Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19707 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 08:43:24 pm »

> NO TEA!!!
 You suddenly recoil from the thought of drinking the tea. You feel as though there is a very good reason you shouldn't drink it. Now curious, you open your mouth to get a better scent of the air, and find there is a very strange scent mixed in with the hearty food smell.

> Breath fire at the fireplace.
 Your imagination creates and image of you spewing fire into the fireplace. This thought seems funny to you, so you take a deep breath and blow with your mouth agape. You make a huffing sound and nothing interesting happens.

> See how many rooms you can reach.
 Feeling as though you don't have anything to do here, you move to the door. You try and open it, and discover it is locked. Shaking it a bit doesn't change anything, but by doing so you can tell it is a very sturdy door.

> Find a window and look out of it.
 The room's only openings are the door and wherever the fire's smoke goes. The room is made of solid, rough hewn rock, so you don't know why you feel it should have windows.

> This success with the wall is good. Continue in your attempts to break the wall. Ignore any thoughts about suicide for now.
 You are completely distracted from this thought when you hear a jangling ring of keys outside the door!

(By the way, although that chip shows you can put a lot of force into your tail, it will still take you a Long Time to get through the wall, and you'll probably destroy your tail trying.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 08:47:58 pm »

>This sound is new. Be cautious of it.

(Read MSPA? I am trying to somewhat imitate the style of commands from the MAYOr guy, after the caps lock deactivation)
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »

Hide.

Think about snuffing the fire and climbing out through the chimney.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 09:12:32 pm »

(I read Problem Sleuth, but I don't know who you refer to. I probably wont care reaction wise.)

> This sound is new. Be cautious of it.
 You back away from the door, wondering what would make that sound. You can tell it is metal, but can't seem to place the object.

> Hide.
 You move into a dark corner, so you may be hidden behind the door when it opens.

There is presently the sound of keys (three total, one at a time) being shoved into the lock, there is a grinding of gears, and *thunk* sound, and then the door opens. By peaking through the crack at the door's hinge, you see a human guard looking person in full plate armour walk in with another food and tea tray, he has no weapons. He faces toward the table, puts down the tray he is holding and picks up the tray that is there; he freezes. Then moves the tray up and down a little, testing its weight, and looks into the dry cup. What do you do?

(Should've said so last post, but I need to go to bed now. I'll probably be back tomorrow.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:14:23 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »

> Watch, if the human is going to see you, or call for help, knock it away with your tail. Better cautious than dead.

(The MSPA character I am refering to is from more recent bits of HS. He is giving commands to the initial protagonist for a while. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002613 has some/most of them.)
Eh?
Eh!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 06:31:38 am »

> Spoilers!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 09:13:35 am »

ugh god i just woke up and i read this quest and now i want to go back to sleep :(
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 04:47:17 pm »

>Deduce we are a snakeman

>See if human is friendly

>If it ain't, use Tale WhipTM

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 02:00:08 am »

> Watch, if the human is going to see you, or call for help, knock it away with your tail. Better cautious than dead.
 You wait quietly while the guard turns slowly around, scanning the room. He walks over to your bed, determines you are not there, and turns back towards the room, his motion expectant. As he does so, you whip your tail at his head as hard as you can. *Clang.* His helmet rings momentarily, and he stumbles, but you can see from the padding around his face (his helmet covers the cheeks and eyebrows, but is rather revealing) that the armour is made for exactly what you just did.
 In the moment he stumbles, you recognize his face and a momentary shred of memory surfaces; his name is Garth, and he is often very tired of you.

> Spoilers!
Spoiler: "It's pretty big." (click to show/hide)

> Deduce we are a snakeman.
 You fail to deduce you are a snake-man, as you don't feel like you can slither, and you don't have time for it right now anyway. (I rolled a six for this, but I didn't know if I was rolling for the command, or prudence.)

> See if human is friendly.
 You wait out the half-second it takes Garth to regain his balance. With not the slightest pause, he rushes you and pins you against the wall, restraining your limbs in a rather well practiced position. His expression is of mingled boredom and surprise, and he is a half-foot taller than you. "Sure has been a while since you tried that one."

> If it ain't, use Tale WhipTM.
 Your tail is pinned behind you. It is a rather uncomfortable position, so you struggle vigorously for about a minute. Garth doesn't care. He moves so he can restrain you with one hand and his legs, and moves the other hand to take off the torn blanket wrappings you're wearing around the tattoo. "At least this "new invention" makes things easier; I don't have to wrap you up every time you fall asleep in some...weird place." he mumbles with both sarcasm and annoyance.

(Also, in posting I came across a new error (among others) that made me laugh. It told me that 52 new replies had been posted while I was typing, and that I might want to review my post based upon them. I find this funny because in these stories you usually have to review most of what you've written to insure continuity.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:14:58 am by Nivm »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 10:08:43 am »

> "what is this place? Who am I?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 05:30:53 pm »

> "What is this place? Who am I?"
 Garth doesn't look at your face when he says; "it's the same place you've been, and you'll be stuck here till you go back to dream-land. Maybe you'll figure out who you are there." Garth pulls the last of the wrappings off the tattoo and places his hand on▬
You are unconscious.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:34:26 pm by Nivm »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:43 pm »

>Wake up once again
Eh?
Eh!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 07:42:47 pm »

>Pretend we are in a cat pit.
>Go into a holy sock-lost rampage

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 07:50:06 pm »

>Eat food
>Carefully discard most of drink
>Pretend to be asleep
>Wait for someone to come
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »

Wake up.
Try to remember your past.
Use tea and soup to put out fire.
Climb chimney.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24