Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18568 times)

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Josh is in College
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 07:35:31 pm »

archery is a good skill to learn,you should take the actual course if they offer it to you. i have been meaning to get into the old style archery with the old longbow's,but i just don't have the space where i am.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:08 pm »

I'm staying in a Dorm with a roommate. He's nice, his name is Josh too.

Ha, no way! My name's Josh too!
There have got to be a million people with my name who live in my city, and I've probably met most of them. It's a badass name.

Oh, what are you studying by the way? And where are you going?
DON'T FORGET TO EMBARK WITH AN IRON ANVIL
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 08:11:40 pm »

Screw the anvil, trade it for more food and lumber.  Trust me, you'll need it where you're going.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 08:13:10 pm »

Making metal items would be too costly right now.  Best to stay with food and wood.  That way you can get a anvil later when you need it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 08:14:38 pm »

I wish I could take archery at a college... I would do so awesome, Milly says I have to be part Elf or something. XD
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2009, 12:05:37 am »

Are you Josh 1 or Josh 2? That kind of thing is very important. Make sure you are Josh 1.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and your college provides access to one of those new-fangled computation laboratories.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09:24 am »

I just tried out the archery range, and apparently I have really good form! I went from "haven't fired a bow in his life" to "Can hit the target 4 out of 5 times" within about 20 minutes.
That's not fair.  You've seen plenty of dwarves and elves do it.  You have some experience.
What's unfortunate is that the college itself is placed in a remote sections of the woods, and I don't own a car, so I have to sign up to be driven over to the nearby town if I want to buy anything not in the college's shop.
Unfortunate?  That's so cool, man!  You're at hogwarts!  XD
Or get a bike (although with it coming into winter, maybe that's not such a good idea.)
Cold is in your mind.  Get a bike.  Definetly. 

Are you Josh 1 or Josh 2? That kind of thing is very important. Make sure you are Josh 1.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and your college provides access to one of those new-fangled computation laboratories.
They will end up calling each other "dude" anyway... XD

Josh... Keep enjoying your life!  See ya!
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2009, 07:05:52 pm »

The cold is not in my mind, it is outside trying to freeze me to death.

I just lost a poker tournament. There was no money involved, but it still bummed me out.

I mean serious, I was SO DUMB! I haven't played in forever, but there's no excuse for how into I was some months ago.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:07:24 pm by chaoticjosh »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 09:02:15 pm »

Have a good time in college Josh, it's nice to see you're adapting so well. Well, besides poker tournaments.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2009, 06:45:50 pm »

I felt a little better after discovering I'm actually quite good at table tennis, but I overexerted myself alittle. Skip to today, and now my legs are really sore and I feel sick.

I also broke down crying after finding out that, after discovering that I missed a class, on the schedule they gave me, the word "leisure" DIDN'T mean that I was allowed to take a break, but too point me to a class where they teach me how to use my actual leisure time effectively...

I'm serious, I broke down crying. Why? Because there's some seriously harsh punishments for absences. If I'm tardy for 3 classes, regardless of how long I've been a good student or how hard I've worked or how far apart the tardies themselves are, if I have 3 then they'll kick me out. That would make my FIRST one in my second day. I don't want to go back home and not be in college, that would suck. Home sucks HARD in comparison to college.

I hope they understand that I didn't understand the schedule and negate the tardy from record, because I feel SO dumb.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2009, 06:49:18 pm »

Wow, that's harsh. Never had a class that was even close to being that strict.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2009, 06:49:57 pm »

Oh man, that sucks.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2009, 06:53:24 pm »

If I'm tardy for 3 classes, regardless of how long I've been a good student or how hard I've worked or how far apart the tardies themselves are, if I have 3 then they'll kick me out.

Wait, what?  I've known plenty of professors who take attendance, but... that's nuts.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2009, 06:54:29 pm »

I must channel the WorkerDrone of old to express how I feel about classes like that.

RAEEEGGGGGGGG
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2009, 06:56:55 pm »

Jesus. That's insane. I mean, that is really, really nuts.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27