Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with graphic tilesets  (Read 469 times)

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
Help with graphic tilesets
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:09:20 pm »

Okay, yes, I suck, but I can't get graphics working right. I'm trying to use Chariot's Full Graphics Set (v0.9) from the DFwiki. I did what it said, I turned on the graphics option in the init file, and I have no graphics. I was using the Dystopian Rhetoric EZ download pack, but then I found out it's something like v.38c. Little help?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with graphic tilesets
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »

In the init.txt file in your Data -> init folder, make sure that the following matches up correctly (starts just below [WINDOWED:PROMPT], and ends just below [GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]) . Granted, you may have different X-Y sizes for your window, but that doesn't particularly matter.

Code: [Select]
This is the size and font for windowed mode.  Changing to 800x600 and the 800x600 font might make you happier.

[WINDOWEDX:640]
[WINDOWEDY:300]
[FONT:YOUREXACTTILESETNAMEHERE.bmp]

Full screen info.  The 0s below mean that the game will choose a resolution for you, but you can set it yourself as well.

[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:YOUREXACTTILESETNAMEHERE.bmp]

If this is set to NO, tiles will be stretched to fit the screen if there is a resolution mismatch.
If this is set to YES, the tiles will not be stretched, but rather the game view will be centralized, surrounded by black space.  Tiles that are too large will always be compressed rather than running off the screen.

[BLACK_SPACE:YES]

Graphics info, most of it as above.  Set GRAPHICS to YES to turn it all on.  This will use the "raw/graphics" folder for tile information.  Currently this is limited to whatever creature graphics you have downloaded.  The game comes with a few pictures to demonstrate.  As of September 2008, the Dwarf Fortress Wiki has graphical tilesets available at http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/List_of_user_graphics_sets.

[GRAPHICS:NO]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:400]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:YOUREXACTTILESETNAMEHERE.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:YOUREXACTTILESETNAMEHERE.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:16 pm »

I don't think that's it, because the font set hasn't been changed. It's just not using anything in the graphics folder for some reason (which comes with 6 text files and 2 folders). Besides, you've just told me to turn graphics off, which is kind of the opposite of what I want.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:01 am »

Never mind, managed to figure things out. Thanks anyway.