Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Tongsthundered, Temple City Succession!  (Read 16257 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Temple City Succession!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 04:04:53 pm »

OH! Sorry Kilina, I'll slip you in where you're supposed to be. Hexa, you want to be bumped forward into 2nd position? I put you where you are now because that's when you confirmed.

As for how many people can join? WE KEEP GOING UNTIL INTEREST DIES OR THE TEMPLES ARE BUILT! NO EXCEPTIONS! By the way, repeats are okay if you want, but realize that if somebody signs up your second turn will be pushed back.

Also, ruling that if possible, you are permitted to use the revealed map as a guide. BUT! You can't run reveal yourself. You just have a map given by the oracles or whatever in a vision. This way we'll have access to the underground river at least right off the bat.

Also, ruling on the invasions rule? Off or on until 110 dwarf population?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:11:28 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 04:14:55 pm »

I vote yes to using a revealed map as a guide, And I vote for turning invasions On.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 04:17:53 pm »

Alrighty, we'll wait on the others.

By the way, as far as the optional rules go, such as killing non-dwarves. I don't mean any nondwarves who enter the city, I mean nondwarves who enter the -temples-. If one of these is a temple devoted to a god of wealth, then it's okay. Provided they can't see much farther than the trade outpost.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 06:35:42 pm »

If you use a back-up save now that you've probably picked out a location, you can find the civ's gods by locating the first generations of their dwarves in legends (should be in the very beginning) and scrolling up to just where they begin - the gods listed there in a clump will be the civ's gods.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 06:47:21 pm »

I'd say invasions yes, reveal only on the forum.
Nom nom nom

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 08:10:00 pm »

Still have yet to receive the map, so I can't do that just yet -_-;

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15:12 pm »

Sorry, class goes late for me. I'm putting the ZIP file up right now.

Dwarf Gods
  • Ral: Male dwarf, Associated with the Earth
  • Kadol: Female dwarf, associated with War, fortresses, trade, wealth and jewels
  • Zim: Female dwarf, associated with mountains.
  • Asiz: Male dwarf, associated with light (I'm pretty sure a SoF emits light ^^)
  • Usen: male dwarf, associated with oaths
  • Bal: male dwarf, associated with youth
  • Volal Fairhaven: female dwarf, associated with rainbows
  • Gomath Primeidol: female dwarf, associated with thralldom (oh my. captured enemies, maybe?)

The map folder contains the embark screen (with the yellow X in sight). Or you can run finder with:
Low Rainfall, Low Drainage, Flux, No Aquifer, Underground River, Magma Pipe, Bottomless Pit, Other features
and find it then.

Oracles' resource map:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7139-templecity - revealed on Vanilla DF, so it's not using a tileset. Adds to the challenge of finding stuff, or helps others, who knows :P

Had some issues with file depot, so I went ahead and put it on my own server. Get it hot here:
Planes of Soul ZIP

Cheers. Will look forwards to when we start.

EDIT: I just now noticed our Brook is called "The bad temple" xD
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:18:59 pm by Razoric480 »

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 11:42:08 pm »

Wow... just wow... That's a bad omen if I EVER saw one. Did ya start with a random group? I assume not. but anyway. My turn starts tonight, ends this sunday.

Anyway. I do hope we embark on the same location as those guys did, that would just be PERFECT. It has everything we need to get this place up and running, hematite, the magma RIGHT there. Excelent. I'm going to be posting using the DFG tile set. Yall can do the same or not, I just prefer to have it really easy to read. ^^ also, if you DO use that tile set, it makes the map more mappy :P rather than photographic :3

STRIKE THE EARTH! FOR THE GODS!

edit: I WOULD use it, except for the small fact that I'm having trouble installing JUST the tile set -_- anybody know how to do that part?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:45:00 pm by shadowclasper »

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 11:46:14 pm »

Yeah, I use DFG when I'm playing.

The group is a random Play Now! for when I exported the revealed map. The ZIP file, however, is pre-embark, so you can grab ahold of the same spot. The clusters might be in different places and of different values, but overrall, it should be similar.

Good luck, Temple Builder. You are being watched closely by your gods. May they judge you fairly, and may they deem you worthy of a quick death, rather than a slow, tortuous one.

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 11:50:49 pm »

edit: I WOULD use it, except for the small fact that I'm having trouble installing JUST the tile set -_- anybody know how to do that part?

Install DFG in another area.
Copy the data\art\ folder into the vanilla
Copy the raw\graphics\mayday folder, as well as the "graphics_mayday.txt" file into the vanilla, and remove 'example.txt'
In your vanilla's data\init\init.txt, change as follows:
Code: [Select]
[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:1024]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:1024]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]
or however you want to set it up.

OR, you could not worry about it and just run DFG. The map was generated on a vanilla world, and thus, DFG's stone mod won't run and it should play vanilla. I think the only thing that will be different are cats and their mouthes, but it's a bug anyway.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 11:56:32 pm »

hmmm... probably be easier if I back up my saves instead XD

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 11:59:03 pm »

Also, if you're going to run vanilla from Bay12's website, you'll have to convert the png to bmp.

I think you should just go with the load-the-game-in-DFG method. The stone mod isn't gonna turn on and it'll be compatible with vanilla clients.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 12:24:11 am »

Gotcha. Well it's up, and Time for our first post. Before I do, quick question? screenshots, how do I take them? Again, first time running one of these ^^;

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:28 am »

One of two ways:

Either hit ESC and export local image (though that makes horrific 20 mB BMPs), something you'd do to show the entire Z-level of a fort (or save to DFMA)

Or simpler way: hold down the ALT button, and press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. The ALT key being held down makes it so it only takes a screenshot of the active window, instead of the entire desktop.
Open up an image editor (photoshop, paint) and then 'edit' -> 'paste'

Save as a JPG, and you're good to go.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 12:48:00 am »

These are the Journals of Hetros Lelummebzuth, first Temple Builder of the Orb of Tomes, sent out by the most holy Priest-King Atur Amemunib of the Confining Hammers.

Well this is it, I'm dead. The Priest-King, may the Gods forever protect him and his people, has decided that I must be blessed by the gods because my engravings on the last temple I worked at apparently inspired one of the oracles as to where the next great temple city shall be. Why Usen? WHY! DO YOU HATE ME!!! I've been given 2 years to complete 7 temples... I lose my status if I don't complete atleast one of them, and if I DON'T complete at least one of them, I'll be executed for sloth.

Well I'd best make the best of it, and worse of all, we've been assigned one of the bloody PRIESTS! He thinks he's in charge of this whole deal, but we know who's really pulling the strings. Me. It's not the PRIEST'S head on the line if this isn't completed.

At least I wasn't given a bunch of elf-lovin' freaks. They're all good men, and hopefully they'll make sure I get a decent burial. Right now I have to make sure that the city will survive... no easy task in this Gods forsaken waste land. Obsidian for as far as the eye can see, some forests south and north, and not too many nasty beasts... except on this map it says there's a pit into the depths... damn. I just hope nothing comes crawling out after us. And damn it, according to the map it's open to the surface, really open, like the wall's been pierced. That's all we need to worry about.

Fine, best get the crops planted by quick, and a well started. We're goblin bate unless we shape up BUT quick.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8