Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18535 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Josh, half-man/half-blog, is in College
« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:45 pm »

e: nm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:54:36 pm by Footkerchief »

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2010, 03:10:18 pm »

Blocks on computer is tantamount to censorship! And censorship is on level with genocide in the suffering and destruction it causes to the benefit of mankind...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 28, 2010, 03:27:20 pm »

Tvtropes isn't blocked at my school.

Surprising, but awesome.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2010, 08:27:54 pm »

Surprising, but awesome.

My campus blocks nothing. But I live in liberalville.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2010, 08:33:54 pm »

Surprising, but awesome.

Mine to.

I get absolutely nothing done in enriched math.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog
« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »

Alright, so I've started to pick up an exercise routine, because if anyone of your ever saw me in real life you'd note that I look very out of shape, and so I started today with a couple laps in the local heated pool I must have mentioned somewhere.

Anyway, my normal style is to take it easy and swim about normally, but this time I was trying to do laps nonstop...  and I must have forgotten how swimming feels, because the pool kicked my ass the entire time. I'm exhausted.

The way I have my schedule set up, I have 10 minutes of jogging tomorrow, and 10 minutes of cycling the day after. Afterwards on Friday and Sunday, I have a whole bunch "3 sets of 10 something-or-other" with a whole list of things that I need to do.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2010, 10:30:51 pm »

Good.  Now the hardest part.  Make sure you make time for it and be consistent.

There's nothing better than a good night sleep after feeling exhausted but satisfied after a good run/training session/whatever

PS: Mind the shoes.  Don't run without good gear or you'll be sorry in the future (specifically your knees and back).
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:55 pm »

Do you listen to music while you work out?

It makes a world of difference to me.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2010, 10:37:57 pm »

Having spent about nine years of my life doing competitive swimming, I can say that swimming is excellent exercise. You start getting muscles in the weirdest of places, though, so your body will look like a deformed superhero if you keep at it. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's a good or bad thing.

If you're doing lifting, don't hurt yourself. I've seen guys try to show off to see who can lift/bench more, and then sprain a muscle in a surge of testosterone. It's good to establish a threshold for yourself and not exceed that threshold.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 09, 2010, 10:38:56 pm »

If you're doing lifting, don't hurt yourself. I've seen guys try to show off to see who can lift/bench more, and then sprain a muscle in a surge of testosterone. It's good to establish a threshold for yourself and not exceed that threshold.
But dont forget no pain no gain.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2010, 11:07:51 pm »

Yes, but going way too far and injuring yourself is no good. True, you need willpower to work out even when you're sore, but you also need the common sense to know when you've had enough.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:30 pm »

Yes, but going way too far and injuring yourself is no good. True, you need willpower to work out even when you're sore, but you also need the common sense to know when you've had enough.
Well dont die or cripple yourself.

EDIT: I dont think he is going to come close to hurting himself. He should try to give 110% becuase he probably wont.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:17:47 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2010, 01:19:33 am »

If you're still looking for some strength training, I'd recommend this push up routine. Supposedly, it'll get you to do 100 push ups within 6 weeks. I'm in the middle of it (week 3) and I find it's surprisingly intense. Pretty quick to do, too.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2010, 01:27:47 am »

If you're still looking for some strength training, I'd recommend this push up routine. Supposedly, it'll get you to do 100 push ups within 6 weeks. I'm in the middle of it (week 3) and I find it's surprisingly intense. Pretty quick to do, too.

That might be worth taking a look at. Maybe I'll try it! Right now, I can do 40 consecutive pushups on a really lousy day, 60 on an average day, and 70 on a good day. I might be able to push myself to 100, but the most I've ever done consecutively is like 75.

Another thing I've tried is elevating your hands six inches to a foot (15-30cm) off the ground. It only works if you have good form (straight back, butt up) but it adds a whole new level of challenge.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2010, 06:33:11 am »

Do not confuse effort with pain or you'll end up with lots of useless injuries.

Pain is a warning from your body.  Ignoring it to be tough is being plain stupid.

100 push-ups... mmmhmm... (doubtful look in his face, ).

We should see what KIND of push ups...  I'll bookmark it and check it out later.

As always... do what you enjoy.  If training is just plain boring or you don't feel any gain from there won't be motivation.

@cowofdoom78963:  Music is good but you can't really listen while you swim XD.  I know what you mean though, running with music is awesome.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27