Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19732 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2009, 03:48:03 am »

(Japa, I really think you need to read the thread. You'll learn important details.)

> attempt to open the door. if it does not open, wait by the door in case somebody comes, eventually
 You get up and walk to the door. You place your bowl back on the tray, and grasp the handle of the door; it does not open. You shake it some, but the door remains closed. You discover it is a very sturdy door, and receive a wave of deja-vu. Haven't you done this before?
 You hope someone will come open it eventually, so you sit down on the hinge side and wait.

(Also, I actually need to go to bed now. So you people will also need to wait.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2009, 02:53:01 pm »

>Think about Two Humans engaged in combat with Katanas
>Be hit by a stray swing
>Die of blood loss
>Think of another dream about being dragged away from a war torn battlefield by one of the humans
>Notice we are equipped with a crossbow
>Attempt to kill the Zombie-Monster-Demon garth who tried to kill us in a previous dream
>COntract Shellshock
>Contract the Thousand Yard Stare
>Have another dream about fire imps and demons attacking every civ on the world. (Doom style demons and imps)

Reveal self to be the one who tortures this lizardman

>Whimper
>Pray
>Go to sleep
Make lizardman have more nightmares

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2009, 04:38:01 pm »

>Spend a day resting and meditating on recovering from injuries.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2009, 04:45:20 pm »

*Sigh* apparently annoyance will not be corrected so I need to resuggest this:

>Once you have woken up etc. Practice whatever magic knowledge you have.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2009, 09:06:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:11:02 am by Phantom »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2009, 12:11:12 am »

*cough*

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2009, 07:15:41 pm »

Sorry, school stuff, way too much of it. I'll do it tomorrow after I've gotten sleep and can actually think again.
I am probably not going to abandon this until he is both dead and has no options left.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:27:07 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2009, 12:59:54 am »

>Blargh.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2009, 03:19:49 am »

(Edit: Yes, I know I'm late, but I woke up about 7 hours ago so my day isn't over.)
(Phantom, I already told you that demons are not coming, and you wouldn't be able to command them if they were here. You can't command Garth either. Also, our Iknan [lizardman] isn't asleep right now, so those dream wont have the same effect. So I think I've successfully dodged your commands; obviously the first step in making these things last longer.)

> Think about Two Humans engaged in combat with Katanas
 Your thoughts drift to violence, and you think of two humans fighting each other to the death with different swords than normal.

> Be hit by a stray swing
 One of the swords passes through your view and manages to find its mark.

> Die of blood loss
 Said human dies of blood loss and exhaustion.

> Think of another dream about being dragged away from a war torn battlefield by one of the humans
 You've had no such dream. But you imagine that for the human that died of blood loss.

> Notice we are equipped with a crossbow
 You give him a crossbow and animate him, beginning to have fun with your imagination, and get him to shoot his "captor".

> Attempt to kill the Zombie-Monster-Demon garth who tried to kill us in a previous dream
 You send him on a quest through a battle-field slaying other zombies with his crossbow bolts, he reaches a particularly nasty zombie, and they fight to their destruction! It's actually kinda boring now.

(I want to ask for clarification on the two commands that would go here, what do you mean contract? As in make a contract with said agencies or contract the afflictions? They don't/can't happen either way.)

> Have another dream about fire imps and demons attacking every civ on the world. (Doom style demons and imps)
 You're still not asleep, and you don't care for this ugly thought path, it doesn't even have potential to be entertaining. You idly look around the room for something else to do.

> Whimper
 You make whimpering sounds at the door, so someone might think you were hurt. It only staves off the boredom for a few seconds.

> Pray
 You ask any deities that might be listening for something fun to do; they obviously ignore you.

> Go to sleep
 You doze off with your Pure Boredom. You become aware of being moved at some point, but do not stir.

(*Sigh.*)

> Spend a day resting and meditating on recovering from injuries.
 You are asleep, so you spend that time having generally mentally healing dreams, your body rests regardless. You begin waking in a very horizontal fashion.

> Once you have woken up etc. Practice whatever magic knowledge you have.
 You are awake now, in that you can think rather clearly, but you only just became aware of yourself. You first thought in the blankets is to try magic, so you invoke mage-sight. You puke! You immediately lose concentration and mage-sight, and your vomit smells horrible right in your face. You move the covers to keep the horrible bit of fluid from going anywhere while you go away. Once your out of the blankets there doesn't seem to be very much vomit. It soaks into that part of the blanket. You feel sick, and none too steady.
You are hungry.
You insides feel like that battlefield.
Your throat and esophagus burns.
You feel generally ill.

> Bang on the door and yell "WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO GO HERE!? GODDAMMIT, I'M GONNA TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB GARTH! AND THEN EAT YOUR FRICKEN FLESH AND DRINK YOUR BLOOD!"
 You feel like hammering the door, but are too tired. You lean on your knees while you yell at the door "WHAT DID I DO TO GO HERE!? DAMMIT, I'M GONNA TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB GARTH! AND THEN EAT YOUR DAMNED FLESH AND DRINK YOUR BLOOD!"
(Note: He doesn't have any christian heritage, and doesn't use the work "fricken" in a place where it doesn't make any sense, even though that languages slang contains such a word (with a different sentiment). Curses, damning, and torture are common enough, but rape isn't such a problem with their race. Mostly because the female involved would actually have to be aroused for it to work.)

> Sit down
 You slump to the floor.

> Recap the previous events in a quick and simplistic way
 As you think about what you're doing, you wonder what you've done. You woke from an restless sleep, had some food, tried the door, and fell asleep beside it. You then woke up again, tried to use mage-sight. You're pretty sure that trying that is what caused your misery, and you are pretty sure that misery caused you to yell. But you're not sure why you said that; it didn't seem like you. You seem to recall there were things before, but those memories are to indistinct for you to describe them.

> Equip the woolen hat and then the steel one
 You get yourself off the floor with the aim of doing something, anything to get your mind off of your misery. You look around the floor and spot a woolen hat, so you immediately put it on. It doesn't really stay on your head very well, but a few moments of fidgeting make it catch on some of your scales; it is itchy. You look around again and take the steel helmet (This Picture took about an hour to find. Imagine that but without the fin, a bit flatter, and with a more definite center edge) from the bookshelf, and put it on while the books slump to the left. It fits snugly, and moving around doesn't make it fall off.

> Use leather as belt
 You grab another object from the floor; a strip of leather. So you tie it around your waist. You note that your wearing a rather haphazard mess of woolen strips, so you tidy up your wardrobe by tightening and tying it.

> Is the rusty piece of chain mail usable?
 You spot a section of rusted chain links, and pick it up. It looks like it was probably part of a whole chain mail suit and one point, but is merely a scrap now.

> Use rope with belt to make a tool belt
 You drop the section of chain mail and grab some rope, you think about using this to make your new belt hold objects, but have no clue how to do so, considering this rope is thick enough for some use on a sailing ship.

> Put hammer on tool belt
 You grab a little hammer off the floor from beside a wooden box and slide it into a loop of your wrappings.

> Think of the purpose of life in the universe
 Your not really in the mood for deep thought right now.
You are very hungry, and beginning to feel tired.
Your insides feel like that battlefield, but now on fire.
Your throat and esophagus feel raw.
You feel generally ill.

> Think about an alternate universe. Which may or may not have a person called Dictator, Phantom, or Strife, or any other person.
 You think about an alternate universe in which you didn't try and use magic. "Such a stupid idea." You berate yourself.

> Blargh.
 "Blargh!" you say to yourself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:00:00 am by Nivm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2009, 04:43:30 am »

>Eat
>Exercise
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2009, 05:10:42 am »

> Eat
 You finally stop your random time wasting actions and get to your food. You scarf it down quickly; it was just barely warm. You enjoy the lack of feeling hungry, but it doesn't make you feel any less ill.

> Exercise
 You don't feel up to any kind of rigorous activity, so you walk laps around your room. This makes you feel more queasy at first, but with persistence you get better. You randomly remember to lift your tail so it doesn't scratch.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:55 am »

> use mage-sight on helmet, seeing if you can catch a glimpse of anything before you feel to ill.

> try some other magic

> practice some magic-related knowledge that is purely theoretical and does not involve actually using magic energies or such things.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2009, 09:06:18 am »

> on second thought, do not try majik so soon after eating. you needed that meal

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »

>If self becomes sleepy for any reason, put hand in fire or slap self.
>Just knock on the door and say "Please let me out. Please."
>Have some R and R. (Which means DON'T fall asleep, but rest.)
>Once we feel better, knock on the door again.
>Wait until Garth comes in and ask for some medicine.
>Seriously, be patient and then ask for some medicine.
>If no one comes, just vomit in a corner.
>Attempt to smelt pieces of the chainmail, gauntlet fingers, and the piece of spiraling metal.
>Attempt to smelt the metal into a crude dagger/sword.
>Use whatever to pull it out
>Cool it with the tea.
>Try pouring whatever is left of the soup on it too.
>Put some more wood on the fire.
>Attempt to play chess using various objects.
>Hide dagger/sword in wood pile. Or anywhere else.
>Get a well desereved sleep.
>Have a happy dream.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:58:47 pm by Phantom »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

>Enter a strange mood.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24