Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22603 times)

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:3)
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2009, 10:18:18 am »

11th of Malachite 1053

The trading season was good and the humans brought much food, though little booze. Their plants will have to be brewed of course, but the meat will help our stocks quite a bit. I was also forced to increase our stockpile size, which is something I pride. Hopefully I will have had the farmers brewing enough so that we will not run out of booze this year. I am almost certain I can manage that.

I've also made an indoor stockpile for refuse and a new butchery area with a tanner's workshop included. This should make it so that we will never have to worry about lost resources in the food department. Of course the area is also a shortcut type path so my minions seem all to happy to run through the thick clouds of miasma. I'm never sure about their wisdom for they also constantly complain about the smell. Fools.

12th of Malachite 1053

I have yet to find the hematite that I have been searching for and I fear that I will be unable to complete my solemn promise to Kazkan. I must find it. The forges MUST be up and running before I giver up this power.

22nd of Malachite 1053

Though they have officially left and stopped trading, the humans still do right by us. They have been killing off many of the creatures that live here allowing us to harvest they're corpses and butcher them. Our stockpiles grow ever larger!

26th of Malachite 1053

I can't help but continue to HATE cats. They kill off all of the cave spiders that live in our cave river, making it nigh impossible to have a proper silk industry. If only there were some way to kill off those detestable things. The only problem is that they have owners, and those owners are loathe to be separated from their less then dwarven companions.

Haspen, has grown considerably better at mining, but I haven't had much time to create smoothing projects, even though I desperately want too. Being a leader and overlord requires me to calculate important decisions and expansion is more important then comfort. On that note I realize that becuase of the period of time that we are in methods for smoothing ore and gems are beyond the typical craftsmen here, and without proper tools I am also unable to smooth them. A shame really.

11th of Galena 1053

We found some veins of platinum, a beautiful metal, but still no traces of hematite. I would have thought it to be much easier to find.

6th of Limestone 1053

Although the mining is still hectic work, I have found time to rearrange the dining room. One of the previous overlords had arranged it so that tables and chairs would be flipped. This however led to my minions sometimes sharing tables. Of course this angered them, and left tables unused, which angered me. I've found time to correct this mistake as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:33:38 am by ricemastah »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2009, 11:23:35 am »

I wouldn't mind taking an engraver or a military dorf, if one's free.
Also known as Zuhayr.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2009, 11:57:21 am »

Lofn which do you want there are plenty of both, but there are more military options. I'm playing right now so up to you

24th of Limestone 1053

The trading went well, though the dwarves brought mainly leather and meats. Mining continues and we have found some silver. But the iron still eludes me.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2009, 01:37:53 pm »

Don't forget screen shots!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2009, 07:27:20 pm »

Lofn which do you want there are plenty of both, but there are more military options. I'm playing right now so up to you

Uhm uhm uhm.  Hammerdorf, please.  If one isn't free, then surprise me. :P
Also known as Zuhayr.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2009, 11:59:30 am »

Lofn since you didn't specify what gender you wanted I gave you the most skilled military dwarf. Also you're a girl. And since they don't spar nearly as much in 2D you're still just a novice wrestler. LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Sensei, sorry I haven't been doing screenies. Not something I'm really good at.

Edit: This game doesn't seem to see rough gems very well. We should check the bug reports and see if maybe this was an old reported problem because Sensei died of the same thing.

7th of Sandstone 1053

My year is heading to its end. I have but a season and a month left to build this fortress before I hand it off. And I have yet to fill the one thing I said I would do. It is quite frustrating.

11th of Sandstone 1053

A batman came to ambush us while we were mining out the chasm. It attacked one of the nameless migrants and surprisingly he quickly struck it down. Neither Haspen or myself even needed to raise a hand to help her. She just calmly stood the attack and bashed a hole into the thing's skull. I'd almost feel sorry for it if it hadn't tried to kill us.

22nd of Sandstone 1053

One of our weavers has been stricken by inspiration! before this he was hard at work manipulating the threads and cloth of our dwarven clothes and bags. He is gathering up silk thread, and whatever he makes I'm sure it will be a wondrous garb

23rd of Sandstone 1053

Again progress has been stopped for the lack of gems. He has stated no preference to any type of gem, and we have several about. I'm mystified as to what I should do to solve this problem

18th of Timber 1053

Apparently we had a foul blendec amongst the wilds outside of our fort. It went about killing a cougar and several foxes. We only noticed when we saw the corpse surrounded by deer. I noticed several chunks surrounding the blendec and blood on the maws of the deer. Their eyes are red. This place may be more evil then I had first thought...

8th of Moonstone 1053

The weaver has gone insane as expected. Luckily we have a back-up. But still a tragedy.

14th of Moonstone 1053

Kobolds came in to steal our goods. We slaughtered them, but they managed to kill a dog.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:26:41 pm by ricemastah »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2009, 02:08:44 pm »

map of ye awesome 2d fort?
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2009, 04:40:14 pm »

Could the moody dwarves demanding gems and not gathering them in fact be referring to un-cut glass?

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2009, 07:18:29 pm »

Maybe, I don't actually know. Toady might not have separated the two at this point in the development. So yea, it is possible. Though we don't have any glass any way. But I have a mini cloth industry up, so we can have bags soon enough to get the sand for glass.

Edit:
The map image on DFMA
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7346-timetravels

The Save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1548

12th of Obsidian 1053

A carpenter has been possessed, but he has yet to run off and claim a workshop. I really don't want to deal with this so close to my resignation. I'll let the next overlord deal with it. For me I hoping for a better room that's been smoothed!

1st of 1054

I'm done for now. But I will likely be back. To my successor I leave many task to be done.

1. Find iron and smelt steel
2. Make quarters for the manager and sheriff as well as the rest of the migrants. There are many, and designing the rooms well will take time
3. Get to the magma and set up the forges

As a note the stockpiles are very high, and the booze should last till your first harvest. Unless you decide to cook the booze which will severely lower our stockpiles. There is currently a large amount of excess wood should you choose to use it, though I recommend using it for beds. I have gone ahead and set up an archery range, and have been using the left over bones to carve bolts. I believe the fortress is an great health and it should continue to be so.

I would recommend placing the new rooms past the river, and remember 5x5 hallways are your friends!

~~~~~~~

PS:  Everyone should use the DFMA for map uploads, and I will be placing POI's with my thoughts on what we should do as a fort. I think it'd be nice if other rulers/overlords do this too and if the current player would pay attention to those thoughts it might be nice.

Also do we ever plan to breach the HFS? It does mean an auto-lose.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:28:27 pm by ricemastah »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2009, 02:50:00 am »

I think you should be digging north/south for hematite. i don't think we ought to be messing with the auto-lose unless things have truly gotten boring. Speaking of HFS though- you're up!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:4)
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2009, 07:57:17 am »

I got the save. I'll start playing later on today.

Also, I'm having trouble with DFMA, so I can't upload the map. Don't know why.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:50 pm »

Bah, just do what I did- ALT+PrintScreen > CTRL+V in Paint > Upload on imageshack

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2009, 07:29:27 am »

Great...now I'm having computer trouble...I can't play...

Posting from a different computer.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2009, 07:42:58 pm »

If you still haven't played yet, HFS, or you have and the moody dwarf hasn't lost it build a bowyer's workshop. I really was too lazy to do it, but I think that's what he wants.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2009, 09:19:59 pm »

Are you going to be able to play at all?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14