Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's Play Knights of Honor! (VERY pic heavy!)  (Read 10482 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play Knights of Honor! (VERY pic heavy!)
« on: October 05, 2009, 06:58:43 pm »

Okay, since I had Krunk die in The Tale of Krunk, I've decided to do a LP of Knights of Honor. KoH is a medieval europe sim. You play as the king of a medieval nation, and try to become Emperor of Europe. No game is ever the same, and you can play any kingdom, except the Papacy States.

I'm going to be playing on Normal difficulty, in the High time period, cause that's how I roll.

Part I - Choosing a Kingdom

Righto people, choose a kingdom. Any one of these are available, except the Papacy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:26:01 pm by Manifold1 »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Knights of Honor!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:04:31 pm »

Scotland.

Lets beat th' bastards!
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:05:45 pm »

Wales. I don't see anyone ever play welshmen. And, y'know, we get longbows?

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:18:12 pm »

Denmark!
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 08:20:31 pm »

Bohemia, Scotland, Norway or potentially Wales.  I've found that the smaller countries get ignored early on and are allowed to build up their strength in peace.  Stay away from bigger spots.  Wales just seems a little too small, but I've never tried them, so whatever.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:23:36 pm »

Alrighty. Wales it is, because I play Scotland too much and theyre the only ones with 2 votes. Now to go and play a bit, so I have story.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:43 pm »

First order of business is to reinforce ties with the Scots, and see what can be done about the Irish.  We need to build up enough strength to push the English out of England forever!

After that, set up a lucrative trade with Scandinavia so that we have the necessary resources to start edging into the mainland.

And remember; an ally is more valuable than a vassal.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:44:56 pm »

And an ally is more valuable if you can blackmail them!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »

Part II - First Steps

Greetings M'lord. You, as king of Wales, are tasked with the expansion and dominance of the Kingdom of Wales. Your keep awaits, sire...

This is Cambria. So far its our only province, but thats sure to change. Now lets have a look at the general area...

We're at war with Brittany, and we have a trade agreement with Ireland. They both will change, too, but for the moment this trade agreement is the only thing making us a profit. We are England's vassal, and that isnt likely to change soon, because at the moment we are very weak. Later, however... :Evil Grin:

England is at war with Scotland, which isn't good because the Scots will hopefully be long term allies. At the moment, however, we have no relations with them.

Our treasury. As you can see, we're a bit poor. I have sent builders to the city to start construction of a granary and tax collector's office. Meanwhile, I have sent messangers to Brittany, with a request for white peace. No losses, no gains on either side.

Rejoice! The Papal States have offered us a trade agreement. I eagerly accept, and send merchants to Rome immediately.

Britanny has accepted white peace. Excellent!

Part III - Rebellion

A message has been recieved from an outlying settlement. A group of rebels, led by Geoffrey, are plundering towns and farms.

After a short and decisive battle, our marshal has decimated the rebels.

Meanwhile, the rest of Europe is changing...

England has declared war on Germany, and are taking provinces one by one. Scotland and England are also under an uneasy ceasefire.

So, advisors. What am I to do now?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Knights of Honor! (VERY pic heavy!)
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 09:36:07 pm »

Long-term strategy:
1:Pick up knife.
2:Take position behind England.
3:Insert knife.

So I guess the immediate objective is to build longbows and the economy required to do so.

Trade with Scotland?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 10:00:08 pm »

Wales is in a rather tricky position as far as England is concerned.  The Scottish, being located at one end of the landmass, have only one direction to worry about in terms of an English assault.  Ireland is protected by water, except for one little nub that can be easily overwhelmed.

Wales, on the other hand, would have to fend off potential attacks from nearly all sides, due to its location.  And with our rather limited economic standing, we can't easily support an army large enough to successfully take on our oppressors.

But with England serving as a cozy blanket against foreign attacks and our closest water-based foes in a truce, we face little risk as far as military attacks are concerned.

I recommend bolstering our economy as much as possible.  Simultaneously, keep up contact with the Irish and Scottish, making sure to enforce good relations with them.  When the time comes for a rebellion, we will need all three to move against England as one.

It's really just a matter of fixing up our economic issues quickly, with minimal military forces in the field serving only to discourage raiders and rebels.

Germany is almost certainly getting thrashed at the moment, so they'd be quite happy to hear a friendly voice.  Trade agreements can easily be procured from this direction, although whether you'd like to or not is up to you.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 01:12:39 am »

Let's get some longbows. And economy and stuff too, I guess.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 07:26:27 pm »

Okay. Bit of a problem, here. I seem to have come down with some kind of flu or something, so I probably wont be doing much of this, or anything really. :(

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 12:15:46 am »

Well, in that case, I daresay that someone else take up the mantle of KoH-player.  I don't personally own this fine gem, so I can't enjoy it on my own time.  I need someone else to play it for me, dammit!

Oh, and get well soon mate.  Flu is no fun.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 12:44:58 am »

Okay, since I had Krunk die in The Tale of Krunk, I've decided to do a LP of Knights of Honor.

Do you have the URL for The Tale of Krunk LP?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: [1] 2