Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: DnD Game - Thinking something over - Would like more players - See First Post  (Read 23049 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Thanks Pillow.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't mind getting in on this. GMT -5, per the GMT converter.

I'll gen up a character after looking to see what we've already got.

*Edit* Looks like we're only missing some smashing power. I saw two druids, a rouge, a bard, a cleric, and an enchanter. Backstabbers (Rouge and Bard) need another tank protect them while they dance across the battlefield, and the squishies (Druids, Enchanter) are mostly status afflictors. We could use a Blaster.

Hmm. I don't suppose we're using or could use a variant that allows Paladins that aren't Lawful but are still good, are we? Because I have a wicked hilarious idea for a Neutral Good Paladin of the Atom.  ;D

Otherwise I'll probably take a blaster Sorcerer. A- MUHAHAHAHA!! Red Mage. He's going to be Red Mage. *Dashes off to find players handbook I and II*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:12:36 pm by rickvoid »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First of all, no bloody Fallout 3 references in your character, Final Fantasy references I'm fine with though.  Second, anyone know what GMT +/- Atlantic time is?
Nom nom nom

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

I've got plenty of time on my hands. Granted, I'm supposed to be doing something else with that time, but that hasn't stopped my before!

My time zone is GMT -5
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First of all, no bloody Fallout 3 references in your character, Final Fantasy references I'm fine with though.  Second, anyone know what GMT +/- Atlantic time is?

Hmm... hadn't considered a Fallout reference, though I would never reference that abortion anyway. And most Final Fantasy references are retarded anyway. (My katana is like, really, really long. Also, my hair is really long, and platinum blonde. And I don't seem to have a whole lot of muscles, but I have 18 STR anyway. And I'm really pretty. *HURL!!*) Sorry, I don't really get the current Japanese fascination with tall, lanky, long-haired men who kind of look like chicks.

Anyway, I've already got a few concepts written up, but no time to post them now. I'll put 'em up later. (Current Concept Count: 4.)

*Edit*
So here's four character concepts, ranked in order of how much I would enjoy playing them:

1. Dierdre, Chaotic Evil Female Human Sorceress
Dierdre is descended from a Demon. Distantly. Maybe. Her uncle told her once. That might not be all that accurate either, since she had just set him on fire and it was more of an accusation than a revelation. The important thing is that Dierdra likes fire. A lot.
Character Goal: Set at least one thing one fire that should not be (or does not want to be) on fire per session. The second Players Handbook has special Infernal Heritage Feats for Sorcerers, and that would fit really well with this character concept. But if the DM nixes it, it's not an issue. She just won't "actually" be descended from a Demon (which would work as well for this concept anyway). That book also has Celestial Heritage feats as well, if somebody was interested in those.

2. Mab, Chaotic Neutral Female Gnome Illusionist
Mab is not "a little touched in the head". Anyone who says or thinks that about Mab is a dirty, dirty, filthy LIAR!! And not real. None of you are real, you are but figments of Mab's imagination, and Mab can will you out of existence with but a single thought!!
Character Goal: Goals? Mab is insane. She just wants all of her imaginary "friends" to shut the hell up and go away. Unfortunately, she thinks everyone is a figment of her imagination. She will rationalize any behavior the party performs, no matter how inconvenient for her, as having been in accord with her will. TLDR: Crazy gnome lady is crazy.

3. Ban D'aid, Chaotic Good Human Cleric of Healing
Ban is a simple soul, who lives to mend the wounds of others. And to hack apart evil-doers with his great-axe, but mostly the healing.
Character Goal: Party Band-Aid Box. The group needs a dedicated Healer, and Druids don't count. He would also serve as a Tank. Did I mention he's boring? I'm bored just writing him down. I'd be more than happy to run him, but only if I can play one of the two above as well.

Well, what does everybody think? I left out the Nuclear-Powered Paladin, because it stopped being funny after about five minutes.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:06:05 pm by rickvoid »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Oh and guys I forgot to mention. I have a couple friends IRL who want to try DnD so I helped them make character sheets and they'll join us on Saturday and possibly in the future. I have 1 confirmed and a possible second person. Hope you guys won't mind, they will not take the place of anyone.

In other news, be prepared for the new map to come up. Obviously not completed and no terrain, but the shape is done. Be up in a couple minutes!

NEW MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HUGE IMAGE
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:22:45 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, forgot.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

I'm a sexy barefoot god of explosions and war.

Fuck yeah.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Only got the stuff from just before the explosion. Before this we defeated to huge zombies.

Bedwyr 550xp Ollio 350xp Otoga 300xp Burtel 250xp Kain 200xp Fenneth 50xp

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Right, level up time for me.

Hp + 6, now 12
So my bab is up by one, and my sneak attack is now 2d6.
New feats from class: Evasion.

Spoiler: skill points (click to show/hide)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Wow, you guys kept going 3 and a half hours after I left?  Sounds like you had quite a bit of fun too.

Any word on when we're doing it again?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's too bad, zombie fight was fun.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Maybe next Friday. I'll have to check my schedule.

NEW MAP
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:29:13 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Silky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey, Its Ollio, Next Friday would be good

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Alright,

GMT +0 22:00 (10PM) Next Friday. Who can make it?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17