Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Grave Robbing RTD - Turn 7: Phone Numbers  (Read 9077 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Grave Robbing RTD - Turn 7: Phone Numbers
« on: October 04, 2009, 09:48:24 pm »

Here is another RTD. All I ask when you make your first action is you give at least a one sentence description of your character.

Quote from: Rules
The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat.

Quote from: Setting
You stand before a small hill in the countryside. You remember you and your group leaving the town after hearing about the old king's tomb. A quick investigation led you here. One the outside, it just seems like the entrance to an abandoned mine. But you know its secrets. Inside lies all of the kings treasures. You stand a few feet from the road that leads from one town to another.
You only have your clothes, a shovel, and one object you decided to bring with you. (You choose what that object is.)

I want at least 5 to 7 people.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:17:05 am by Jack_Bread »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Grave Robbing RTD
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:47:31 pm »

Name: Robert 'The Spade'
An obsession with whacking things with lawn & garden tools,and playing poker has somehow brought this foul-breathed man here.

Additional object:Deck of playing cards.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 11:04:41 pm »

name: Evan.
a just started merc who hasent been able to get a job.
he brought his sword.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 11:58:15 pm »

Name: Urist McDwarfy
The local undertaker, he's half dwarf. Oddly, nobody is shocked by this fact. Maybe it's the beard?
He brought his own shovel. He's so dwarfy, he can duel wield them.

He just likes to dig.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:25:23 am »

Name: Arthendain
Having barely survived a wasting disease that set upon him at a young age, he has become a skilled medic. His immune system has also been kicked into overdrive, and he is resistant to disease. Lately he has taken up marksmanship practice.
Item: Crossbow
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:46:51 am »

Varsen stood at the edge of the road, eyeing his companions.  The fabled treasure had led him here, the latest in a long line of graves robbed and tombs defiled.  But this time, he had a new toy.  Varsen glanced down at the ancient tome he carried, which detailed the rituals for stealing the souls from the living, bringing the dead to life, and commanding the abominations.  He just hoped that it wasn't a ripoff.  That bookseller had been hard to kill...

Enter the tomb.

One sentence description: Varsen is a practiced graverobber, who has recently decided to dabble in necromancy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:49:10 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 01:08:25 am »

Name : Ryan
Some hopeless passerby with no monwy or nowhere to go. He is actually lucky that he has his trusty barrel of booze
Addiotinal item : Barrel of booze with a tag "Not for dwarfs"

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 01:09:56 am »

Waiting for one more.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 01:18:19 am »

Name: Sturgeon
A geeky character obsessed with anime and video games.
Additional item: Cell Phone.

Complain about the temperature, and grudgingly descend into the tomb.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 01:19:46 am »

Walk fearlessly into the tomb, and protect the booze against the dwarf

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 01:35:28 am »

Run into the tomb full speed.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 02:06:13 am »

enter the tomb with sword ready

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 09:19:34 am »

Enter the tomb, staying behind everyone else.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:00 am »

Go into tomb and filch a shovel off of Urist.

Duel wielding shovels was MY idea!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Grave Robbing RTD - Turn 1: THE ARROWS!!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 01:08:14 pm »

Enter the tomb.
You descend into the tomb. (1) As you take your first step in you feel the floor shift beneath you. Suddenly, arrows start flying out of the wall on either side of the entrance! (6) You begin to dodge each and every one of the arrows with super speed. This causes physics to cry. Your atoms shift, causing you to have horrible balance.

Complain about the temperature, and grudgingly descend into the tomb.
(4) You begin to complain. After everyone seems thoroughly annoyed, you begin to walk into the tomb. (4) You notice Varsen dodging arrows and you think it's a good idea to stop.

Walk fearlessly into the tomb, and protect the booze against the dwarf
You begin your walk into the tomb, holding your booze barrel. You happen to step into the tomb at the same time as Varsen. (3) You quickly dive forward and begin to tumble down an incline. (3) It sorta hurts and you stop at an area where the passage stops. Looking up, you can see a silhouette moving unusually fast.

Run into the tomb full speed.
You begin running as fast as you can into the tomb! (6) You end up running too fast as you end up slamming into the wall at the end of the passage.

enter the tomb with sword ready
You ready your sword and begin to walk into the dungeon. You hear arrows being fired right as you enter. (6) You begin to deflect every one of them that comes at you with your sword. The arrows fly and are about to hit everyone of your teammates.
Roll to dodge! (Robert: 1) (Urist: AUTO-FAIL) (Arthendain: 5) (Varsen: 5) (Ryan: 1) (Sturgeon: 4)
An arrow flies toward Robert! He attempts to dodge but ends up making the arrow hit his lung rather than his arm!
An arrow strikes Urist right in the back.
Arthendain successfully blocks the arrow with the crossbow. The arrow does little to no damage to the crossbow.
The arrow goes straight through Varsen's currently blurred form.
Ryan dodges the arrow, but it suddenly turns! It impales his back through the booze barrel.
Sturgeon sees something shiny and as he goes to pick it up. He now has a SHINY GOLD COIN! The arrow completely misses him.

Enter the tomb, staying behind everyone else.
You wait for everyone to go inside. (3) You sigh and wonder how long this is going to take.

Go into tomb and filch a shovel off of Urist.
You run after Urist wanting to steal his shovel. (3) You run past the arrows and (5)manage to control your speed down the incline. You see Urist stuck to the wall and begin to take his shovel. (5) You take it!

STATUSES

Spoiler: SHAD0Wdump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: stonemt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mr.Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RandomNumberGenerator (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jetsquirrel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Apostolic Nihilist (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6