Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do the engravings I find in the funpits in the mountains decide the fun I get?  (Read 3721 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Actually, the ‼[REDACTED]‼ never have any engravings on their levels, just rough stone floors littered with charcoal and ashes. Only the very bottom floor has the engravings of dead/withering/burning/screaming humanoids, and it always has those engravings regardless of what's on the upper levels.

You sure? I could've sworn that there were engravings of dwarves burning or whatever on the upper levels.

I'm 100% certain - the only time you ever get engravings on the upper levels is if you've got the naughty variety.

I did a bit of testing and determined the exact effect of each sphere:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 03:29:21 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

That's a lot of stuff missing. Toady needs to get coding so that the dynamically generated [REDACTED] in the new version have dynamically generated lairs, appropriate to their spheres.

Can't have [liGHTNING] [REDACTED] if their lairs aren't crackling with electricity, can we now?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Or not running with brilliant gems.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say I want fun of the naughty variety much more often than the fiery and swimming kind. How can I mod my game for this? Or do I just have to remove the fiery and swimming fun?

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile

That's a lot of stuff missing. Toady needs to get coding so that the dynamically generated [REDACTED] in the new version have dynamically generated lairs, appropriate to their spheres.

Can't have [liGHTNING] [REDACTED] if their lairs aren't crackling with electricity, can we now?

Three words:

Nikola. Tesla. [REDACTED].
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf. The Dwarf is wearing Steel. The Dwarf is being stuck down by lightning. Nikola Tesla is laughing."
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

That would be awesome.

NIKOLA CLOWNS! You must keep them in glass or wooden cages. metal ones allow them to attack.

Frankly, I'd love to see more kinds of clowns, of every sort and sphere. Hell, if someone could show me how to make the code I'd DO it. after all, it seems like the way the program works right now is it plugs in variables you name as you create the rwa right? So the hard part is figuring out how to parse those in I guess... or has somebody gone about actually modding the game to produce these different spheres of clowns?

Also, it'd be interesting (upon the introduction of magic) if you could bless cages and traps to actually effect these blokes ehn?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Frankly, I'd love to see more kinds of clowns, of every sort and sphere. Hell, if someone could show me how to make the code I'd DO it. after all, it seems like the way the program works right now is it plugs in variables you name as you create the rwa right? So the hard part is figuring out how to parse those in I guess... or has somebody gone about actually modding the game to produce these different spheres of clowns?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

I see. Can you also determine what kind of engravings and objects appear?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

From the way I understand it, you can't add in any completely new effects, because although you can change the sphere tags in the entry of an HFS that determine what its chamber contains, you can't change what the tags do.

In other words, you can only use sphere tags that already do things for the HFS chamber, although you can mix and match them as you desire.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Since the various clowns seem to have two different spheres each. I'm gonna put some ideas out here, those of you who already had the HFS spoiled and those who've seen it themselves are welcome to keep looking, the rest of ya, please don't, you'll really regret not having this SUPER FUN thing happen to you out of the blue ^^

Thoughts for those who read? Think this is suggestion forum worthy?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thanks, nice ideas. I will mod them in a moment. Should be a fun thing for my next fort :).
Too bad most things are unimplemented through the raws, still I like the flavor.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

Thoughts for those who read? Think this is suggestion forum worthy?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think demons should be randomised based on the dwarves gods, like If most of the fort worships the goddess of food, the demons will insta rot any nearby food, the god of children, the demons insta kill any nearby children/make dwarves infertile.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3