Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18581 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Josh is in College
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2009, 03:24:49 pm »

No. If you're going to take over a cult, take over the Jedi Church.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2009, 04:20:52 pm »

I had class anyway, or I would've taken over the cult.  If you take their boxes they're powerless.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2009, 12:15:00 pm »

I watched like half of schindler's list, which was playing in the library. Make's me cry.

Also, I'm worried because I'm sort of sick, and I slept in to try to get myself better, and now I'm worried that my internal clock might be messed up (very easy to do) and that I might oversleep in the future and miss class. I've given my roommate instructions to wake me up if I it looks like I will, so I hope that helps.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2009, 12:36:57 pm »

How trustworthy is your roommate when it comes to schedules and memorizing affairs?

And investing in a good alarm would do wonders, particularly a cell phone with an amazing alarm.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2009, 12:59:48 pm »

Seriously, just put your cellphone on vibrate inside your pillowcase with your alarm on. Don't have sound, because that wakes up other people and they will RAAAAAAEEEEG all over you.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2009, 02:49:49 pm »

Everyone's getting up at basically the same time anyway, so a noisy alarm isn't that bad by itself.

Also, you guys should know that I'm a VERY heavy sleeper. A blaring alarm has failed to wake me up for hours at a time... repeatedly. It's not my fault, it's like my ears just get used to the repetitive beeping, and it works it's way into my dreams.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2009, 03:07:27 pm »

A cell phone on vibrate might do the trick, then, since it's not sound but an actual feeling near your head. Couldn't hurt to try it, anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2009, 03:22:09 pm »

You could set up a water trap to go off at the scheduled time.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2009, 03:27:41 pm »

Everyone's getting up at basically the same time anyway, so a noisy alarm isn't that bad by itself.

Also, you guys should know that I'm a VERY heavy sleeper. A blaring alarm has failed to wake me up for hours at a time... repeatedly. It's not my fault, it's like my ears just get used to the repetitive beeping, and it works it's way into my dreams.

Are you a coffee drinker?  You could get one of those timed coffee makers, maybe the smell would do what sound can't.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2009, 04:21:11 pm »

I feel your pain. Even this alarm I have that wakes the dead can't wake me sometimes.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2009, 08:25:59 pm »

Update: As it just so turns out, I'm pretty good at Wii sports, despite only having insignificant experience with Wii's in general. I'm especially good at Wii bowling, a pretty popular game it would seem. True story: second game I've ever played, I got EIGHT strikes in a row, and my opponents QUITS and neglects me the right to have my score recorded. LAME!

Also, fairly good at wii baseball. Baseball is fun, until we figured out we can throw splitters down at the plate, then it became a game of "Is he gonna throw it at the plate or not?" which is stupendously difficult because it's very hard to judge proper speed or distance on the screen. When the ball is at the plate, it could very well look like it's still in your hitting box.

Are you a coffee drinker?  You could get one of those timed coffee makers, maybe the smell would do what sound can't.

I can BECOME a coffee drinker. Although, not having a car, and the college itself being in the middle of nowhere, I'll have to try to get a ride to a walmart or something. (I feel guilty about buying from them though).

Also, I'm also a very restless sleeper, and a little vibrating cellphone may very well be NOT by my head when the time comess that I need to wake up.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2009, 08:52:02 pm »

Not to mention placing it in your pillow is a bad idea. Either it is on top and is uncomfortable, is on the bottom and is completely muffled out, or on the side and have the same problem.
 Unless you are a back-sleeper and have a very firm pillow.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »

This man is your salvation. Design a device that will, everyday, at an exact time, waterboard you til you arise.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2009, 03:21:49 pm »

I can BECOME a coffee drinker. Although, not having a car, and the college itself being in the middle of nowhere, I'll have to try to get a ride to a walmart or something. (I feel guilty about buying from them though).

Does it make it better that they refused to decorate a cake for Adolf Hitler? [/inside_joke]
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2009, 05:00:07 pm »

I thought it was a family restaurant that refused, and Walmart accepted?

Anyway, I went to Walmart today (for shame Josh!) and bought some more sleeping pills, so now I can just use them to get to sleep earlier. I think I mentioned in a different thread how much trouble I have with sleep and how much I rely on sleeping pills. I really should have brought some initially, but I was seeing if I could do without.

This man is your salvation. Design a device that will, everyday, at an exact time, waterboard you til you arise.

Fresh water is really hard to get in my room though... there's only one sink in the entire building that doles out filtered water. There is also the water fountains, but they don't give out water fast enough. Every other sink gives out rusty water that is yellow and nasty.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27