Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Knights of Honor! (VERY pic heavy!)  (Read 10481 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Knights of Honor! (VERY pic heavy!)
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 01:04:09 am »

Its in Forum Games and Roleplaying, second page or so. But cause I'm nice, have a link.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 05:53:12 am »

Manifold, as the person who introduced this game to me, I hold you personally responsible for replacing the 20 or so hours of my life I've already put into it.

On the upside, Portugal is taking over the world!  Muahahaha!!

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 05:58:29 am »

I suggest getting friends with Ireland and Scotland, propsering and building up yer economy, and then stabbing England shitless with your friends whilst they are preoccupied with other countries.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 06:07:56 am »

Are you feeling any better yet, Manifold?  Get well soon if not!!!

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »

Manifold, as the person who introduced this game to me, I hold you personally responsible for replacing the 20 or so hours of my life I've already put into it.
... Woah. Cool. I'm responsible :3

I'm feeling a bit better, but I dont have my laptop here, which is what I have KoH on. I'll have it later tonight, though, so expect an update either tonight (in 10 hours or so) or tomorrow night. Sorry about all this dicking around. :<

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 06:54:00 pm »

Two words, naval power.

Try building up a sizable navy and if you can encourage growth of a merchant fleet. Once you have infrastructure for long term army buildup, take on an island in the Mediterranean somewhere.

With your new island and naval power, ride your merchants to an easy conquering of the British Isles. Once you have those, take Scandinavia and work your way south.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 07:32:15 pm »

In KoH there isnt really a navy. Your marshals board a ship from a coastal town within a friendly province, and then sail to wherever you want them to. Its also that hard to find a naval battle as well, since all the enemy marshals are on land.

With merchants, thats not quite how they work. You have a group of 'knights' in different professions who do things. You get marshals, merchants, spies, builders, landlords, priests, and something else Ive forgotten.

Marshals are the generals of the army, so they command troops and do fighting.
Merchants can be ordered to trade with a kingdom you have a trade agreement with, or govern a province. If theyre trading, there is no risk to them as a person, and you get from 10-50 gold from each route depending on merchant skill and the other kingdom's economy and power.
Spies can be used to infiltrate other kingdoms and do bad things. Or you can leave them at home to do counter-spy missions.
Builders, landlords and priests are useless, to me. :3

I can still take over a Mediterranean island, but its really hard to keep it, because I would have to leave a marshal there in case of invasion or rebels, and every marshal has a wage of 10 gold, which builds up once you have a few. I'd rather stay in the general area around Wales, first.

Hope that cleared things up.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 07:36:55 pm »

Sorry. Too ambitious?

And I guess DF has spoiled me in that I usually assume a certain level of detail/control in games. :P
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 07:46:09 pm »

Kinda the funny thing about KoH, if you intend to conquer the world you ave to be really careful where you pick you fronts.  Because for all the land you may control and all the people your kingdom may be comprised of, you'll still only have a maximum of nine marshals. And thus, nine armies.

So if you're going for the big leagues, make DAMN sure your people are happy.  Wouldn't want rebels floating around all over the place while your nine dudes are busy fighting in all the wars you're in.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 11:47:34 pm »

That's nine marshals IF you have no spies or merchants or priests.  And without a highly trained, trusted spy sitting around watching out for other countries' spies, any one of those marshals could easily turn out to be a spy and suddenly start an army revolt, causing every single one of your highly trained marshals to become rebels that you need to somehow deal with using a bunch of brand new, untrained marshals, who really don't have a chance against them anyway, and who are also likely to be enemy spies who will do it again.

I should know, I've done that to other countries countless times.

And priests are useful when you conquer a new province.  Once you've taken over the town's authority, send a priest there to govern and he can "adopt" the population, which stops rebels from cropping up everywhere.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 12:30:25 am »

first we really need to lose this static economy thing we have going on. we should try to leave all this vassal business behind as fast as we can because that's where the majority of our losses are coming from. are we still at war with Brittany? once we have a profitable economy and military built upwould it be possible to launch an attack against it?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 02:30:11 am »

We could try just declaring our independence.  Sometimes that goes off without any repercussions.  And if we end up in a war because of it, we can always try to declare a white peace - that works around 85% of the time.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 03:03:33 pm »

But if you declare white peace, then it just returns back to the "status quo" before the war was declared in the first place..meaning you still are independent, meaning it's not really the "status quo" at all.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 05:17:06 am »

Wait.

Is this vanilla KoH?

Patch 1.05?

Hmm...

I don't know much about the vanilla game. The mods spoiled me greatly.

Mods link: http://forums.blackseastudios.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I'd suggest you to play the MOD Hard Invasion Economic (Because we're all dwarves in inside. It's FUN)

Also, the Europa Barbarum (Rome mod) is also epic.

Holy rome Empire was a good one too...
Shame Laudan and Elvain do not want to make mods again...

Also, I think I'm going to attempt a LP of KoH here...
Just give me some time to fix my installation.
Pages: 1 [2]