Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22592 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Doing it.
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2009, 07:56:09 am »

As a note if you mess that weapon up you are going to create a permanent wave of magma. And by permanent I mean it will continually bounce back and forth the outer area of the fort slaughtering FPS. Just wanted you to know its probably not the best of ideas, even with the whole Boatmurdered reference.

Don't tell him that he might might listen.

Can I have a dwarf. Named after me. Engraver. Custom profession "Slacker." Thanks.

whats the little voice saying? hmmm never mind :P. don't worry i've got a fair bit of experiance making these and it shouldn't bounce around perma.

FPS is at about 10-15 for me. like it always is with the 2d version. wether it's 80 dwarves or 7 dwarves O_O.

and sure thing. do you want the legendary engraver?. i think their still unclaimed
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2009, 08:40:45 am »

2nd slate, mid-spring

the weapon is nearly ready. it's 95% complete and requires testing. to make whis safe i'm digging out a statue room for the dwarfs to go to when the no outside order comes.

our competent mason, legendary engraver who's also an artifact maker came up to me and demanded that he will now be known as BKWM nd has claimed that their proffesion will now be "slacker" i dont see the point seeing as their the best and fastest engraver we have.  :-\

4th slate, mid spring

the fuel is almost across the chasm. none of us can wait for the untold destruction.

MIGRANTS. 5 10   15 20 35 of them (including a baby by it's lonesome and the trade minister) :)

20th slate, mid spring

hallujah. all thats needed is to test fire and start steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll making :D :D :D :D :D
YOU'VE STRUCK THE GODDAM IRON ORE AND COAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22th slate, mid spring

a plant fiber cabinet. how lovely :)

24th slate, mid spring.

time to test the weapon ;D

also the smiths are being rather slow on the forges. dont they understand that we need that steel now! so we can make magma forges
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:07:43 am by skaltum »
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2009, 10:10:03 am »

Looking nice, how many dwarfs we have?

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2009, 10:25:41 am »

115 :)

6 nobles T_T

unkown wealth (need a broker and for that we need coins hence the steel making for the M forges)

soon to be 114 dwarves because a hunter is caught on the outside of the super safety against the "MTW" device. which is going to be tested soon

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2009, 10:28:55 am »

any way you can organise it so the six nobles are on the outside?
much more productive weapon testing then
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2009, 10:31:11 am »

i'm the broker no thankyou :P.

but the mayor and trade and house ber hmmmmm the possibilities. i'll relocate there rooms to the magma river.

i think it floods every summer i'm not sure

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2009, 11:08:42 am »

i' pretty sure that only the cave river does that

but still a lack of guards and a hole in the wall leading to the river could allow for some nice fire-ip related deaths ^_^
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2009, 11:09:46 am »

house bers house already has plenty of forts for a view of the river ;)

BKWM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2009, 11:51:19 pm »

and sure thing. do you want the legendary engraver?. i think their still unclaimed

Yes That would be great thank you

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2009, 12:05:04 am »

On that note how are all the named dwarves doing? Are all the hallways at least smoothed yet? Is Rice a legendary engraver yet?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2009, 04:53:05 am »

Name an engraver Sankis!
*Spews more Boatmurdered references*

EDIT: Got the name wrong... How embarrassing :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:09:55 am by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2009, 07:34:02 pm »

On that note how are all the named dwarves doing? Are all the hallways at least smoothed yet? Is Rice a legendary engraver vandal yet?

Fixed.

I have a suggestion.

All useful legendaries get a larger room.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2009, 12:17:54 am »

i'll see what i can do after college. i havn't had much time recently and it was my birthday yesterday ^_^.

annnnnd the legendary vandel was named as requested. uhhhmmm quick update time me thinks :P

meh i really cba making rooms for these...

and a silly miner who loved to spam has just drowned :/

i wonder if my steel bars are ready. i might need to up the amount of furnace operaters
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:29:28 am by skaltum »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:58 am »

Happy Day-After-Your-Birthday! In my family a birthday is celebrated for three days before and three days after the actual day. Happy Birthweek!

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2009, 06:15:23 pm »

Happy Day-After-Your-Birthday! In my family a birthday is celebrated for three days before and three days after the actual day. Happy Birthweek!

thanks maaaan :). hmmmm i might just get the testing over and done with or play till summer. an estimated 5-15 FPS really blows. because the GPS frame rate is default at 50. and thats what always eats the computers.

i've mostly played with speed 1 dwarves tbh :/. only way to go for me at the moment BUT however i have made a huge amount of progress AND found iron and coal. and the almost ready "MTW" oh and the fort is now 200% more defendable from external attack and hopefully "MTW" weapon usage

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14