Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18540 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I might be disappearing on the 18th
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 02:25:29 pm »

Aw, this makes me sad. Both the you disappearing part and the you beating yourself up part.

This may sound trite, but if you hate your self image, college can be an opportunity to reinvent yourself. Practice spontaneity, meet people, never pass up an adventure, and don't allow yourself a single free moment to brood. It's cliche'd advice, but as a fellow brooder, I can assure you it's true.

And, although it's uncharacteristically optimistic for me to say, it's never your only chance. Life is infinitely more broad than any one perspective can afford.

Be sure to keep us updated on your college adventures. Schools are pretty good about having available computers.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »

Joooooosh I hope you have an amazing time at college. Don't be miserable, we all think you're awesome!

Say it with me: JOSH IS AWESOME. And if you're as awesome in person as you are on the interwebs you won't have any trouble making friends.

also i am not a government agent... ;)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 12:05:32 am »

Thanks Kinny and Vester, this WILL probably be a good opportunity to 'remake' myself into the better person I want to be.

I hope my depression-induced insomnia doesn't bother me a whole lot.

You know, it's an aspiration of mine to become an author. If I ever do get published, I always thought it would be really cool to buy a whole lot of my books, and just give them away to people, just because I would want people to read the things I wrote. I just have to get better at writing and not being lazy.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 06:23:49 am »

Thanks Kinny and Vester, this WILL probably be a good opportunity to 'remake' myself into the better person I want to be.
Nothing can entirely change from one day to another... Small steps.
I hope my depression-induced insomnia doesn't bother me a whole lot.
Dude... stop complaining/self-pitying/whatever... If you want to find a problem you WILL find it.  If a problem arises, you'll deal with it in due time.

You are the observant and the world around you will be any color you want it to be.  It can be a dark and ugly place if you want it to be...

And that's the end Of Alexhans new release "It's up to you, honeybunny"  :P

Oh! Last but not least:  There's NO such thing as failure.  Never allow yourself to believe that.  There's only learning from experience.

If any of this sounds cheesy it's probably because it has been said but not followed by many people.  Once you follow it.  It sounds entirely different.

See ya.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 10:25:56 am »

Here is a thought that might help you with your remaking of yourself: Everyone here likes you. Don't just dismiss that as your 'online persona'. If you can be likable and make friends here you can do it in the real world. You just have to figure out how to translate what works here to something that works out there.

But don't forget, you've already proven you can make friends. So never let your doubts fool you into thinking you can't make friends out there.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 10:55:52 am »

Spoiler: "But" (click to show/hide)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 11:01:03 am »

Ooops, sort of dismissed this as an ISP problem... sorry josh, whenever I wasn't busy lately I was apathetic. Just letting you know that I've picked up epyc in a new thread, and that it won't die in the time you'll be away from us.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 12:15:25 pm »

So long as you remember not to talk out loud about DF, you should be fine. You are a good person like that. Do remember also to brush your teeth twice a day inbetween all the lectures and mortal paper cuts.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 08:43:54 am »

So I'm going tomorrow. I managed to get my sleeping schedule right via a last minute sleep deprivation session.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 08:46:11 am »

I'll be missing you Josh. Hope you luck at the dorms.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 09:02:50 am »

Good luck Josh! We'll miss you while you're gone if you can't connect from there!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 09:06:21 am »

Thank you very much Duke and Sofia. My head feels a little spinny right now, so I hope I can get my act together when I finally get there.

By spinny, I just mean it feels like I'm not thinking normally. Probably just a little nervous.

I'll definitely try to connect from there if I can, and post to let you know I'm alright.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 11:01:39 pm »

I'm going to bed now, and when I wake up, this'll be my last breakfast at home before I go to the bus at 10 A.M. and go to college.

I'll be away from home for a month, and I'm worried I haven't packed enough. I'm pretty sure I'm well-prepared, I have the fan and headphones recommended earlier, but can anyone offer any last minute insight as to what I can stuff into the little amount of space I have left in my luggage?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 12:04:15 am »

Good luck Josh! We'll miss you while you're gone if you can't connect from there!

This.

I will not miss you at all.

I will choose to view this as bold allegory - while good posters come and go, pointless, half-hearted trolling never dies.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 05:10:57 am »

I'll miss you and Pablo, Josh. By the way, how is he?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27