Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 44279 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 1 Set-Up
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2009, 12:04:14 pm »

Just a quick update: I have all of the actions and whatnot except for Jetsquirrel. I kind of assume he's going to do nothing like everyone else. However, my laptop seems to be missing my dueling program. So I'll run the duel and get everything written up tomorrow from work.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 1 Set-Up
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2009, 11:14:22 am »

Dwarmin strides out into the Arena on the Southern Side. He gestures with his wand and Dark Orange runes of power explode over his head and thousands of glinting shards of ice float above him.

ExKirby walks out into the Area on the North Side. He raises his wand aloft and Crimson runes of power form in a circle at his feet. The runes glow bright and begin to swirl around him until a red tornado of energy and air swirls about him.

As the Marshal of the Games lets loose a blast of multi-colored light to signal the start of the Duel Dwarmin slashes down with his wand and the shards of ice hurl forward at ExKirby! The Red mage turns himself sideways and throws a wall of red energy up before him. Tiny sparkles of ice explode into an orange and red mist as the shards slam against the barrier.

ExKirby then runs forward, wand twirling in the air above his head as the red-tinged whirlwind grows larger and larger around him. The red mage then leaps into the air, hovering for a few moments while the rush of dust and air sweeps past him to engulf the orange wizard. Dwarmin is hurtled backwards and slams into the arena wall with a sickening crunch. His limp form falls down to the arena sands. The Arena falls silent for a few moments, but he doesn't stir. Looks like he's out cold.

ExKirby turns and bows to the roaring crowd as the Marshal signals that the duel is at an end. A quick but explosive beginning to the Tournament!

You hear shouting behind you, however, and you all turn to see Pandarsenic rapidly shrinking in his chair. By the time security gets over to him he's only a few inches tall! You're not sure what happened, exactly, but it seems someone has decided to remove some of the competition outside of the ring as well!

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statements:

Dwarmin, Wizard of Water has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
  Pandarsenic, War Mage of Water has been inflicted with shrinking powder and is removed from the Tournament!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2009, 11:18:52 am »

Well, Exkirby seems to have won that battle pretty decisively.  He's probably either in the cabal or has some sort of power role.  Either way, it would probably be better to keep him in the ring for now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2009, 11:45:27 am »

"God damn you guys, couldn't anyone turn around and notice this happening!?" Pandarsenic yells (in a comically high-pitched voice) as he's carried away in the hand of a nurse.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2009, 11:51:23 am »

Interesting.  I too will agree that Exkirby won that dual just a little too handily.  Yes, he lost the speed battle, but that could have been just a very lucky roll on Dwarmin's part.  Of course, the win could have been a very lucky roll on ExKirby's part as well.  However, ExKirby didn't choose the right element, so I sincerely doubt his roll was a full 10 points higher than Dwarmins.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »

Not to bandwagon,but as others have stated Exkirby completely obliterated Dwarmin. I feel we should make another test with a individual slightly aided.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2009, 12:10:30 pm »

Neruz, I've already said why I think you're scum.

Frelock, how do you know ExKirby didn't choose the right element?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:41 pm »

He fought with Air in the flavour text, and Dwarmin was a Wizard of Water.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2009, 04:05:10 pm »

Wow. Yeah, ExKirby won that pretty decisively as everyone has said. THe only thing I can think of other than a Cabal wizard is like archmage or battle mage or whatever.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:34 pm »

That was like the Jetsquirrel/JanusTwoFace fight at the end of Round 1. Total domination.

ExKirby is either a member of the Cabal or is the Tower Archmage. Whatever the case, we probably want to keep him in the ring.

So, let's find another member of the Cabal to put in the ring with him.

Oh, and good news! There's likely no Gray Mage, and even better, there's no Gray Mage who mistargets 75% of the time!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2009, 06:10:07 pm »

We should probably throw ExKirby in again just to get a better bearing on the situation.

The second combatant will be a bit more difficult to choose — the most we have on anyone is Neruz's fanatical defense of himself and Pandar's joke.

ExKirby: Are you either an Archmage or Battlemage?
Knowing this may help decipher the reason behind his easy victory, and furthermore it could help us choose a more suitable opponent.
Neruz seems a bit weak to me. He's probably not a combat role, but this is all just an assumption based off his defensive reaction and opposition toward dying. He probably wanted to assist so he could become stronger to counteract his lack of strength.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2009, 06:18:04 pm »

*cough*rolefishing*cough*

Alright, Apostolic Nihilist. I have some questions for you, because everything you just said is setting off my scum alarms.

Why are you asking ExKirby to claim his role?

Why do you think Neruz's defense of himself is fanatical, and why does that make you suspicious?

What do you think of Mr. Person's attack on Neruz, as he was the one that forced Neruz into his allegedly fanatical defense?

Why do you think Pandarsenic's joke is something to go off of?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2009, 06:33:39 pm »

*cough*rolefishing*cough*

Alright, Apostolic Nihilist. I have some questions for you, because everything you just said is setting off my scum alarms.

Why are you asking ExKirby to claim his role? More information will help us better understand the situation. The more we know, the easier we can defeat scum. Having him roleclaim now is a bit preemptive; if he wins the next round too, then I suppose it'd make more sense. I was just trying to start some sort of discussion.

Why do you think Neruz's defense of himself is fanatical, and why does that make you suspicious? I suppose 'fanatical' is a bit of a hyperbole. Still, his responses came off as frantic to me, but perhaps that's just the way I'm reading them.

What do you think of Mr. Person's attack on Neruz, as he was the one that forced Neruz into his allegedly fanatical defense? I think attacks are all we really have to go on right now. If random voting doesn't work, attacking and inciting a reaction may be the best way to find scum.

Why do you think Pandarsenic's joke is something to go off of? Well, I don't. That's why I specified, "The most we have to go off of..."; rather, it's really the 'best' we have, and it isn't much. We should be focused on expanding our horizons.
Answered in quote due to laziness.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2009, 06:56:44 pm »

I love how Apostolic backs off from his opinion as soon as somebody questions him. Wanting to back off is a way to avoid suspicion, something only the scum want. Thus, I'll vote Apostolic Nihilist.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »

Alright, some thoughts.

If ExKirby is scum, then Apostolic Nihilist is not scum. Conversely, if Apostolic Nihilist is scum, ExKirby is not scum. There is also the possibility that neither of them are scum. My reasoning is that if they were both scum, Apostolic Nihilist wouldn't have needed to ask that question, since he'd already know ExKirby's role. Unless he's trying to do some WIFOM by asking a suspicious question to his scum partner. But that doesn't make much sense.

So I don't think we should throw both of them in the ring together at the same time, since it's reasonable to assume that at least one of them is not scum, by that logic. We should, therefore, look elsewhere.

Mr. Person, what do you think of ExKirby, and his decisive victory over Dwarmin, combined with his self-vote during the last duel's voting phase?

There are a lot of people voting, but not a lot of people participating.

So, time for some prods.

Frelock, Leafsnail, SHADOWdump, Org, Jetsquirrel, ExKirby: What do you think about recent events? We need to get a healthy discussion going, since we didn't have one before the last duel.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35