Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22604 times)

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:2)
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2009, 08:58:14 pm »

My question is why you decided to bridge over the water when there was a small crossing area already and almost directly across from the depot.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 04:39:56 pm »

26th of Limestone 1052

I've ordered a lever to be pulled. That was around the 15th. It has yet to be pulled. This has forced the merchants to walk around the main entrance to the trade depot. It seems there are many among our ranks that have no desire to follow my authority. I must find these anarchists and cut them down while I still can. Sensei has yet to gather more then a single piece of malachite, though we have plenty of it and we also have sphalerite and cassiterite. He has yet to gather any of the other things he has sketched as well including rough gems and thread. I hope the visions he has are not beyond his ability to create. Otherwise he may go mad...

28th of Limestone 1052

They're all sleeping. I'm the only one working for our fortress. That damned lever still hasn't been pulled and the merchants are waiting for us to bring them goods for trade. The booze is runnin glow, and it seems like people just constantly want to put food in our barrels.

3rd of Sandstone 1052

I may go mad before Sensei, every day my sensibilities are assaulted by the previous designers planning. The food storage is too far from the farms, and I see plump helmets littering the ground from canceled deliveries, the dwarves are too busy drinking to finish putting away the food. This is ridiculous.

They are so LAZY they can't even move goods to the trade depot!! How will I ever get us any food for the winter? Its gonna be a long winter this year. Our booze supply is running low and withough more barrels we may have to... it too terrible to think of. I can only hope they snap out of their stupor and start working!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:54:07 pm by ricemastah »

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2009, 05:05:16 pm »

EDIT: Actually I think the right lever controls the bridge. Just putting it out there. I'm leaving the bridge down though. I don't see any reason to keep it raised. It's not like we're expecting a siege anytime soon

10th of Sandstone 1052

Before the merchants left I managed to have enough goods moved out to the depot to buy out most of the food. They didn't bring any booze, but it will have to suffice for now. I didn't get the cheese either. That's a real shame I've heard that the dwarven cheeses were good enough to be engraved about by many a master.

20th of Sandstone 1052

Tragedy. The vision was simply to great for Sensei, andhe has gone stark raving mad. The halls now fill with his insane and loud ramblings. He speaks of heroes and ancient times, as if he has forgotten where and when we are. I think that his mind has returned to our time, but I too could be going crazy.

PS: Sorry Sensei, I really tried to get him what he wanted, I even set up a farmer's workshop to get thread and everything. He just stopped collecting items after the FIRST piece of malachite, which I don't understand at all. I was hoping he'd make it through, a legendary weaponsmith would have been really nice.

23rd of Sandstone 1052

A mother cat gave birth to a kitten the other day. I had it slaughtered. I wish we had some tanners in this outpost, but we don't. I cry for my lost kitten mittens.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:18:10 pm by ricemastah »

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 05:53:00 pm »

[pre-emptive] Rest-In-Piece Sensei ;-; [/pre-emptive]
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2009, 06:51:39 pm »

19th Sandstone 1052
I've failed, I've failed Armok. I cannot create this thing, I cannot sate the... bloodlust? Something like that, in me. I cannot handle this any longer, today I shall strike my own skull with this hammer, never to rise again.

¶ē§Ł¤DžɆʄʘʪʥʬ˨ͽͽжѪ
Blah. Hubbub. Lai hai hei! Dwarves are telling me I've gone mad۞
But҉ I didn't. Imma got my sword˨                    right here. You can see it... I didn't didn't didn't ac҈tually find all the materials that ʬere neccessarifideled, but I'm a resourceful dwarf... I've built it, tip to pommel, out of                and                  .                                              ....................,';,.;'..,;..

Ҫats
Lokum Lokumoram tells m3 that it wasn't so bad... but I think he's just benѹ nice.
˨ͽͽжѪѹ҉҈Ҫ۩۞
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2009, 04:46:39 pm »

6th of Timber 1052

Snakemen have launched themselves out of the river and surprised some carpenter. I didn't really know the guy, and he was quickly ripped apart. I in our first squad of wrestlers, but only Kazkan showed up and he started wrestling them alone. He too was ripped apart. The snakemen engaged our military forces in the central hallway leading towards the river. We didn't realize that there were more of them back there and another one appeared right after we struck one down! We killed 3 snakemen, one retreated and we lost a carpenter and Kazkan. Our two remaining military personnel are also paralyzed. I'm thinking we may need to euthanize them. The battle lasted for 2 days. I need to prepare new coffins to lay them to rest. I may also need to hold back on the expansion project and focus on securing our lands as is.

9th of Timber 1052

Just a day after the massacre, migrants arrived including a hunter with a crossbow. I'll be drafting her into the new military considering the old military is filled with cripples and paralyzed fools. The migrants bring our number up to 28, although accounting for the soon to happen deaths of the cripples I think it'll be 26.

22nd of Timber 1052

We found a large chasm running through our mountain. Deep in that rift we can see the fires of some humanoid creatures. I'm gonna assume these are the so-called chasm creatures I read so much about during my Ancient Studies courses. They are quite primitive from all reports and very aggressive. It's said that if you dump all manner of trash on them they shall come in great numbers and attack us. I might just set up a water fall system to do that. Their bones could make a fairly good bolt industry for us while we train our crossbow dwarves. But I don't think I have enough time to set it up. My ruling period shall be limited apparently to the spring of 1054. And I have yet to get to the magma river. It should be just beyond the chasm. But I don't think I'll be expanding any time soon.

18th of Moonstone 1052

The winter progresses rapidly and we've almost finished the road for the caravans to come through on. I have a craftsman working feverishly on goods to impress both the humans and the elves when they appear. If nothing else the elves will serve as a good test base to value our good not to mention the sorely needed food they will bring. I have no doubts that we will survive and with booze to spare, but if migrants show up the elves may actually be the difference between our survival and a long slow starving of the fortress.

PS: Sorry Kazkan, dwarves are still retarded in this version and you rushed in against 3 snakmen. The carpenter I drafted to fight them didn't do too much either. He kinda just sat there and let the snakemen rip him apart

PS2: It's taing a lot longer to run a year then it would normally take me. Probably because I can't just leave it running and stuff but also because it just doesn't go as fast. This makes me really sad. But I will continue and finish my turn before its too late!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:01:55 pm by ricemastah »

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2009, 05:41:54 pm »

Wow, Kazkan actually had a very dwarven experience, his first mention was him getting killed in a horribly painful manner due to bravery/stupidity.

=D
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »

Don't worry, there can be extra time allotted for your unusually long 'year', not to mention that I'm fairly willing to be flexible in the first place.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2009, 11:23:39 am »

Remembering the Boatmurdered and Great Dwarven Engraver Hero Sankis, can I claim an immigrant? Haspen, engraver. Or mason, if there won't be any engravers.

But I really want an engraver.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2009, 12:58:13 pm »

22nd of Opal 1052

A new migrant has decided to introduce himself to me. He goes by the name of Haspen, and apparently likes all things Dwarven. Like limestone, a critical component in steel, iron, a beautiful metal, war hammers, a wonderful goblin killing tool, catapult parts and horses. Can the guy get any more Dwarven. Not only that but he likes engraving things too! I love this guy its awesome!

23rd of Opal 1052

The road to the outside is completed, and we'll soon have human caravans showing up. This promises to be quite useful for our trade relations as I've noticed that our booze stockpiles have dropped considerably lower then I expected this winter.

4th of Obsidian 1052

The last month of this year and a craftsdwarf has been taken by a fey mood! Hopefully it is successful. We can't afford to lose another able dwarf.

5th of Obsidian

After gathering but a single log the craftsdwarf began his construction. I'm guessing it not going to be very impressive.

9th of Obsidian

A maple cup. Don't get me wrong it looks wonderful. But it's still a maple cup. Sometimes I wonder what really inspires these craftsdwarves.
In much better news our first line of trap defense around the river has been finished. I ordered weapon traps to be made after the River Massacre, and to honor Kazkan. Each trap has two bronze picks and an iron battle axe. That ought to teach any invader that they shouldn't mess with the dwarves.

3rd of Granite 1053

The road we had was dirt, but has now been replaced by stone. Mainly through my efforts. I have also had the dining room resmoothed, and I had expected Haspen to be right on it. Instead he insisted on drinking while some nameless engraver was doing the work. I owuld have been helping, but the need for trade is much more important.

I also noticed a lot of the workers having several different jobs assigned to them and simply could not believe that the previous leader had not seen to correct this problem. I went about correcting the glaring mistakes that I noticed.

11th of Granite 1053

The river finally flooded covering the cavern floors with nutrients needed for this year's planting season. I had the farmers begin laying out the plots immediately. We'll have great surpluses this year I hope. I also had it so that it would be only the farmers that did the harvesting, hopefully allowing them to train their skills to the point of producing better and larger yields for our crops

24th of Granite 1053

I noticed the Elves haven't come for trade. I wonder why. I had expected to get some cloth from them. We need to start producing bags, because I've located quarry bushes, which are quite useful for making large amounts of leaves to produce delicious foods. These people are lucky to have me as their leader for yet another year. I'll make sure that none of them starve. Or at least the important and useful ones.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:15:09 pm by ricemastah »

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2009, 02:18:44 pm »

28th of Granite 1053

A girl has been born! New life has come into the fortress and all the people of Leopardsabre are happy to welcome the child into our ranks!

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »

Could I get redwarfed please?

Epic dwarven baby adventures to be had by Ulma =3
(For clarification, if i can be redorfed, the new child, name of Ulma)

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:3)
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »

As a thought it's probably not gonna grow up into an adult, but if you want so be it.

11th of Slate 1053

I've finally be introduced to the new baby. She's been quite content at our fortress apparently. Her name is Ulma. I can only hope that she'll live to see adulthood. I read in my ancient studies classes that many children never reach adulthood. In fact there are rumors of fortresses through the ages had actually had devices to separate mother and child in order to kill the children. Some particularly cruel overlord had the execution of the child carried out by the parent! Of course I would never order something like that so Ulma has nothing to fear. At least not from me.

4th of Felsite 1053

More migrants have arrived. Luckily we're ready for their arrival. Well we don't have rooms ready for them yet. But we will soon enough. There were quite a few of them, and it'll take me awhile to get to know each one. We actually got a recruit, but he was quite literally skilled in nothing. Disappointing to say the least.

We did get a sheriff. I'm guessing he'll keep the fort secure while we finish setting up a proper military. In fact it may be time for me to set up the magma works, although I'd rather wait till we've found some iron to smelt into steel. Then we can set up the forges right away. I guess its time to do some exploratory mining.

After the final count we're up to 57 dwarves. We have doubled our fortress' population with that last wave and then some. Forget what I said about prepared, that wave never ended.

13th of Felsite 1053

A migrant jeweler has been taken by a mood. He'll soon claim a workshop and from there hopefully produce something a little more inspired then the last fool.

14th of Felsite 1053

Nope. Again the fools claims only one adventurine to make his most marvelous creation. Why can't they be like Sensei, a true visionary. Even his failure I dare argue is greater then the two fool's triumphs.

18th of Felsite 1053

The thing is done. An adventurine animal trap. It menaces with spikes of adventurine. If you ask me it kind of makes the trap a little... less effective? I figured it would look more inviting. But I guess the dwarf must know what he's doing he is after all a legendary gem cutter.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:13:00 pm by ricemastah »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:3)
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2009, 08:30:49 pm »

Cool story bro!

While there are few replies, know that your views count steadily grows...

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2009, 05:22:08 am »

I also noticed a lot of the workers having several different jobs assigned to them and simply could not believe that the previous leader had not seen to correct this problem. I went about correcting the glaring mistakes that I noticed.

Yeah... well that wasent me, i hate to do that (organizated fortress is good fortress). And I ahte fix that too so  i pretty much leave them in way they are :P (Yea, im lazy bastard, i know that^^).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14