows. And this is bad, because if Shadow is the  last Cabal, and he is a battle role, Im screwed

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 05, 2009, 11:49:24 am »

Well fine... since everyone has gone out and claimed publicly,instead of to Frelock...

I'm the Celestial Mage.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 05, 2009, 02:06:29 pm »

Well, after careful deliberation, I've decided that Neruz and Org are the most likely to be cabal.  Personally, I'd suspect Neruz most, as Org was helpful and gave away the potion, though I still suspect him somewhat for holding back.  Also, Neruz's banter with Mr. Person also lends itself towards Neruz's defense.

Why do I think Shadow is town?  Because celestial mage is a new town-only role, and meph likes to include the new roles in the first game they can appear in (note the alchemist appearing in this game, the watcher appearing in paranormal, et al).  Meta-gamy to the extreme, but it's still valid reasoning.  Another meta-game tactic, if I understood the points correctly, we're at -2, meaning the town is currently favored.  If a town archivist is worth 2, a town battle mage 1, a celestial mage 1, and a cabal alchemist -2, then it all works out.  Alternatively, give a scum battle mage for -2 and a town alchemist for 1, and you still get a balanced game overall.  Of course, if shadow is lying about his role (I really shouldn't have claimed when I did), then that particular argument falls apart.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 05, 2009, 02:09:59 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Neruz: Frelock
Org: Frelock, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
SHAD0Wdump: Neruz

Voting will go to ~5pm Pacific Friday or until all votes are cast
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 05, 2009, 03:31:48 pm »

Alright...

Second vote Neruz.

Come to think of it, that's really the only possible vote combo that makes sense for me, Frelock's confirmed, and why would I vote myself?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 05, 2009, 09:59:06 pm »

Well, Ill vote myself if I have to, but who has the best chance of winning the duel? None of us? Oh man. We are at lylo(duelo?). So lets see, I hope I get lucky. Come on large number!

Org Neruz

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 05, 2009, 11:08:25 pm »

I'd say it's a tie between Shadow and Org; on the one hand i have severe doubts about Shadow's roleclaim, but Org voting himself into the ring bodes poorly and suggests that he might be a Cabal battle role and confidant in winning.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 06, 2009, 11:13:52 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Neruz: Frelock, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Org: Frelock, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
SHAD0Wdump: Neruz

The votes are in folks. Looks like we have two new contenders, Org and Neruz!!

Ok, Vote phase is over! Sign up for Assists and send in any side-actions. Duelists, send me the Element you're going to attack with.

Set-up phase will go until ~10am Pacific Monday or until I have all of the actions/assists/elements
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35