Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22572 times)

Starvation

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FROG]
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 03:34:06 am »

Good lord this is awesome
[CREATURE:ELF]

[NOPAIN]
   [BLOODTYPE:B]
   [FIREBREATH]
   [DAMBLOCK:-30]

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 08:08:01 am »

cant... wait... ANYMORE!
GIVE MEH!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 05:28:18 pm »

The save is now here. It comes with the entire game, so you don't have to fret about downloading that if you haven't already.

2D is definitely more FUN, especially where food is involved. I'm slightly disappointed the site didn't turn out to have any absurd elephant or skelk or whatever population that seems to be a staple of good community games, but whatever.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:2)
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 08:51:04 pm »

Wait am I dead? I thought I read that you said I drowned... and yet you've posted a little thing of my ... girl. Yea I'm confused

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 09:13:52 pm »

Not Rice, Sone drowned. And yes, oops, it turns out you're a girl. Not that anyone can tell under that beard. I'll admit maybe my biggest mistake was overlooking the comedic implications. :)

Edit: I found I did mention Rice having drowned, but now it's fixed. You're still quite alive. In my defense, it was pretty late when I wrote that...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:16:11 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 10:47:05 pm »

I've been pondering, in 3D DF there are z-levels, which allows a sky to be far above your dwarves, but in 2D DF there are no z-levels, so, what? Is there no sky, or is the sky no farther away than the ceiling of a cavern?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 11:08:43 pm »

For game purposes a sky the height of the cavern roof. Remember you can build aqueducts, which dwarves walk under, so they've sort of abstracted height (similar deal with water). At any rate you're free to imagine tall rooms and whatnot.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 09:17:10 am »

Im sry if my english sucks, just try endure it.
----------------------------------------------------
I woke today for Sensei rushing in. He says that he has urgent things to do, and he is handing command over to me. I still half in sleep and dont get to say anything against it, becouse Sensei is as fast gone as he came in. "Why i have to take care of this place? I have better things to do anyway. May.. Wait! This is perfect chance to make my genius plans come true! MUhahahahaha... I mean.. we have much work to do!"

3rd Granite, 1052
Everything is starting smootHLYYY, ITīs WEREWOLF, HIDE! After someone takeout werewolf (dont know who) dwarfs get back to work(peasant got pretty hurted, i think he lost both legs, poor thing).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

13th Granite, 1052
Zan, Peasant, is now resting in hes bed, but i think he will not walk ever again. Onward to other business. WTF?? What was designer of workshops thinking?? I bet that dwarf who is responsible of this, was drunk and though that it would be funny to build all workshops in space of 1mx1m. That will be first thing fixed!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:23:47 am by Ezk1 »

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 09:19:00 am »

I like how he's obviously unhappy despite being unconscious.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 09:47:53 am »

5th Slate, 1052
Mined new workshop are for couple workshops. Soon you can walk to dining hall whitout fear that carpenter cuts your hand or mason crushes you toes. Also another proplem came. My predecessor didnt tell what lever do what.Great, like i didnt have rough morning allready. So i take risk and pulled. Luckily it wasent triggered to anything. Tried another and bridge fell. Good to know that. It was good that another lever wasent in use becouse i needed it for floodgate that wasīnt linked to any lever (or any that i know). Floodgate was blocking way to farming area so was good that proplem solved fast.

16th, Slate
Finally everything is starting to move along. We got farming started, works shops are up and.. for love of.. migrants. Just when i tough that this gona be good day, im ampushed by evil. Why me, why?

Ok we got another mason and 2 jeweler, 2 farmers, 3 peasants, carpenter, mechanic and 2 child. Well not so bad in our growing fortress. Our population is now 26.

3rd Felsite
Time flies, but no time for resting, there is much to do. New beds and doors are stedily coming for migrants, and first seed have been farmed atlast. Soon i can put my focus on my own projects...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:48:11 am by Ezk1 »

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 10:51:50 am »

7th Felsite,1052
Hmm what is that noise?
This cant be good...

11th Felsite, 1052
Farm area roof collapsed (and wasent MY fault). Sibrek Fisherdwarf avoided roof to river.

Oh no, so did Rando. Let Armok lead them to better place...

Luckily others are allright. And started build supports right away, in memory of lost companions!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mm, Rando, want me to name someone "Rando II"?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:11:57 am by Ezk1 »

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 02:48:48 pm »

Could I have a Rando Jrn. who left the mountainhomes in search of his father. Same trade (metalsmith), and if needed in the army, hammer. Preferably male, please.
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 08:12:15 pm »

11th Felsite, 1052
Ezkh managed to collapse the farms (I'm sure it wasn't MY fault). He must have dug out the support I left there. I can't say for sure, haven't gone to take a look at it since I hung up the job.

Sadly, that collapse killed my friend and apprentice, Rando. I've gotten over the grunts, they can burn in Armok's fire. But Rando... might need to be avenged. Not that harming Ezkh would do anything useful whatsoever, it might even turn out that the next leader is an even bigger clown.

I also wonder if I ought to have given him my journal to turn over. There's some private stuff in there, but... on the other hand, he DID spend a lot of time finding out that the lever I set up for the yet-unbuilt floodgates could be used for floodgates.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2009, 12:44:01 am »

Mmm, got to say that this have been pretty interesting so far: i get save, take pause off, 2 sec and im attacked by werewolf. Then i have gambling whit levers.
And no Sensei, it wasent support column what you had build, I expanded farm area little bit, but it seems i calculated wrong.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:18 am »

Don't worry guys I'm a total pro at the 2D version, I'll have us doing magma smelting before you know it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14