Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18508 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Josh, half-man/half-blog, is in College
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2009, 09:18:39 pm »

He was a red neck mostly, he actually had his own NASCAR car.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2009, 09:20:51 pm »

Meh, my grandpa died.  :[

I have to go to a wake Monday.

I'm really sorry to hear that Toony. Were you really close to him?

One of my family's secrets is that my grandpa was in the Detroit mafia, ran numbers and drugs, served 20 years in prison, nearly killed my grandma, murdered atleast 2 people, was machine-gunned in retaliation by a rival mob, survived but became a half-paralyzed drug addict with only one side of his body working (his right side), became a recluse in a dank, old home situated in the most forested, out of the way place you could imagine and lived there for the remainder of his life where he then died miserable and alone of hepatitis. His last phone call was to my mom, when he told her to come by and pick up his house keys, an unusual request since he guarded his keys with his life, and was dead by the time we got there. True story.

That probably won't cheer you up, but I thought I'd let you know that my family is pretty screwed up. I could go on and on about the long list of terrible conditions my family live in, and the various terrible things they've done.
Your grandpa was a badass.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2009, 01:20:39 am »

Once you get past the first grandparent dying, the following are procedural.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2009, 03:29:26 pm »

It's not badass, since I only knew him during the last portion of his life, whenever I visited him, I always felt so bad cause his house was messy and smelly, he didn't have any friends, was constantly paranoid the mob was going to come finish him off, and he couldn't walk around right due to half his body being paralyzed. Despite having visited him many times, I don't think he knew my name, he just called me "top lieutenant" as a nickname. Having such a painful and violent life is only conducive to misery, depression, and death, I've found.

Another, if anyone's interested.

My great-grandpa on my grandma's side was a train robber and a murderer...

Granted, this was way back in the 1800's, but damn...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2009, 05:32:32 pm »

Your family is badass. You need to found the LCS to follow in their footsteps.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 13, 2009, 05:34:46 pm »

More interesting than a set of dusty earls, right?

I don't know much about my lineage other than the fact that my Welsh great-great grandfather was nicknamed "The Ram" for not-so-nice reasons... ah well.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 13, 2009, 08:56:29 pm »

Dusty Earls?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2009, 08:59:25 pm »

OK OK, something for you to do Sir Josh.

Do you like Homestuck?  Why or why not?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 14, 2009, 06:35:04 pm »

Awhile ago, I was reading up until the introduction of the female character, and then I lost interest because I hated having to favorite > delete old favorite > re-categorize the new favorite so it's in the same position as the old one, so as to save exactly what page I was on, which is something of a habit of mine that I refuse to break, ere my favorite listing become disorganized and messy looking.

(FINALLY got to use the word 'ere' in a sentence. I don't think I used it right, though)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2009, 07:49:10 pm »

Awhile ago, I was reading up until the introduction of the female character, and then I lost interest because I hated having to favorite > delete old favorite > re-categorize the new favorite so it's in the same position as the old one, so as to save exactly what page I was on, which is something of a habit of mine that I refuse to break, ere my favorite listing become disorganized and messy looking.

It has a feature ("Save Game") which lets you skip to wherever you were without having to do this.  Just "save" before you leave the page and "load game" when you want to return to your old position.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2009, 10:37:18 pm »

It has a feature ("Save Game") which lets you skip to wherever you were without having to do this.  Just "save" before you leave the page and "load game" when you want to return to your old position.

Yes that, also....you're missing out!   ;D

Unless the humor isn't for you.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2009, 03:23:48 am »

Meh, my grandpa died.  :[

I have to go to a wake Monday.

I'm really sorry to hear that Toony. Were you really close to him?

One of my family's secrets
Not anymore >_>
is that my grandpa was in the Detroit mafia, ran numbers and drugs, served 20 years in prison, nearly killed my grandma, murdered atleast 2 people, was machine-gunned in retaliation by a rival mob, survived but became a half-paralyzed drug addict with only one side of his body working (his right side), became a recluse in a dank, old home situated in the most forested, out of the way place you could imagine and lived there for the remainder of his life where he then died miserable and alone of hepatitis. His last phone call was to my mom, when he told her to come by and pick up his house keys, an unusual request since he guarded his keys with his life, and was dead by the time we got there. True story.

That probably won't cheer you up, but I thought I'd let you know that my family is pretty screwed up. I could go on and on about the long list of terrible conditions my family live in, and the various terrible things they've done.
No offense, but...that sounds interesting.

I mean, most I've got is an ancestor lost-at-sea.

(FINALLY got to use the word 'ere' in a sentence. I don't think I used it right, though)
ere = before, sorry. The one you might be looking for is "an", an archaic synonym of "if"

edit2: My current nethack game is going well, though it looks like I get to do a slow (nomapping, no clairvoyance) Gehennom again. Won't say more or it gets jinxed. Is like the nethack thread needs its possessions identified.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:10:12 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2009, 04:32:40 am »

My family isn't nearly as interesting in that way, either.  We're a bunch of weirdos with horrible tempers and a propensity for dressing poorly.  Girls typically show up to our family gatherings barefoot with long dresses, maybe flowers in their hair... usually wearing some sort of Asian/Latin American clothing, I guess.  The guys have figured out the whole "modern and less crazy" thing far better, it seems.  If you haven't heard my aunt talking about fairies and ghosts at least once, you haven't met us properly >_>  Same goes for the tri-annual screaming bitchfests (Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving--usually more.  Tends to happen whenever a lot of us get together).  Lots of short-story readings, singing, and lighting candles for the dead to go with the fairy-house construction, under-the-table insults, and moonlight dancing parties.

(For reference, we're Caucasians who have lived in America for... more than 12 generations, if I remember correctly)

We haven't done much of note in the past, but if you ever met us as a group, you might end up getting somewhat culture shocked.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2009, 06:12:37 pm »

Back home, meaning I'll be spending a little more time with you guys.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2009, 11:19:38 pm »

My family has remarked at how much healthier I look when compared to my previous self. Apparently, while it has gone unnoticed by me, my complexion and general appearance has improved noticeably.

I think you're family sounds pretty interesting Vector, it'd probably be really nice to meet them.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27