Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18558 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Josh, half-man/half-blog, is in College
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2010, 09:46:43 am »

Ping Pong update: I think I'm getting pretty good. I'm getting better at 'smashing' the ball hard so that my opponent can't catch it, and I'm working out a new serve that involves spinning the ball backwards so that when my opponent tries to hit it back, it goes flying into the net instead.

It's pretty nice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2010, 02:30:07 pm »

So I guess I'm going to going back home AGAIN on Friday, as far as I can tell.

I really like it here, so that's a bad thing.

Also, in other news, I've started perusing the college's local restaurant, which'll serve anything from a menu, which gives me freedom from the free lunches to some extent. Useful for when the free lunches are heinously bad, and I want something good to eat anyhow.

$.75 Curly Fries ftw.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2010, 03:10:17 pm »

Your.... Your college has free lunches and $.75 curly fries?

Lucky bastard. All I had was crap from the vending machines... At least they had criminally under priced ($.50) Vault there though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2010, 03:26:25 pm »

Also, they give free coffee and cocoa. It's nice.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »

Free... Free...

COFFEE?!

I may be a pacifist now. But I still want to punch you. DOUBLE Lucky bastard... I needed that stuff to function in college and I had to buy it instead of food sometimes!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

Free lunches? Must take a three-hour tour sometime.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2010, 04:54:43 pm »

Well, only students with special student ID's can get the free lunches. Because, you know, can't have any hungry terrorists stealing our lunches.

Anyway, I have to spend all of today packing, since I need to get ALL my stuff together to bring home, because my room is getting taken by someone else while I'm away, and I'm getting a new room when I come back.

Problem: I have more stuff than I have luggage to hold it all. Really, I've been using my trips back home to bring more stuff. I'm going to have to kick alot of ass packing my stuff.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2010, 10:31:20 pm »

Wow, that was some awesome luggaging.

Fortunately there was a nearby storage service that I could make use of, and I placed alot of my stuff there and had an alright time with my packing.

It's really nice that I'm home, kinda.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2010, 11:03:30 pm »

Man, I almost forgot. While waiting for my bus to go back home, I was talking with a friend from class who just so happened to be their with me, and we went to a nearby Mcdonald's and just behaved... normal.

I feel weird being a normal person now, and having human conversations with people, rather than just completely ignored or written off.

I don't get it though, I'm not a conversationalist (I'm actually VERY quiet), and I'm SO FUCKING AFRAID of my humor defense mechanism, since all my jokes are so fucking terrible that they just alienate people, so I never try to make people laugh or anything anymore.

I really don't understand it. I'm fitting in better, but I feel left out more than ever.

I got to see an old friend from Highschool, working at a Walgreens. His audacious personality that I remember him for has cooled down quite a bit, and he's a very quiet and well-mannered person now, but he still has the same sloppy hair-style I remember liking.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2010, 12:27:42 am »

I'm feeling way too emotional lately, so feel free to just ignore anything weird I might be saying.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2010, 08:04:05 am »

Alright, I suppose I'll revive this in the name of something or other.

I'll be heading back to college within a few hours. My little break was nice, but I really enjoy being away from home.

Once again, I'm hoping I'm not forgetting anything. This time though, I have flash drives, and I have a feeling these will have important uses in the future.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2010, 02:50:28 pm »

How much work do you get daily because I get a lot and it's hard sometimes.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2010, 11:28:48 pm »

Never leave home without duct tape or flash drives.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 23, 2010, 06:43:21 pm »

So I'm in an... awkward situation. The dorms wered filled to capacity when I arrived, and I got roomed with my branch's Hall president.

The good news:

The hall president receives a special room, which is larger, has a private bathroom (where all other bathrooms are shared), the bathroom is of a significantly higher quality than other bathrooms, and everything about it just seems better in every way. I very much like this room, and don't mind sharing it.

The bad news: The only reason that this room was unoccupied is because the president is an unsavory person that enjoys his privacy. He enjoys his privacy so much that he feels fine with being completely antisocial and unfriendly to anyone that entreats on this privacy. Also, if that doesn't immediately work, he's fine with using his limited power as president to forcibly remove anyone that tries rooming with him. He's made it very clear that he's going to evict me from his room, but he can't because there's no other room for me to go to, and higher management prevents him from kicking me out onto the street. So I guess now it's just a matter of waiting until a room opens up, and then me being moved into it.

It's kind of lame, but the room is awesome.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 23, 2010, 07:07:43 pm »

You better pull his nose off.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27