Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44223 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2009, 01:10:09 am »

I do have to say that (second vote) Mr. Person has been pulling alot of flimsy arguments out of his pockets,I'm also noticing he's been making a meme out of the 'WIFOM' term,I don't like memes and I feel this is being used almost deliberately to bully others around.

Also,outside this field of attention,Flintus,why would you actively reveal that you've been nullified?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2009, 01:43:34 am »

I think I'm better off roleclaiming here. I'm the Archmage. Maybe the Subtle Wizard used his powers to give me a 1-Up without anyone realizing? And heck, while I'm on a role, In with me.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2009, 02:30:17 am »

Actually, Shadow, it was me who said that, not flintus.  I revealed it because I wanted some conversation going.  Obviously whoever did it thought I was a subtle mage who would go against my own suggestion (I am not and did not).  I also thought that town should have a better idea of what roles are out there, and the fact that we have a nullifier will make things possibly very difficult for the town (as they can, in secret, hinder us from using our executioner in the most effective way).

Now, as to Mr. Person, I agree that he his augments haven't been that great.  However, it's not like there's no merit in them.  For example, Neruz, take this quote, used by Mr. Person:
Interesting, i didn't notice that until the tally went up, but Mr.Person has apparantly elected to not vote ExKirby into the ring.

Not sure what that means, if anything.
The fact that you're pointing it out means that you do think it means something.  You are calling attention to Mr.Person, and not because you think he's town.  It's because he's acting abnormally.  This is going to have the effect that people will think him scum, especially because he's not "going along with the crowd." 

You don't state it out loud, and in fact that's what makes it so scummy to me.  By not directly accusing him, you gently prod a fiery townie(somebody with Toonyvision) to get into an argument with him.  This will end up making one or the other look scummy, while keeping their attention focused on them.  Take shadow, for instance, who's suddenly attacked Mr Person because he doesn't like the WIFOM term (a poor excuse for voting if I ever heard one, I call shenanigans on you).

Not to mention, you claim he was "putting words into your mouth" before that quote.  Last post I can see, he was attacking Apostolic Nihilist, not you.
Neruz
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2009, 03:03:33 am »

Well I didn't like his attitude to begin with... >_>

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2009, 03:53:45 am »

Interesting, i didn't notice that until the tally went up, but Mr.Person has apparantly elected to not vote ExKirby into the ring.

Not sure what that means, if anything.
The fact that you're pointing it out means that you do think it means something.  You are calling attention to Mr.Person, and not because you think he's town.  It's because he's acting abnormally.  This is going to have the effect that people will think him scum, especially because he's not "going along with the crowd." 

That was partially my intent, but mostly i was calling attention to it because i thought it was a little odd and i wanted to know what everyone else was thinking.

You don't state it out loud, and in fact that's what makes it so scummy to me.  By not directly accusing him, you gently prod a fiery townie(somebody with Toonyvision) to get into an argument with him.  This will end up making one or the other look scummy, while keeping their attention focused on them.  Take shadow, for instance, who's suddenly attacked Mr Person because he doesn't like the WIFOM term (a poor excuse for voting if I ever heard one, I call shenanigans on you).

I don't state it out loud? Would you mind going back and reading some of my past posts? I'm pretty sure the last 3 or so have all been me calling Mr.Person Cabal.

Not to mention, you claim he was "putting words into your mouth" before that quote.  Last post I can see, he was attacking Apostolic Nihilist, not you.

Ok, now i know you're not reading the posts. He quoted my post and directly responded to it, how was he talking about Apostolic?

I would also tentatively agree with SHAD0W; Mr.Person is using alot of 'established facts' so to speak about Mafia, throwing down terms and making broad sweeping statements about what is 'scummy' and what is not without actually considering the meaning behind those statements or terms. It's as if he expects everyone to fall in line behind him because he has declared an OMGUS or WIFOM without anyone bothering to check what the terms actually mean and realise they don't apply the way he's trying to apply them.

Basically, his posts look like they're following the standard pattern of basic 'brainwashing' or crowd direction; you throw out established 'facts' and make broad sweeping statements without a shadow of a doubt, which often causes people to agree with you on principle rather than call attention to themselves. It's a standard literary and speech device used by leaders on the ignorant masses all over the world, and in a game of Mafia it's incredibly suspicious, as only the Cabal have any reason to try such deception.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2009, 03:55:09 am »

A point i should have added to my last post but forgot to; Mr.Person has made ample use of OMGUS as some sort of shield, trying to wield it to prevent anyone he votes for voting for him in turn while at the same time making him look innocent and them look like Cabal. It's a great pity for him that OMGUS doesn't actually work like that.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2009, 09:52:46 am »

I think I'm better off roleclaiming here. I'm the Archmage. Maybe the Subtle Wizard used his powers to give me a 1-Up without anyone realizing? And heck, while I'm on a role, In with me.
Well, this is actually quite a good turn of events, I would say. If we keep him in the ring, we can protect him from any NKs and the like.
What does everyone else make of this?
I mean, it's possible he's lying scum, (or worse, he's scum and not lying) but for the time being, he's one of the strongest players we have.
Now, whoever we put into the ring with him is effectively lynched. They don't really have much of a chance at all, so we have to be careful from now on.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2009, 10:00:26 am »

I say after we get a cabal or two downed through the superior power of Exkirby,we then go and not vote him into the ring to determine whether he is cabal or not,because I really doubt he should survive if he is of the tower.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2009, 11:00:41 am »

Well, this is actually quite a good turn of events, I would say. If we keep him in the ring, we can protect him from any NKs and the like.
What's this, Apost?  Using this to justify your earlier rolefishing, I suppose?  Are you aware that being in the dual does not protect you from kills, and that it only prevents you from performing actions yourself?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2009, 11:32:35 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Leafsnail, Mr.Person
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby, Frelock, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person: Neruz, SHAD0Wdump
Neruz: Frelock

Vote phase will go until ~10am Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2009, 12:25:26 pm »

Hang on a second. Isn't Air good vs Water? So I should've won?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2009, 12:29:39 pm »

Fire element is good against Water alignment.  Although if you are an archmage, you'd probably trash him even if you chose Water.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2009, 12:42:10 pm »

Exkirby... what do you mean you 'should've won'? You did.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »

Wow. Yeah, ExKirby won that pretty decisively as everyone has said. THe only thing I can think of other than a Cabal wizard is like archmage or battle mage or whatever.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »

If ExKirby is the Archmage, he'll probably end up dead at the end of the duel, unless he's Cabal. Or the Cabal will count on that to make us take out our own Archmage. Whatever the case, keep him in the ring, use him as executioner. We'll certainly know his alignment if he turns into a flower at the end of the duel or something.

I'm going to go ahead and cast my second vote for Mr. Person. I think his attacks on Neruz have been unwarranted. Further, I am now suspicious of Frelock for going along with Mr. Person's arguments and supporting them.

Apostolic Nihilist, ExKirby is not protected from side actions while in the ring, so the Cabal can still target him for their incapacitation. Being in the ring prevents the duelers from performing side actions they would otherwise be able to perform, hence why it's a good idea to put the Cabal in the ring.

I'm not going to make a fuss about it like Leafsnail did, because you might've not known, since it isn't that clear in the rules.

ExKirby, not that I'm greatly concerned about your opinion, but since you are the (an?) Archmage, and you're being voted into the ring, who would you like to see in the ring with you? So far, you haven't voted for anybody. I figure it would be polite to ask whom our executioner would like to execute.

Leafsnail, aren't you usually more active than this? So far, most of your posts have been votes or assists. This has me concerned.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35