Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19712 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2010, 05:30:24 pm »

( :] , in my humble opinion, you guys are blind. Turn up in a bit, I'm hoping for edits or one-two new commands.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2010, 07:44:14 pm »

"Well well well reptile man, I've been following your endevours for quite some time. You're not insane. We have just found some way of tapping into your mind. Now, about this thing in the room with you. Don't be agressive. You need all the friends you can get. Try and get a look at it."
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »

"I don't think he'll be getting friends soon. Whether he gets out or not. And I think that thing will be more of an acquaintance or something else like a psychologist. Or a grudge."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:57:53 pm by Phantom »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2010, 08:13:52 pm »

"Well, the term friend being figurative of course."
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2010, 10:33:53 pm »

'Greetings friend, I am, ummm, [muffled]. Who might you be?'
>examine shield

>make another shield, forged from your righteous indignation at having a mess of people invading your privacy and making you do stuff.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:35:08 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2010, 11:29:55 pm »

(You guys aught to stop talking, and do something. There's a reason I picked this one to have commands and voices.)

>Armok:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
_Usually the voices are the last thing you want to hear, but now they are the second to last. {Text added.} You resist talking aloud, but; it isn't time to be reminiscent. And what do you think that is!? Help. Me. Surely they can do something, like drown it out with noise. But too late, 'even if you can't make peace, surely you can rest, for just a moment'. You feel weaker, and you must now focus to protect your mind. You feel pressure against your barriers, like the thing is just leaning on you. You hold your attention on the fire, to ignore the thing in the shadows.

(I need to note that neither changes are going to keep him from recognizing you.)
Phantom:
_You hear the Phantom voice now, and try using him to keep out 'don't worry, I can help. I can dull the daggers, keep you from harm. Just drop all that heavy armor, you don't need it.' Your protections do feel heavy now, you must not lose focus. You must stay still and hold stron▬ You might be easy to hate, Phantom, but you're right! The deamon must have gotten to you before, doing nothing is no way to survive! What were you thinking? You stand, knocking your chair to the floor, and almost collapse from exhaustion. How long has it been here? You face the corner, to find it an inky black, where the flickering light simply fades away. You call to it 'what, are you?' It's nasal voice seems to drip into the air, poisoning it; 'why, I'm just a friend trying to help you rest. Is there anything wrong with that?' You feel very empty all of sudden. Your shields!

>Labs: "Well well well reptile man, I've been following your endevours for quite some time. You're not insane. We have just found some way of tapping into your mind. Now, about this thing in the room with you. Don't be agressive. You need all the friends you can get. Try and get a look at it."
 Another voice joins you, and does just a bit to fill the nothing. Yet you fall to a siting position. You laugh; be friends with it? What world are you from? Which does a bit more to fill it, before 'such an interesting mind you have, little man. You aren't doing anything with it...' Like a command, you begin to have trouble thinking, your eyes lose focus. The emptiness seems painful, but that is replaced with more emptiness.

>Phantom: "I don't think he'll be getting friends soon. Whether he gets out or not. And I think that thing will be more of an acquaintance or something else like a psychologist. Or a grudge."
>Labs: "Well, the term friend being figurative of course."
 You hear a familiar voice, and use it like a little flame in the void. You can barely understand what he...they are saying, but you have little left.

(Guys, do something, please? I don't want him to die after only 18 pages. I know RAM posted an action, but this is still a bad time to just include everything, and it might be the last action.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:45:14 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2010, 01:00:58 am »

"Crap! Alright, man you need some training for your will.
That Daemon is playing with your mind, and I believe attacking or backing away is a bad idea.
Brake the wire mesh with your sword, your tail, your hands, something.
Burn your bed cloth, and throw at the shadows!
Illumination!
Through light you'll ascend from the darkness!

If that fails, attack. You had nothing left, no memories, no loved ones, no friends, at least do the world a favor by purging this daemon from the world."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:49:56 am by Phantom »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2010, 05:40:34 am »

"Oh ****"

> Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2010, 07:40:51 am »

()
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2010, 12:43:12 pm »

"Oh ****"

> Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this! Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this!
"ARRRRRRRRRRMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2010, 12:20:55 pm »

(I'll take it now. Also RAM, that's beautiful, kinda reminds me of one of those Mind's Eye videos.)

{Removed stricken text.}
> make another shield, forged from your righteous indignation at having a mess of people invading your privacy and making you do stuff.
 Nothing surrounds you, nothing pervades you. A great and infinite emptiness...which speaks, 'who are you?! Where are you?' You mind seems crushed, and slow, but...Nothing cannot speak...Nothing cannot weigh you down. No... 'Stop that! Stop that!' The emptiness within and without you seems to move, lashing at something. 'This one is mine!'...Nothing cannot attack...Nothing cannot move on its own. So there must be something here, in yo▬ You feel struck! You are paralyzed!

>Phantom: "Crap! Alright, man you need some training for your will. That Daemon is playing with your mind, and I believe attacking or backing away is a bad idea. Brake the wire mesh with your sword, your tail, your hands, something. Burn your bed cloth, and throw at the shadows! llumination! Through light you'll ascend from the darkness! If that fails, attack. You had nothing left, no memories, no loved ones, no friends, at least do the world a favor by purging this daemon from the world."
 You experience some noise, and the nothing is shaken somehow. For a moment, you feel again, and it feels slimy, infectious, and burning. You begin to think about that before it's all gone again. 'You will not have him‼' You feel a sharp pain, and erect shields in your flat state of mind. You are building them stronger and stronger, a dense, sealed barricade surrounds you in all directions you can think of. The world is just slightly less empty this way.

>Armok: "Oh ****"
 Your are jolted with pain, and writhe in your home-made prison. You are now constantly focusing on defense; layering, hardening, exploring every vulnerability, every possible weakness. It seems like there isn't anything left for you to do, yet the pain continues.

> Resist! Fight back! Overcome! Escape! You can do this!
Spoiler: The above x21 (click to show/hide)
{Compressed. Spaced.}
_You feel your spine! In the most terrifying way possible! As the slightest afterthought, you feel the floor too. You are driven from shock back into your defensive efforts, like a smith to the forge after being electrocuted with his imbeded merchandise. Most of what you built up collapses, and the rest holds together by you have no idea what. By some incredible fluke, you spot one hole that you could not see before, and jam a metaphorical brick through the protruding tentacle of crud.

You aren't unconscious, but that would be so much easier than this. You feel like your in two places at once; a large field of acidic ooze entombed in crumbling masonry, and a small room with a warm fire. You hug the floor, and drag yourself into what you hope dearly is reality. It might very well be, since the dark place fades easily, and you're shaking horribly. You hadn't wished for the second, but that's not great evidence. You take a moment to wonder about senses: there's what you feel, which is the stone floor, some of the rug, and very sick and tired; there's what you smell, which is smoke, dry soup, stone, caustic, and decay; there's what you hear, which is the crackling fire, your harsh breathing, and a nasty gurgling noise; and then there's what you see, which is a stone room with a cozy fire, some blankets, furniture, junk, and finally, a glistening black mess of **** all over the right doorside corner. Seeing this makes you thrash like a freaking punk rocker. You stare at the vague, quivering glob in the center, your mind grudgingly rolling into action... You're going to have to clean this up, aren't you?

>Phantom:
_You hear one of those monotone "quote from" things, followed by Armok using an expletive you can't possibly identify. Then there's one of those damnable symbol-noises, and the monotone begins repeating a some odd, "inspirational" mantra. It's annoying more than anything else, but you try ignoring it to think. Looking both at the- thing, and the fire simultaneously, there's the obvious idea to combine the two. But you still have no idea how to remove that grate, or just how the▬ Someone screams a war cry into your skull. Thought ends there, and you just pull the blanket over your abused head.

(Iknan spinal columns are longer.)
(Versions of the word "conscious" are probably one of the most common, common nouns in this thread. Oh, and I realized why these posts are so much longer than before; text editor. Notepad takes up almost the entire screen, so I can see a great deal more than while posting, paragraphs look smaller, and I'm less conscious of length while writing.
 And thus there is a book. A poor book.)
(Instead of "stayed up till 2am last night", it's "stayed up till noon today". Good day.!.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2010, 01:45:29 pm »

"Fuck. This. Is. Bad.
Alright alright...

Hrm...
Try tricking the demon away with logic, or something to trick it...
Never really liked demons much...
Neither you...

I liked the man from the expedition...
Sane, great puzzle solver...

That daemon tends to keep to the darkness a lot...
Stay close to the fire.
Like put your back up right against the mesh.

I really don't have anything else to say. Feel free to not listen and do this on your own."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:57:05 pm by Phantom »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2010, 03:01:39 am »

(I was kinda subtle here, by my standards, but I thought everyone would be used to the inferred stuff by now. Just keep in mind that every word has meaning.
 Oh, and Phantom, all that stuff is going into the iknan's mind as your voice...not to the deamon. Single quotes are what make the iknan speak. {Sudden spelling decision.}

Edit:
Edit2: I don't like double posting.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:22:20 pm by Nivm »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:28 pm »

>Phantom:
_'I am so glad you noticed,' you gripe to yourself, 'will you be quiet now?' He is not. But he isn't as loud as normal, which you take as a blessing. He suggests a few things, reminding you what you were doing. You pull off the blanket to make way to stand, managing a sitting position, and look back at the demon. The corner definitely isn't as dark as it was before, the difference obvious even in the dim light. You take some advice, and back up to the fire, but keep from touching the hot wire. You slide to the side so that your shadow is not on the demon. You cough.
You feel ill.
Your breathing is wheezy.
You are thirsty.
Everything hurts about equally.
You are unexpectedly relaxed.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2010, 06:08:04 pm »

"I've really been waiting to say this.
Farewell.
I shall take my leave now to help a man on his Expedition.
One last thing to say, I don't believe you will last any longer, have fun rotting to death in a building the rest of your life."
[Sound of picking up a briefcase, and the sounds of metal boots walking across a cement floor, and finally a door closing.]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24