Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Neverdaunt 8bit  (Read 5981 times)

justgoaway4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Neverdaunt 8bit
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:33:02 pm »

http://8bit.neverdaunt.com/

Neverdaunt 8bit (or N8 for short), is an amazing sandbox/combat/whatever game. I don't even know how to define it myself. It's in beta, however, and as of now they cannot afford a dedicated server, so it's a bit laggy.

How does the game work, you might ask?

Well, after spawning and getting through with the minitutorial, you appear in a big castle.

There are shrines spread out across the world. It is your goal to capture one or more, defend them, gain tokens, and so forth. When a shrine is spawned, it is in build mode for 30 minutes, allowing you to build defenses, ect. Then it goes into static mode for 5 minutes, allowing other players to attack it. After static is over, the cycle repeats.

This is a shrine. To capture one, you walk on the wooden spot in the middle, pull out your weapon, and slash profusely at it until it gives way and becomes yours. Note that it must be in static to capture it. If there are walls around it, pull out a bomb and destroy the defenses. Bombs can be found in vending machines (lol?) and can be bought for ten tokens.

Now what?

Well, you have two choices.

First off, you can build. You can build for one of two reasons, defense or just for the sake of building something.

You can build anything, whether it is a ferris, a stronghold, whatever your heart desires!

Until, of course, those thirty minutes are up. Then the shrine goes into static for five minutes, and you must defend it.

Now, after you are done fortifying your shrine, you can go into the shrine and set it to go into static mode for however much time you would like.

Now, you may be thinking, "why would I put my shrine in static?".

Every ten minutes the shrine is in static, you get a token. You can buy powerups and weapons with tokens, varying from superjump, tag, or even bombs.

Keep in mind this game is in early beta. There will be many, many new features to come. The game was released a week or two ago, and it's awesome. There are more tutorials and videos of the game on the site, visit it and see.

Here are some more images I took.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope I see you there!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:56:40 pm by justgoaway4 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Neverdaunt 8bit
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:36:58 pm »

I was about to say "Hey aren't you that guy from the SS13 thread that got banned?" But that looks awesome.  I'll check it out after I finish reaping the spoils of my secret victory that no one's allowed to know about because no one knows it was me.
Shoes...

justgoaway4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 07:43:36 pm »

Yes, I am. But I was unbanned, apparently.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »

You mean you made your third new account.

Game does indeed look awesome though.

justgoaway4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:51:32 pm »

Yeah, pretty much.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »

How many people are on at a given time on average?
Shoes...

justgoaway4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 07:57:36 pm »

Usually around four. This is why I want to get more players for this game.

Right now I am in the server and there is 7. But the world is relatively small, and it will expand as the player population expands.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:00:24 pm by justgoaway4 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:06 pm »

Can you form teams and control shrines together?  If so, Bay12 Team.  With 4 players on average, we will rule this world.
Shoes...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:27 pm »

Although it looks interesting, I must wonder how much of the ToS is standard legal text and how much is going to be applied.

11. Charges for Service. RobotLovesKitty charges a subscription fee for the use of N8 The current pricing may be found on the N8 website . You may be eligible to play for free during a Free Trial or Beta test period.

19. Amendment. RobotLovesKitty may amend the Terms in its sole discretion at any time by posting revised Terms on the Site, and you agree to regularly review the Terms.

I would be quite disapointed if those mean what I think they do.
Eh?
Eh!

justgoaway4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 08:09:31 pm »

Can you form teams and control shrines together?  If so, Bay12 Team.  With 4 players on average, we will rule this world.

Yes, you can!

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 08:20:00 pm »

Although it looks interesting, I must wonder how much of the ToS is standard legal text and how much is going to be applied.

11. Charges for Service. RobotLovesKitty charges a subscription fee for the use of N8 The current pricing may be found on the N8 website . You may be eligible to play for free during a Free Trial or Beta test period.

19. Amendment. RobotLovesKitty may amend the Terms in its sole discretion at any time by posting revised Terms on the Site, and you agree to regularly review the Terms.

I would be quite disapointed if those mean what I think they do.

#19 does seem like it has possibility to be extremely fishy.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 08:24:02 pm »

I can't login.  It keeps saying login fail, but I'm entering my info correctly.
Shoes...

justgoaway4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 08:34:50 pm »

Make a new account and try again. You probably screwed up your password.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 08:37:25 pm »

I've seen that before in many other places, including Facebook. It's standard text (though I hesitate to call it 'legal'), even if it has the potential to be so horribly abused.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 08:39:44 pm »

Make a new account and try again. You probably screwed up your password.

I've made three accounts, making sure I typed the right password.  Still doesn't work.
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3