Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18521 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Josh is in College
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2009, 05:30:43 pm »

Why? From a short term stand point, there is no point, go ahead and make money. From a long term stand point: I think diversity is being damaged, expectations are being stagnated, creativity is being misused, and that gaming culture is suffering as a whole when the sequal-steria mindset is fed for short term gain.

Also, back home guys! 11 days before I go back though.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2009, 11:10:52 pm »

Why? From a short term stand point, there is no point, go ahead and make money. From a long term stand point: I think diversity is being damaged, expectations are being stagnated, creativity is being misused, and that gaming culture is suffering as a whole when the sequal-steria mindset is fed for short term gain.

Probably; still doesn't change the fact that you just bought your fourteenth yacht.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2009, 11:16:43 am »

Probably; still doesn't change the fact that you just bought your fourteenth yacht.
can I have a yacht?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2009, 06:37:30 pm »

I didn't even know you were making a Yahtzee reference until I did my catch-up binge on his videos just earlier.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 20, 2009, 06:38:07 pm »

I didn't even know you were making a Yahtzee reference until I did my catch-up binge on his videos just earlier.

:P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2009, 07:18:14 pm »

But serious, don't you think it's irresponsible and careless for those that have the most power to not use it to try and better the community and culture that it's built on? Making a profit is an understandable pursuit, but what I'm saying is that this is a lack of foresight, which will eventually lead to trouble for everyone involved and it's going to be the community that pays for it the most.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2009, 07:35:41 pm »

But serious, don't you think it's irresponsible and careless for those that have the most power to not use it to try and better the community and culture that it's built on? Making a profit is an understandable pursuit, but what I'm saying is that this is a lack of foresight, which will eventually lead to trouble for everyone involved and it's going to be the community that pays for it the most.

Maybe; if i thought that the rest of the world was like me, i'd be happy to try and better the community.

Unfortunately; i know better. The community is made up primarily of idiots, and most people are concerned only for personal gain. Attempting to better the community via that path is a waste of my time and resources.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2009, 07:40:29 pm »

Thus you accept the standard and become what you hate.

Nice going.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2009, 07:59:06 pm »

I don't hate it, i dislike it sure, but i know that if i want original games, i'll go looking on the Indy scene.

Assuming i end up with a job in a major games company, i fully expect the majority of my work will be fairly standard sequel stuff. I'll certainly do my best to create different and original titles when i can, but i'm not so foolish as to expect that everything i do will be original; i need to make a living off this after all.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2009, 08:17:39 pm »

Well, I don't want to derail my own thread, so I'll make a new one to celebrate this discussion.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2009, 02:14:15 am »

Since this is like my personal "Tell everyone about Josh and Josh-related accessories" thread, I might as well tell you guys that I'm having an awesome time eating with my aunts and uncles, shooting pool, and sleeping over at my aunt's for the night.

Got an absolutely AWESOME watch as a present, which my uncle claims to be worth several hundred dollars.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:26:11 am by chaoticjosh »

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2009, 02:25:05 am »

several (HUNDRED?) dollars.

Is this what you mean?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Josh is in College, but at home right now.
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2009, 02:26:41 am »

Yes, that's what I meant. It's all gold and the hands glide.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2009, 02:34:44 am »

Wow, very nice. Just think, that could wind up to be a family heirloom eventually (if you plan on having a family.)

Right now, I have a Washburn acoustic guitar that used to be my mom's, meaning that it's about 22 years old. Even though it's in perfect condition, it's probably not worth much, but that will probably change once I pass it on to my kids in 20 years or so.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2009, 02:40:14 am »

It's a nice watch, but I think it's a little slow, since I have to turn the hands forward by about 10 minutes every 5 hours or so in order to keep it accurate.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27