Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19735 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2009, 06:44:35 pm »

Garth doesn't sound that bad to me, he would probably cut your throat for a handful of coins, but otherwise I expect you could probably ask him a few questions if you were civil about it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2009, 02:55:53 pm »

(When it comes to talking directly, things outside of quotes will still be in the form of a thought, and he'll only notice if they are too different from his own. However if you put them in single quotes ( 'Blargh.' ) he will know it is your voice, but it will have to be subconsciously translated; weirdness may result. Also, the voices will need to sound like something. They are defualted to: Armok- dark, menacing, and intelligent, but not deep; Phantom- a young american soldier, a bit harsh; RAM- "normal", and the opposite of condescending.
 I kinda regret letting the fourth wall break, but he wasn't drugged enough to ignore what was going on anymore.
 Oh, and on the matter of invention, you could even make computers and rockets if you wanted; but you would have to collect all the materials of the right quality, post the design, and post complete instructions. And without near-perfect measurements, a rocket would probably fail the first 100 or so times, and a modern-day computer requires more precision than you would get with magic [not to mention the complications there].)

> Alright, I'm gonna point myself out here...
 You sit up and look around the room. The blood rushes out of your head for a moment, but you stay steady.

> My names Phantom.
 That's an odd name. "Now where are you?"

> And your name is?
 You don't remember your name, but you erect shields to make sure the intruder doesn't know that. "Tell me where you are first", you both say and think openly.

> Get less lazy!
 "What?" You resolutely stay sitting.

> Figure out more abaut the compound enchantment.
 This is hardly the time for that.

> Try to deduce the source of the voices...
 You try and track down those last voices, but there is no trace of them remaining.

> that might be easier if there were some way to predict when they would come...
 You prepare yourself to catch the person next time they try and enter your mind.

> that might be easier if there were some way to predict when they would come...
 You continue waiting patiently, but you wonder just how fast they can place the suggestion.

> that might be easier if there were some way to pre▬ {Truncated!}
 You are startled as the thought suddenly ends, and find that it is not your own. You are very unnerved, and near frantically look for holes in your defenses.

> Alright.
 You snatch at the thought, snatching at the air as well, and attempt to trap the sender. You find no one there, no source at all, and begin worrying about your sanity.

> Armok, thats one of the insane voices you hear about magic,
 There it is again! You desperately latch on to it in the hopes it will be connected to something; anything! But there are only the words.

> Stop that.
 You snatch at the message regardless, and bind your shields even tighter. "Where are you!? What's going on?"

> This isn't dwarf fortress or Slaves To Armok.
 ...What? This thought took you off guard for a moment, but then you relate the name to the other message. I am slave to no one!

> Another voice you may hear is RAM, it is slightly insane. He suggested that Machine Thing.
  "How long have you been doing this to me?" You put all your effort into barricading your mind, making sure there is no way for the suggestions to enter.

> I'm not insane! I'm trying to get this whole envador to progress!
 Yet another one appears out of nowhere, completely bypassing all your shields and walls. It seems different than the last few, and there seems to be a conversation going...inside your head.

> Also, I guess we should be just talking to you directy now or what?
 "No! Leave me alone." You back up against the wall while on your bed, tearing the blanket without care.
You are somewhat hungry.
You are beginning to get thirsty.
Your throat, esophagus, and mouth feel raw.
Your guts ache.
You feel generally ill.

> Figure this stuff out.
 You try and think about what is going on regardless of the distractions. So far, your every effort at defense has failed, which would mean that the voices come within and you are insane; fractured apart from all that has happened to you. You do not wish to accept this, but the evidence is overwhelming. For the few days you can even remember, you've acted insane; no wonder you're locked up. Is it even safe for you to be trying to escape? Safe for yourself and others? You look over to what remains of your food, and decide that sane or not, you will keep trying.

> Well, you heat water to create steam, and then you funnel the steam through a cog to turn a wheel with a magnet on it. The magnet spins around inside a coiled wire which runs off to another coil which you use as a magnet, wrapping the coil around a conductor might help, or was it a non-conductor, meh, electronics really isn't my field...
 While you scrape your bowl clean of the solid parts, not relishing the pain, the nothingness produces a more detailed design of what it wanted earlier. You still don't have the materials for it, and you still don't understand it. Why do you want to spin a black rock inside some wire? What is "magnetic"?

> Go scratch some records of your thoughts on the walls to keep track of them...
 No. You prefer to trust your own memory, because as long as you use it, you don't lose▬...You realize, considering the drugs, that's probably a good idea. You search for your sickle, but fail to find it in your wrappings. Must have fallen out while you were being carried, or just found and taken away. You use a colorful expletive.

> Yeah, don't listen to him, that machine probably hasn't even been invented in your world. It will probably never will.
 This next thought is totally opposite the other thought. You wonder just how many of them there are, but after a moment of thought conclude that there are probably three, two that you're sure of.

> Garth doesn't sound that bad to me, he would probably cut your throat for a handful of coins, but otherwise I expect you could probably ask him a few questions if you were civil about it...
 You object to this thought, he bothers to take care of you and puts up with you. You don't think he'd kill for money. You could probably ask him a couple questions next time he comes in though.

(So do you guys want to answer his questions, try and pretend he is more insane than he thinks, or just be sneaky and make him think the intruders (you guys) have left? Or perhaps a combination of all those options.
 I feel like there is a looming error in this post.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2009, 03:02:28 pm »

>'We seem to be talking to you from another world. In my case, Earth. You see, there are many different worlds in the universe. In fact I met other people from different solar systems. Armok is a god from a different world. I am a soldier from a faction called GDI. I'm not sure what RAM is. Listen, I'm trying to help you. I'm not entirely sure how I'm talking to you, but I'm gonna help you anyway."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2009, 03:59:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2009, 04:25:42 pm »

Voice=#Intelegent, clever, wise, easily trusted, kinda cute, confusable with iknan#

"Ok, Is this working? We finally got instructions on how to speak with you directly.
Fisrt of, I think everyone here should stop sending direct thoughts, if they do, I'll repeat them in direct speech like this so you at least know that's what it was.
I'm Armok, by the  way.
Anyways, now for what is known abaut this situations, I think  Phantom                         might be jumping some conclusions.
We are indeed residing in (a) different universe(s), probably a different multiverse or level of reality.
The communication is passed through a person called Nivm, how he does it is not known to me, He presents it as through you were fictius, and I'm probably insane because of this, but I honestly am not so sure about that you are, but this is a philosophical argument.
If Nivm himself is willing to specify on these things it might be useful, but I have this feeling there might be existential dangers to that.
The world that as far as I know all here reside in mostly, atleast when comunication with you, is very similar to yours, with the difference that magic dosn't exist, humans are the only civelized species, and we have this thing called technology; technically you have it to I guess, in the form of clocks and windmills and such, the technology I'm speaking abaut is besicaly a really advanced version of that that has capabilities similar to all of magic and then some.
We are curently reciving your stream of conciusness, and have been so for uite some time, telling exactly how long is hard to  tell becaus ethe timeframes are not conec ted and we recive at your subjective time.
It appears we can plant thoguths into your conciusness, I do not think this is either you being insane nor any normal magic.
We have been reciving your stream of conciusness since the same time it appears that your memory was wiped.
I will do all in my ability to try to help you, but I belive your fate is ultimately in the hands of Nivm. Who is that guy anywyas?
While we have probably only accses to the same information as you, we ARE more numerus, and have had a litle bit more time to think abaut it as well as  not being under the effect of drugs (only speaking for myself with that last one...).

My personal theory is that you were some kind of imposrtnant magic user, and that all the varius mind numbing and ability limiting effects are caused by that compound enchantment.
We do not have all that much knowledge abaut your world, it might make it easier for us to help you if you relayed all you know abaut historuy, your species, and the basics of magic.

We have been lead to belive technology will work in your world if you manage to create it, if we think past the escape in time this migth be a golden opetunity to bypass centuries of hard work by inventors!
Oh, and the steam stuff and the magnetic stuff are examples of technology."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2009, 04:42:00 pm »

>"Oh goddammit. Alright. Ignore those two until you escape. I would be glad to teach you some things from my world though, magic probably doesn't exist in your world for a reason, and complicated devices take time to make. Would you like me to teach you some things while your not doing anything? By the way, the guys name ain't Nivm, its Dictator."
(Yeah, I'm borrowing from RPs, so what?)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2009, 04:48:55 pm »

"What is that supposed to mean? Look, I'm trying to help you, probably far more sincerely than anyone else because they think you're made up!
Also, it says Nivm right over the avatar there, so his name is indeed Nivm."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2009, 04:50:17 pm »

>"Your only gonna confuse the poor Iknan, explain it later. Please, the guys been in enough mental stress for today."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2009, 04:53:46 pm »

"You might have a point, but you don't have to tell him to ignore stuff I've already said just because of that."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2009, 04:54:49 pm »

"If he doesn't believe in magic, he doesn't have to do magic. Just give him some free will."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »

"where did you get the impresion he dosn't belive in magic?! He tried to use Mage sight! He just seems to e under some sort of effect that prevents him from using it."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17:06 pm »

"He said he didn't believe in magic, and he did mage sight because he was forced to do it because of you. Now stop this bickering."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2009, 06:18:21 pm »

(It's " " for making him say something and ' ' for speaking into his mind, but since you guys are obviously using them for conversation in his head, I'll switch the two so he isn't having to resist saying this to the room. Also Armok, you wont be able to do that much to your voice; mostly because your grammar and spelling are horrible right now.
 Phantom, the name is fine, but why are you guys mentioning me? Because of the {Truncated} lines?
 I'm glad I've got confirmation from you guys that you understand how I work with these things. Next return will probably come when I finish cleaning.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stolensteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2009, 06:40:57 pm »

(This comment is meant to be OOC. I hope that parenthesis are okay to signify that. Also, is it okay for me to post here? This whole thing seems interesting, and I would like to try and help out our poor character.)

>Find out what is preventing movement from the bed. (Such as, am I now restrained in bed because of previous attempts to do crazy stuff?)
-st

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2009, 06:43:40 pm »

>"Iknan, it looks like someone new wandered in."

(He's just rapped up in a blanket.)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24