Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22581 times)

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:2)
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 03:01:50 pm »

End summer was busy time, but i managed to write some stuff that happened..

Human only had some meat, but in these time, meat is good thing (but if they dont bring any booze next time, i dont know what i will do...). Xanthius just pass out all the time, dont know why ???

21 Malachite, Xanthius starved to death. Dont know reason why. He just kept pass out all the time, but he wasent really injured or sick. Maybe he had some mental problems...

Xanthius body allmost rotted, becouse whole fortress decided go to sleep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
First ampush, though not very dangerous. Just 1 attacker ,and its unconscious :)
Time to test my little military.
Stukos, one of recruits attacks enemy. Stukos gets some free hits, maybe becouse uncousious enemy :P
Stukos has defeated enemy, and has become a wrestler.
Luckily no one get hurted.

26th Galena
Remember Zan, peasant who got attacked by werewolf at start of spring? Well, he was in bed all this time, and this is result

Okay some stuff came and so i didnt have time to play as much as i planned.
But its allready autum so im glad that managed to play this far.

Save will be uploaded tomorrow morning
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:06:25 pm by Ezk1 »

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 03:51:39 pm »

Curses!

Oh, well. I have a plan...

Where's he buried?

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 07:37:12 am »

Hmm, i have little proplems whit DFFD, so lets see if i can find some other website where i can upload save.

Xanthius is buried in down left corner of coffins, near enterance

EDIT: Here is save
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:47:13 am by Ezk1 »

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 10:32:05 am »

Well, I'm just waiting on the ability to dl the save, cause I'm not a premium member of rapidshare. However when I do get it things will happen

Edit2: While I have the save I seem to be missing the region1.dat file which is apparently an important file in actually playing the game, do you happen to have it Ezk1?
Edit2: It migh be called region1.sav because there is a game going on
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:59:53 pm by ricemastah »

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 02:30:25 pm »

so i accidently put activation code email of dffd account to trash. After facepalm, i managed register myself to DFFD.

Here is save, and there is that sav file that was missing (sry, for taking so long)

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 03:23:32 pm »

looks interesting, if there are any spare, unnamed dorfs could I claim one for a name please?
(if yes then Name: Kazkan, and Occupation: whatever but something to do with military if possible.)
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 04:44:13 pm »

Squad leader of our main (and only) military squad is available, want that?

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »

If I could, yes please  :)
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 07:26:02 pm »

looks interesting, if there are any spare, unnamed dorfs could I claim one for a name please?
(if yes then Name: Kazkan, and Occupation: whatever but something to do with military if possible.)

What weapon do you want to use? It's my goal to have the magma smelter and forge set up by the end of my term. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set of bronze armor and weapons forged as well

I noticed that it's early autumn. Does that mean you want me to play to the next spring? Or do you want me to play to the autumn of 1053?

Edit: As a note I miss the shift button jumping large amounts of screens.

1st of Limestone

Ezk1 has handed off control of the fortress to me for some reason. Really its because I am clearly the most capable and qualified leader here. The others dwarves laughed at me during miner's school for all the ancient history classes I took, but I knew they'd come in handy someday! I've got some big plans for this fort, but the other leader was a tyrant and gave us these tiny bedrooms. I think it's time to increase the size of our rooms and give all us working dwarves some more room.

First of all I took a look at the tunnels and I realized immediately that they were all constructed in the post 2000 era when bracing material was cheap and easy to produce. We will need to be constructing tunnels in a more reasonable manner. I'll be the first to implement this. I noticed the well actually has a channel dug to it as well. Who let these previous overlords rule? Did they take any ancient studies classes? So much work left to do I've gotta mine and stuff

4th of Limestone

I've met the leader of our military thus far. He seems like a good guy, but he cats and star sapphires. But he also expressed an interest in short swords. I promised him that I'd try to set the forges up by this winter, and if I found any obsidian I'd see to it that I craft his weapon.  In addition to liking cats I've noticed he has a thing for animals cause he has both a mule and a cow.

Mining has been slow work and the bridge has yet to be set up. I'm gonna order some blocks be constructed to get us across. I'll also need to order some safety bridges knowing how stupid the residents of this place are. Floods have been known to carry unwary dwarves downriver to their deaths.

6th of Limestone

Sensei has withdrawn from society! What madness shall ensue because of this? What masterpiece might he create? I hope we have the ore he desires because all the signs point to him forging a mighty weapon of legend!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:50:45 pm by ricemastah »

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 07:56:50 pm »

11th Limestone

I don't understand what Sensei wants, he requests no specific type of gem, and he's stopped gathering ore for his weapon even though we have plenty of malachite.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 10:53:46 pm »

27th Galena (Late Summer) 1052
One of the mooks went mad. It's just a mook, I tell myself... probably starved to death in the original timeline anyway... and i try to get over it. But he didn't just die, like the other ones. He's lost his mind, after too much of being locked in a room and pain of injury.

I know what I'm supposed to do... I should kill him. He deserves to be in a coffin, not... entombed in the walls of his own skin. But I can't raise my hand to do it. None of the other dwarves have either- maybe they don't realize the severity of condition. But I cannot bring myself to strike a dwarf!

...Armok forgive me. I lack something I need to do what must be done.

[There are tears on the page]

2nd Limestone (Early Autumn) 1052
Rice has taken the throne. Well, not that we have anything worthy of being called a throne- there are many throne-like objects in the dining room. Very throne-like.

Ezkh says he gave the position willingly, of his own initiative even, but I cannot help but wonder if Rice had to nudge him a little. Nonetheless, Rice is a competent miner, and I trust that under his command we shan't have any caving-in accidents.

I've been getting dreams, again, of slain comrades. I cannot stand the injustice that their souls have suffered. Maybe I'll talk to Falk, but all I've had the courage to do so far is talk to the bottom of my tankard, something I've been seeing more of lately than usual.

5th Limestone (Early Autumn) 1052
The dreams are getting worse. I'm lying in bed now, just trying to get over the headache from lack of sleep. I fear to go to bed now, for I might not again withstand their return. Images of Zan Urdimrakust come to mind... it is a pity he did not keep a journal and record his symptoms. After all, we were only ever to defeat the Carp Menace after Medtob Lolorkatten recorded every moment up to his death on waterproof parchment.

6th Limestone (Early Autumn) 1052
I have decided what I must do. No more failure in my duty to Armok will permit me to call myself worthy of the name Dwarf, much less a sane one, and much less a member of the Waspdye clan.

I have enough council from the voices in my own skull for this. For honor and wits, I must craft a weapon that will defend the dwarven race. It will be a tool of Armok, to guard Urist against evil, to purify Him of the deceptive, and most importantly, show sanctity to the mad.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2009, 03:31:52 am »

SO Rice you play till next spring, and THEN your turn will begin, you are playing now my turn^^

FEW things: in dining room there is to levers, left one is bridge next to trade depot. Or was it right one? well, other one is for floodgate near farms.
Make workshop space! you are lucky that you didnt see older fort^^
And that space under mason/carpenter/craftdwarf workshops, thats is storage space, or that is the way i planned. There you should put wood, stone, gems.

But I bet that you do better than I :P

ps. I had proplem whit road to depot, after all that "proplem" spam, i think i turn off engraving from every dwarf in fort, not sure ???

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2009, 03:46:42 am »

What weapon do you want to use? It's my goal to have the magma smelter and forge set up by the end of my term. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set of bronze armor and weapons forged as well

If sensei is making some sort of epic weapon for smiting things and he manages to make it without going insane then that please, if not then short swords are fine.

Oh and on the subject of sensei, he might want a different sort of gem, or possibly cut ones, what does it actually say on the window what he wants?

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 04:44:22 am »

I checked and I'm fairly certain he requested rough gems, and his profile says nothing about liking a particular gem so I figured he'd go for the first available gem, but I guess I ought to try cutting one or two and hopefully he grabs one of those. I'd be very sad if a named dwarf died on my turn.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 12:52:04 pm »

Just to confirm, the left lever controls the bridge. Also, roads might have to be five tiles wide, I'm not sure. Before resorting the that though, make sure there are NO unpaved segments between the depot and the edge of the map, and that any boulders in the way are smoothed, trees cut and then paved over, so on. Make use of the provided bride over the river.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14