Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Tongsthundered, Temple City Succession!  (Read 16251 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Tongsthundered, Temple City Succession!
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2009, 07:55:11 pm »

Oh and you failed the gem/trade/fortress/war one so badly your gonna starve to death, slowly, you'll even have water to keep you alive longer, but you will starve.  Maybe I'll put your corpse in my temple?

You're stranding my character on an island to die? Just remember to give him a decent burial. You only DON'T get the burial if my character deserves to die and you let him live. Anyway. GIVE US UPDATES!

edit: My guy worships Usen, so he should be buried in Usen's temple I think. THE GOD OF OATHS! No clue what you'll do there. Maybe base the fortress guard out of it and train up a freaking lot of war dogs on chains? I didn't think my temple was THAT bad considering what was coming... I mean, least you could do is give me a pick and have me suicide against goblins...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 07:57:52 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:14 pm »

I'm all for the goblin/magmamen suicide!
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 11:19:38 pm »

He'd dump his pick OF COURSE. no need to cripple the community. But he'd not die ignobly. He'd wait for a magma man or imp to pop out of the pipe and CHARGE! RWAR! WRESTLE! Though how he'd avoid falling into the pipe I have no idea.

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:44 pm »

He'd dump his pick OF COURSE. no need to cripple the community. But he'd not die ignobly. He'd wait for a magma man or imp to pop out of the pipe and CHARGE! RWAR! WRESTLE! Though how he'd avoid falling into the pipe I have no idea.

Nonsense. He'd charge straight into the pipe. This is dwarf fortress.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 11:31:09 pm »

Nah, he wants a proper burial. Oh well, if he starves he starves.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:06:09 am by shadowclasper »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2009, 04:13:35 pm »

Well then....... can only the temple builder work on said temple or can all dwarves in the fort work on it.  And is the quests at the beginning necessary to survival, cause I have nothing to allow me to view a statue.
Nom nom nom

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2009, 04:51:55 pm »

Well then....... can only the temple builder work on said temple or can all dwarves in the fort work on it.  And is the quests at the beginning necessary to survival, cause I have nothing to allow me to view a statue.

1) EVERYONE CAN HELP! Temple Builder is the title for the guy IN CHARGE of the project. You name your character that. And change the name of the previous one to Retired Temple Builder.

2) No, the quests at the beginning are not necessary. But succeeding at them gets you bonus heart points and I'll figure out something else to give ya/allow you to do if you succeed at them. The ones under the gods are more suggestions and brain boosters, not quests.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 04:56:34 pm »

Day One: I have arrived at the "site" for the new temples.... the dwarf I am replacing is pitiful, he's nothing but a quivering, drunken wreck.  The others tell me he took to drinking the second he was finished.  My orders from the king are to kill him and give him a half decent burial.  Only problem is, this place lacks any form of burial chamber.... hum..... I think I can work that in perfectly with the temple to Ral, I`m planning on building.  Yes I believe I have the basic plans down perfectly.

Day Four: The temples coming along quite well.  But there is a minor problem, despite the fact we are a good distance from the magma pipe, the miners keep complaining that the walls of one side of the temple are extremely hot to the touch.  I don't want to scare anyone but I've seen this before, there's pits deep in the mountain the contain all manner of horrific creatures, and my grandfather told me that sometimes they even contain magma, that must be why the walls are hot, we've found one of these HFS pits......  I believe I just found a way to kill off that annoying, quivering wreck of a dwarf.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:20:14 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 05:40:52 pm »

Dibs on 30 pieces of adamantine!
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:00 pm »

Dude, if you are opening up the HFS and dooming this fort, that is REAAAAALLY low. Especially since it means he can't be buried after wards. But hey, it's your call.

Just saying. If this falls apart, save scum it alright. Dooming the fort on your second turn is insanity :3 Though I do give you bonus points on creative killing :P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:06:58 pm by shadowclasper »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:52 pm »

Truthfully I was planning on building a small room, putting a bit of food and water inside, digging a long passage,  breaching the HFS pit from the other side, putting you in the room and walling it off,
Nom nom nom

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2009, 07:37:32 pm »

You COULD have him become a mason too and build a wall, then activate him as a fighter. He's a legendary miner, he can probably take some demons down when he's activated as an unarmed military.

Basically, seal him in, place a dump 1 square away to move the excess adamantium into, make sure he has some spare obsidian, restrict the hallway as he's building, and he'll seal himself in with the demons and go down with amazing prowess. It'll also tell you what kind of demons will spawn.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:52 pm »

That's what I was planning
I can also carve a fortification on the other side and shoot the remaining demons through the slot
Nom nom nom

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2009, 07:58:29 pm »

Depends on the demons. I don't recommend shooting SoF.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2009, 07:59:27 pm »

ya that's always a bad idea, maybe I'll hook something up I can crush them with... oh wait they can't be crushed, nvm
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8