Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What are you most proud of recently?  (Read 6176 times)

Scope

• Bay Watcher
  • tophats, oh tophats.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you most proud of recently?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 09:39:33 pm »

My entire immigrant wave just burned in a forest fire. One dwarf came running out of the smoke on fire towards my fortress and within the last second my bridge was swung up and I let the poor guy burn to a crisp outside.

Had a good laugh might i add. 

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 09:42:41 pm »

I'm proud of all of my dwarfs because they haven't been spending all their time partying and been getting their work done with little complaint.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 10:30:36 pm »

Finishing my 100-story megatower.

Technically, only 75 of the levels are above-ground, but the 25-level basement is pretty much a tower too.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 11:13:07 pm »

Finishing my 100-story megatower.

Technically, only 75 of the levels are above-ground, but the 25-level basement is pretty much a tower too.

You can't have 75 levels above ground...

Please explain.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 11:17:49 pm »

Please explain.

Not quite true; you can only have 15 z-levels above the highest bit of ground, but you don't have to start building at the highest bit of ground.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:20:22 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 11:25:49 pm »

My elven genocide project, in which I'm going to decorate a cinnabar quern with every single toxic metal I can, and exchange for their entire caravan one year.
And then wait for them to die.

Wait, does that actually WORK?! I mean, If YOU used it, would it poison your food supply?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:28 pm »

Please explain.

Not quite true; you can only have 15 z-levels above the highest bit of ground, but you don't have to start building at the highest bit of ground.

True, does this mean you had a map with at least 100 z-levels of play (85 underground)?  Then you collapsed the whole thing down to the 25th from the bottom z level?

Just post a map and I'm sure I'll understand.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 11:39:44 pm »

My elven genocide project, in which I'm going to decorate a cinnabar quern with every single toxic metal I can, and exchange for their entire caravan one year.
And then wait for them to die.

Wait, does that actually WORK?! I mean, If YOU used it, would it poison your food supply?

Sadly no, not yet anyway.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 12:01:38 am »

Surviving till the first Caravan, which couldn't get to me....how do I let them get access to me?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 12:04:01 am »

True, does this mean you had a map with at least 100 z-levels of play (85 underground)?  Then you collapsed the whole thing down to the 25th from the bottom z level?
No, the upper Z limit is figured from the highest surface tile and the lower Z limit from the lowest surface tile. So if you embark on the side of a steep mountain you get more Z levels to play with.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 12:08:11 am »

Surviving till the first Caravan, which couldn't get to me....how do I let them get access to me?
Do you have a Depot? Is it accessible? (Use 'D' to check.) Trees, boulders, rivers, ponds and cliffs can prevent access.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 03:23:55 am »

Proud moment: Going to trade with the Elves, I saw they have brought about 20 logs and just bins and bins of rope reed cloth.  I seized their logs and let them drag their useless cloth back home.  Usually I'm too kind and let them leave with some stone trinkets in exchange, but the page after page of ugly cloth just made me see red.  Especially since the total value of the caravan was pitiful compared to the 2 (two!) massively valuable roasts I had dragged in to trade.
I think I've become more dwarvenly now.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 05:23:05 am »

My entire map is "Not wagon accesable"...do I need roads?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 06:50:19 am »

Built my first waterfall/perpetual motion device. Now to do it again, but with magma.

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 07:29:12 am »

Please explain.

Just post a map and I'm sure I'll understand.

Normally I go for the max height maps.
They are about 70z above ground and -+15 below depending on the map layout. So a 100z does not sound strange at all.

If u don't understand try starting a map while using the height map checker. TAB while you select a site.
Art is a Blast
Pages: 1 [2] 3