Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18526 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:33:51 pm »

This first post is just a joke, the actual blog begins a few pages in.

Just thought I'd let everyone know ahead of time that I might be disappearing for a little while on the 18th. I will be thoroughly disconnected from my computer, and I don't know how quickly I'll be able to get ahold of another.

Now, I can't go into the details as to WHY I'll be disappearing, because government agents might be viewing this forum (I think Vester might be one ssshhhh) and it's important that no authority figure know of my movement.

I definitely won't abandon you guys, but I want to give you ample warning.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:45:16 pm by JoshuaFH »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: I might be disappearing on the 18th
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:43:37 pm »

Jokes on you now josh. I'm the goverment agent, and your ass is mine now. I suggest you stay put while they collect you, those snipers outside of your house are rather jumpy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:48:45 pm »

Gah! Good thing I dug those underground tunnels that head to Toronto, Salt Lake City, and someplace in Vermont.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 06:49:37 pm »

Bah, I've shaken off those government agents plenty of times.  They're just as lazy as you or I.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:07:01 pm »

Come here to Australia! We have welfare. WEEELFARE!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 07:09:27 pm »

Bah, I've shaken off those government agents plenty of times.  They're just as lazy as you or I.
Tell me about it.  My dad's one of them.  Sort of.  Never been field man, though.  I think.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 07:38:57 pm »

So's my mother, but she is a welfare officer. Please don't the children. Or else.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:33:57 pm »

Now, I can't go into the details as to WHY I'll be disappearing, because government agents might be viewing this forum (I think Vester might be one ssshhhh) and it's important that no authority figure know of my movement.

There's no need to do that. When they come to the door, lock them in a room with a single lever and get them to pull it. All nobles, worthless scum, the man, government agents can be dealt with, through the lessons of Dwarf Fortress.

On the other hand having a 15 z-level fort, exporting precious metals and importing masses of wood, which streams forth lava from hidden exits at the drop of a hat maybe be a bit conspicuous.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:30:27 am by Mr Tk »
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:37:47 pm »

Don't see what is odd about that. On the other hand, extending 16 z-levels above the local peak IS suspicious. They likely altered the local peak, and so the government MUST deal with it.
Eh?
Eh!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 06:39:04 pm »

In all seriousness though, I'm going to college on the 18th, and I don't know how much I'll be able to talk to you guys while there, since I can't lug my big ol' PC there with me, and the local computers might be off-limits AFAIK.

To the various people that enjoy my company, I'm really sorry.

For my mafia-playing friends, Bay12 Mafia and Paranormal 10 might be the last mafias I play here. In the scenario that either of those haven't resolved by the 18th, I'll be asking that I be replaced.

To the players of EPYC: second generation, Chaoticag, if you're still up for it, I'll relinquish control of it to you right now if you want. Feel free to change it to fit how you want to run it.

I feel so pathetic lately. My past experiences have shown that I'm terrible at making friends, worse at attacting women, easily depressed, out of shape, a heavy sleeper, bad with money, easily panicked, an atrocious planner, poorly organized, messy, overly quiet and introspective, obstinately solitary, prone to hypochondria, physically weak, intolerant of pain, explosively angry, deeply bothered by personal issues, horrifyingly lonely, and generally only good at APPEARING competent while not actually being competent at anything at all.

This is my only chance though, so I just got to forget about all that and try my best. No pressure Josh, none at all.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 06:44:16 pm »

Where are you going to college? Most colleges that I know of have computer labs, and while your time there might be a bit restricted you can usually check e-mail, post on forums, and the like. You should also have plenty of room for a desk-top PC in your dorm room. I know when I was in college the dorm rooms were pretty small, but it was still easy to find space for something as useful as a PC.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 06:53:47 pm »

Didn't you give this warning a year ago?

And yeah, we really don't see those things on ya Josh. And some of us are very good at looking through people. Your just beating yourself up. We will miss you if the situation becomes crap with you, and await your return if it ever comes.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 02:36:39 pm »

I feel so pathetic lately. My past experiences have shown that I'm terrible at making friends, worse at attacting women, easily depressed, out of shape, a heavy sleeper, bad with money, easily panicked, an atrocious planner, poorly organized, messy, overly quiet and introspective, obstinately solitary, prone to hypochondria, physically weak, intolerant of pain, explosively angry, deeply bothered by personal issues, horrifyingly lonely, and generally only good at APPEARING competent while not actually being competent at anything at all.

Just seeing the size of that list convinces me that you are either making that stuff up or just have a bit of self-confidence/self-worth issues. Really, people who DO have so many problems are the LAST ones to admit it normally. Also, you just repeat like 2 or 3 problems over and over again in the paragraph while rephrasing them. Just be a bit more confident in yourself, and don't mind what other people think of you. You are bound to make some acquaintances, even friends, if you just dont act so "I stink no one likes me", and meh, college isnt exactly the place to look for women, go to a bar instead :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 02:48:33 pm »

I don't know who you are Poltifar, but I should let you know that's not the full list. So yeah.

Also, pessimistic, but you've probably collected that already.

Didn't you give this warning a year ago?

And yeah, we really don't see those things on ya Josh. And some of us are very good at looking through people. Your just beating yourself up. We will miss you if the situation becomes crap with you, and await your return if it ever comes.

I'm surprised anyone remembered that warning. I'll be sure to visit when I can, thanks for the encouragement.

Where are you going to college? Most colleges that I know of have computer labs, and while your time there might be a bit restricted you can usually check e-mail, post on forums, and the like. You should also have plenty of room for a desk-top PC in your dorm room. I know when I was in college the dorm rooms were pretty small, but it was still easy to find space for something as useful as a PC.

I think they do have a computer lab, but if you knew me, you'd know I'm very hermetic. I've been using the internet as a substitute for real human interaction. My reclusive lifestyle has done me alot of harm, I think, and I'm really glad I'll be trying to change that soon.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 03:18:15 pm »

Josh... piece of advice...

Do.

Doesn't matter what.  But do it.

Don't hang around thinking/complaining/self-pitying/etc

Inaction leads to nothing.

Action leads to something.

Something can be good or bad or whatever.  But you'll probably do something else about it, etc, etc.

Do.  Live.

well... I'm gonna follow my own advice...  See ya.

EDIT: Good Luck with college!!!  ;)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27