Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Influence World Gen  (Read 483 times)

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Influence World Gen
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:28:00 pm »

I'm looking for a particular locale for my fortress.  

Specifically, no trees, warm-ish climate, sparse/scarce vegetation (because it seems you only ever get one wild creature if there is no vegetation), and sinister environment.    I also want there to be no river on the map.

I've gone through 20+ worlds now, and found a couple which almost meet my requirements (only difference is that they are all cold/freezing), but have yet to actually get one that does meet what I am looking for.

Could we possibly have some influence on the world gen, similar to what you see in a game like Civilization.   As an example, have four options that you can set: "Evil-ness", "Temperature", "Aridity".

I'd love to play in a desert world, that was just crawling with evil  :)

Moltare

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Influence World Gen
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Draxxalon:
<STRONG>I'd love to play in a desert world, that was just crawling with evil   :)</STRONG>

But Shai-Hulud would be even more of a pain in the arse than undead elephants!

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Influence World Gen
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 06:55:00 pm »

I think I'm sitting at about a 50% chance of even finding a sinister area of any sort in a given generated region.

And of that small pool, 75% of the sinister areas seem to be freezing/none/none.  

I've seen one scorching, and one temperate today, and two cold (generated another 16 regions on my second machine today at work), and the warm ones had lots of trees, vegetation, and/or a river   :(

(And I've yet to see any elephants in sinister areas, live or undead)

[ October 26, 2006: Message edited by: Draxxalon ]