Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do the engravings I find in the funpits in the mountains decide the fun I get?  (Read 3720 times)

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For example, will finding lots of depraved engravings result in lots of fun appendages? A lots of engravings of burning creatures result in fun fires?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Yep.

The bottom level of the [REDACTED] always have engravings of fire and torture, though. That's where the big bad [REDACTED] dwells.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's also determined on the shit you find lying around, lot's of ash means sons of freaks (SoF), mud means frogger's big brother, ect.
Nom nom nom

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile

Also don't forget the horrid "leavings" in certain other pits.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile

Also don't forget the horrid "leavings" in certain other pits.
This is an engraving of a bronze colossus. The bronze colossus is committing a depraved act.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think Vester meant the mayonnaise.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The naughty clowns are fond of leaving around a white-colored "unknown substance"

But I am curious, I have never seen the engravings for fire clowns or amphibian clowns.  What do they look like?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Each type of funhouse has very specific contents.

If the upper levels have pools of water and muddy floors, accompanied by turtles, moghoppers, lungfish, and blood gnats, you've got swimming clowns.

If the upper levels have magma pools and are littered with ashes and charcoal, you've got ‼clown‼s (which are likely to set the charcoal on fire, causing it to burn for the better part of a year).

If the upper levels are engraved with naughty pictures, filled with people, and covered with various... substances, you've got naughty clowns.

The bottom floor always contains the same stuff.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile

I wonder what the game does if you create custom fun stuff.  Does it just pick from the available options, or does it pick something based upon the associated spheres (like temples)?
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bricks, that theory merits further study!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

It's based on spheres. It's no coincidence that the !![REDACTED]!! have the [FIRE] sphere attached to them and have their levels frequently covered with pictures of dwarves and elves and whatever burning.

I don't know what would happen if you slapped a [SPHERE:LONGEVITY] tag on a [REDACTED] critter, but I think the results would be pretty interesting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

DWARVEN SCIENCE!

Must... finish... logo...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

It's based on spheres. It's no coincidence that the !![REDACTED]!! have the [FIRE] sphere attached to them and have their levels frequently covered with pictures of dwarves and elves and whatever burning.

Actually, the ‼[REDACTED]‼ never have any engravings on their levels, just rough stone floors littered with charcoal and ashes. Only the very bottom floor has the engravings of dead/withering/burning/screaming humanoids, and it always has those engravings regardless of what's on the upper levels.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:36:53 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My question is what human/dwarf took the time to engrave pictures of his burning friends and family?  Or was their pain and terror so strong that it engraved their final moments of life into the surrounding stone.
Nom nom nom

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Actually, the ‼[REDACTED]‼ never have any engravings on their levels, just rough stone floors littered with charcoal and ashes. Only the very bottom floor has the engravings of dead/withering/burning/screaming humanoids, and it always has those engravings regardless of what's on the upper levels.

You sure? I could've sworn that there were engravings of dwarves burning or whatever on the upper levels. I think there are engravings of demons performing depraved acts when you have that particular [REDACTED] show up, somewhere on their levels.

My experience with [REDACTED] has been severely limited, however. I tend not to embark on any maps that have it or open them up. Too much architectural potential.

My question is what human/dwarf took the time to engrave pictures of his burning friends and family?  Or was their pain and terror so strong that it engraved their final moments of life into the surrounding stone.

Maybe the [REDACTED] carved the engravings.
Pages: [1] 2 3