Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fall Of Reme: Game thread (PS GUYS IT IS 1503 ALREADY IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE!)  (Read 3714 times)

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Of Reme: Game thread
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 06:13:13 am »

Markus stared at the notice he had just been given. 'An arrest warrant? For me?'
'It's not a letter from your long-lost uncle, so I guess it has to be,' remarked the messenger, staring at him as though he was an idiot. Which, he realized, he was. Of course the duke would hear of their doings, and of course he would try to stop them. Frankly, he was amazed that it took him three years to even issue a warrant - though he supposed learning his name would be difficult, and his face even harder. Indeed, the warrant contained only a vague description, not a sketch. The messenger was still staring at him.

'All right. We'll have to be a bit more careful from now on. Tell everyone that I'll be leaving town for a while. And that I'm thankful to them for not turning me over to the duke. We'll lay low until the Empire goes to war. It has to happen eventually. If only we could help it along.' Within the hour, he had packed his few belongings and saddled his gelding Stare, named for his habit of looking straight at any human in the vicinity. He left quickly, not letting anyone see which direction he went in. The warrant had shaken him more than he let on.

During his ride, a thought occurred to him. Perhaps a deal could be struck with a neighbouring country. It would be difficult to even obtain an audience with another monarch, let alone convince one to start a war based on his promises, but it would get him out of Dithsmarsch, and perhaps interrupt the inevitable stagnation of the budding revolution.

Soon, he was settled. He would appoint someone to lead the DLF in his absence, and make his way to Gaulland, for an audience with Philip the Second.

MAJOR ACTION: Send Markus to Gaulland. While it's not as hostile to the HRE as he would like, it will be far too difficult to convince the Latinian city-states to go to war.

Minor actions: Continue to spread the Word. Recruit people into the Front proper. Try to be aware of the possibility of spies, however. Don't go overboard.

Gah, it's so short. Coming up with ideas is tricky.
Pages: 1 [2]