Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Catch and release!?!?  (Read 434 times)

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
Catch and release!?!?
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:31:12 am »

I have noticed that sieges slow down then stop if u wipe out all the local leaders of an nation.  :'( :'(

Will sieges continue if I lets say.
1: Lock the leaders in a cell,
2: Let them go.
3: keep them in a cage.

Art is a Blast

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Catch and release!?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:06:06 am »

My fortress managed to kill all of the important leaders of the nearby goblin civilization about 5 years into the fort, and after 30 years they keep on coming. Reportedly, sieges are based on wealth, so having a relatively static wealth would cause sieges to slow down or even stop.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catch and release!?!?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:55 am »

I had all the local leaders show up and ended up on the operational end of my swords.  Sieges kept comming.  I think this is because sieges, like immigrants, are added out of nowhere and aren't part of the civ's population. 
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.