Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Tongsthundered, Temple City Succession!  (Read 16242 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Tongsthundered, Temple City Succession!
« on: October 04, 2009, 12:27:08 am »

My basic thought is this. You've been sent from the capital to build a temple to the gods (who these gods are will be determined as we get migrants and such, I can't seem to find a way to localize deities on the legends screen, making it impossible to simply check)

The entire place is meant to glorify and honor the gods themselves, each one needs a separate temple, with appropriate awesomeness (engravings, gem settings, the whole deal) tacted on. Further, the priesthood (read: Nobles) must be provided for. You're job is to make sure this happens. You've been chosen by the king to make sure this temple is built to his satisfaction. Your predecessor failed the time before, and met with the consequences. Not only are you being sent to take over for him, you have to find a suitably unique and awesome way of -killing- him as punishment for not finishing the temple in a years time. You've been informed the same fate awaits YOU if you fail.

Rules of play:
-1 week real time to build stuff, you have 2 years of game time to make your stuff before the King sends his replacement.
-No world ending devices. Not unless they are solely a suitably awesome WRATH OF THE GODS defense. (pouring magma from the sky is allowed)
-Invasions may be turned off until population reaches 110 dwarves. Reason being I'm planning on putting this temple city suitably deep inside of the territory of some dwarven nation or another, if at ALL possible. So until you get big enough there's no reason for goblins to attack. This rule I'm iffy on personally.
-You will declare a dwarf to be you the moment you open the file. You will then procede to KILL the previous Temple Builder (this will be your title) in the most inventive way you can percieve. If you fail to kill the previous temple builder, not only will you -both- be killed when your turn ends, your corpse will be thrown ignominiously in a charnal pit away from the temple.
-You may not choose someone totally vital to this operation. You choose somebody expendable (like a peasant, or a lye maker) and elect them to Mayor before offing the previous guy.
-Eventual Goal is to make a temple complex for EACH of the gods. Depending on what their domains are, this will involve different things.
-If you manage to complete a temple before your turn ends, that character is to be spared! It must be suitably awesome, as determined by -me-. My character will mostly be getting the place running, so he's almost certainly going to die.
-The Diviners of the kingdom have located the prime location and given us a map, you can find it HERE! http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7139-templecity (I'm giving Razoric special permission to rename some noble or other as his character and make it's title: Oracle or something)

THE GODS WE SHALL REPRESENT!
Bonus Quests for gods:
    * Ral: Male dwarf, Associated with the Earth
       --->King of the Gods. Make him a starting at the lowest z-level with a big ass statue inside. DEAD center of the map.
    * Kadol: Female dwarf, associated with War, fortresses, trade, wealth and jewels
       --->Make a giant fortified wall that spans several z-levels. have a statue of her sticking out of it facing the near edge of the map that has a magma cannon for a mouth (the kind that pressurizes magma and spews it out). Path through the wall runs between her legs. Put the Civilization symbol on one side of her and the Orb of Tomes symbol on the other.
    * Zim: Female dwarf, associated with mountains.
       --->Hallow out an entire damn mountain! Have a pillar at the center with her statue on top. Have stairs running around the entire hallowed out portion of the temple.
    * Asiz: Male dwarf, associated with light
       --->Giant clear glass Pyramid. Further bonus points if you make it an orb hanging in the air some how.
    * Usen: male dwarf, associated with oaths
       --->thousands of warhounds chained in this area. Go crazy
    * Bal: male dwarf, associated with youth
       --->Toys, and have rooms assigned to all children here. NO ADULTS BAR THE PRIESTESS.
    * Volal Fairhaven: female dwarf, associated with rainbows
       --->Outside, make it open air, with all 8 different colors (white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black) involved her thing. Further, make it basically an island surrounded by water falls in the back of a canyon.
    * Gomath Primeidol: female dwarf, associated with thralldom
       --->MASSIVE PRISON! No walls, all bars. at the very center have an execution pit that drops into a giant statue face's mouth (or similarly inventive thing)

Anyone interested? And if so, do you have a map that could be used? Hopefully a big valley, with underground river and magma, natural caverns would be awesome too. I'm turning up absolutely NIL.

This may have to wait for the update with the expanded underground biom content.

edit: Optional rules
->Once any of the temples are built. All non-dwarf humanoids who enter MUST be killed. This include humans and elves.
->Make sure there's a temple guard for each and every temple. All must be wrestlers in cloth armor and comprised of dwarves who worship that god. Maybe they use 1 type of weapon, but must still be cloth armor (find a way to get robes on them?)
->Housing divided up by worship. Those who worship one god have housing outside that gods temples. etc.etc. If burrows are instituted use these.

Play Order:
1)Shadowclasper
2)kilakan
3)Razoric480
4)sava2004
5)Hexedmagica
6)rosedrake
7)???
8)???
9)???
10)???
Anyone else who wants to join)???

Starting as soon as we get the map.

Chapter 1 (Years 301-302: Foundations and a Shrine)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 08:24:03 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for a Sucession game, interested?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:09:17 am »

Yeah. I probally'd be able to get the time.
They started to collide~

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 04:19:20 am »

If the issue is the time span, I'll drop it down to 1 year before turn over.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 08:55:10 pm »

sure, I'm in sounds like a good idea.
Nom nom nom

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »

That sounds like fun. I'd like to get a turn in. Issues I see, though:

Mayor is the noble that cannot be assigned, it is elected by the dwarves themselves. Minor thing, really, but still something to amend in your description. Unless you mean figurative mayor, then I guess that's fine.

As for a map, I can likely get one genned up if you like. I've got the processing time to spare to find something fun with, hopefully, everything that's needed.

Are we determining a report format (as in, narrative) or letting whomever have a stab as they like?

For a proper construction, especially since that's the goal, I think two in-game years would be better. Some gods need some advanced stuff, after all, and one year wouldn't really cut it for awesomeness. Especially if we have to purchase something for our specific temple's theme. Having some time aside to grab ahold of the caravan with time to spare would be handy.

Is the client vanilla or modded in some way?

I'd add in the rules that if the temple overseer (AKA, you) figures that the previous constructor did a good enough job, that they must not be killed (if not downright protected and housed?)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:10:59 pm by Razoric480 »

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 10:20:29 pm »

Alright, 2 years works.

Unmodded, and if you can find an appropriate place (I was thinking something valleyish if that's AT ALL possible). I'd prefer narrative, since this IS supposed to be a kinda roleplay map.

And yes, you MAY do that. But I'll warn you now, if you spare the previous guy, then the guy following YOU might not agree with ya. And then you both get pasted, but you get turned out. And since you're blasphemous heathen who dishonored the gods with your slothfulness, your testimony is obviously worth nill isn't it?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
Re: Temple City Succession!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 10:46:34 pm »

I'm in!

preferably as 4th.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Comcastic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:54:28 pm »

Could you put me as a military dwarf called Bo Niggles?

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 02:53:42 am »

Sign me up then.
They started to collide~

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:55:52 am »

2 more people, the map, and next saturday and we'll begin :3 this is my first time running a succession game (played one with my family back home =P it was insane)

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 01:38:29 pm »

How's this for a location? It's certainly a valley, with the river cutting through a mountain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Underground river, magma pipe (doesn't pierce surface), bottomless pit, overground river, HFS. Not all that many trees, but still enough to live for a while until trading begins. Access by all civs (humans, dwarves, elves and goblins as enemies). 300 years of history. There are no living megabeasts, though if you'd rather have some living, I can try to find one with less history (and thus more megabeasts).

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 02:23:04 pm »

I think that the location is AWESOME!

But could you run reveal.exe and export the whole entire thing to the DFMA?

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 02:29:43 pm »

PERFECT! Import me that sucker and we'll get started. And unless we have a god based around different kinds of megabeasts, I seriously doubt it'll be necessary.

By the way. If we have a god of fire. I'm giving bonus points to ANYONE who catches and imprisons a SoF inside his chambers somehow, behind glass walls.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 02:55:56 pm »

um, wth you completely skipped me, I was the second person to say that I want to play.
Nom nom nom

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 03:22:06 pm »

That's 5 ppl! we should start now.

also, after the 6th guy joins, can we NOT add anyone else?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8