Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Text you can play; you are somewhere.  (Read 19719 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Text you can play; you are somewhere.
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2009, 10:20:03 am »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2009, 01:45:28 am »

(It appears I should have been doing this instead of other forum games and things off the computer. I probably procrastinated because of the "be the other guy" command; kinda spoiled the track for a while. Oh, and if you people post so many commands, at least try and guess what they'll apply to. The great bulk might have been the main reason for my procrastination.)

> Wait untill you are not unconcius, then do all the stuff you planed to do while unconcius.
 You slowly drift back to consciousness, and hit a massive headache like a sheet of ice on the surface. You open your eyes a little, and regret seeing the dancing flames of the merry hearth fire. You close them, and afterwards realize that the light coming from the hearth is different somehow. You're curled up on your bed with your head in the center, protruding from the mass of woolen cloth. You are warm, restricted, and wondering why you did what you did, and why you feel so miserable, sitting here.
 You peek at the wall nearest to you. It is indeed made of the same material you recall; a rough, fairly homogeneous stone that was unevenly carved out by some unknown implement.
 Your head demands that you move very carefully for its sake, so you don't bother to be careful with the blanket. When you reach your rocking chair, you open your eyes while shading the hearthwards one. Although the wood (and even your stick) is still present, a kind of wire cage has been installed around the fire. The mesh is fine enough that you can think of no object that may fit through it, but also thin enough that it does not obscure the firelight. As it looks so weak, you try and bend the mesh to reach your goal; you do not manage to affect it before your hands become too hot.
 As an aside, your carefully positioned blanket is no longer so.
 You very carefully move to the bookshelf, and reach up to pull out the "History 5" book; you manage not to drop it. You move back to your chair and turn it so you don't have to look into the fire. You open the book and look at the first few pages, which are all index and shorthand information. The book appears to have everything that happened in the Terulean Nation in the last three-hundred years, and is labeled by date and "section". You flip to the last chapter labeled "A Time of Harmony and Healing" and begin reading the wall of text. It seems to start off after a war in which the Terulean Nation united all neighboring countries, and begins by describing four rulers who continued service to their nation even after war by insuring that places of community and teaching were built in all the new lands, but that they faced many trials and tribulations. It describes the horrible conditions in which most people were left and how nearly all the nobility sacrificed to restore both their own land and that of their opponents. You notice that a letter is appended after each person's name in braces, so you save your place (accidentally cutting the page) and flip to the beginning, in the short-hand section. It appears that each letter represents a race; "E" for elf, "H" for human, "I" for iknan, "D" for dwarf, and "M" for moran. Returning to your place, you scan for the letters, and find there are only "E"s and a few "I"s listed. The four rulers have no race letter, and you note no mention of any particular race. Back at your place, you read about the accomplishments of assorted barons, knights, and congressionairs. Each person's paragraph seems to be a glorification rather than an explanation. Even so, you still pick up a general idea of the geography of the "Teruly" (you mumble) Nation. Mountains are in the west, with the jungle south of them and more mountains north of them. The sea covers the east. Forests are in the south followed by swamps, and finally, to the north are plains. You read about a couple nobles that instead of being glorified, are made to sound nasty, bordering on demonic. The text finishes the section in the heartland, talking about how the rulers returned only after they had repaired the damage in other lands, but before the homeland suffered any harm from their absence. You turn the page and begin reading about assorted accompli▬
You are unconscious.

> Think of being killed by the hammerer
 You have a horrible nightmare about being smashed to death by the same diminutive man as before. The dream does not end here, with your death, but

> Think of garth eating your remains
 continues on with Garth devouring your remains as you watch. You are horrified by this, and struggle to leave the dream.

> Attempt to do the following to the door: Hadoken, Shoryuken, Tatsu-Maki-Sempu-Kyaku (Hurricane Kick).
 You shift your dream to a means of escape, and quickly smash through the door you create. The images abate, and your return to a restful sleep, if late.

> Wait untill you are not unconcius, then do all the stuff you planed to do while unconcius.
 You slowly drift back to consciousness. You open your eyes a little, lift your head, and see the flickering shadow of you and your chair cast over some junk in the corner. Your face was in the book. You are very warm, and wondering why you fell asleep so easiliy.
 You don't remember planning anything while asleep.
You are very hungry.
You are groggy.
Your head hurts a great deal.
Your face hurts some.
Your snout is bruised.
Your belly only feels slightly raw.
You have numerous minor bruises that only hurt if you pressure them.

You are conscious, and you still don't remember planning anything while asleep. You seem to just barely recall a nightmare though.

> Think of being killed by the hammerer
 Your nightmare returns to you in detail, and you shudder.

> Think of garth eating your remains
 You feel sick, and simultaneously want to go back to sleep and fear going back to sleep. Perhaps a meal will help.

> Attempt to do the following to the door: Hadoken, Shoryuken, Tatsu-Maki-Sempu-Kyaku (Hurricane Kick).
 Swallowing your bile, you get up and draw your attention to the very sturdy door. Three things come to mind for destroying it; blasting a piece of your soul at it, punching it very hard, and leaping into the air to kick it. You only imagine getting yourself hurt with these random, stupid methods, so whip your tail instead. The door merely goes "clunk" in response; it is a very sturdy door.

> JUST WAKE UP, ALREADY!
 "What!?" You spin around, your mind having produced a thought so loud you believed it to be a voice. You no longer feel so groggy.

(Need be offset and use parenthesis, if it was directed at everyone else.)
> Sorry about that, I was struck by a strange mood.
 You feel mollified about your previous actions, the results, and the useless and/or disturbing thoughts you've had. You take a deep breath.

> Actually get something done, read a book.
 You clean up your room, but work slowly from hunger, among other things. You note that your sickle is still hidden within your robes; just about the only thing that they did was moving you and blocking the fireplace.  While putting bookholders back, you return the History 5 book and retrieve another fourth shelf book; you drop it once. You don't really feel like lounging around reading right now, so you drop the book on the seat of your chair; you note the title "Murderhold of the Mountain".

> Think horrible thoughts about Nivm.
 Extremely vague details about someone you don't think you know drift into your mind, you feel emotionally compelled denigrate this image, but lack enough information about them to even make judgments. So you just wish that they feel miserable wherever or whatever they might be.

> Eat, drink, and go to sleep.
 You again come to your meal late, but luckily it is still warm...-ish. You slurp down the whole bowl, with only moderate help from your spoon. You don't feel very thirsty, but are beginning to be tempted by the tea. It's warm, and even though it gives you a bad feeling, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, strange smell aside. You pour yourself a cup of tea from the pot and take a good drink. Exhaustion hits you like a ton of bricks, and you don't even manage to reach your bed.
 You are unconscious.

> Think about being devoured by kittens
 Your dreams are restless and troubling, but vague and distant.

> Train throwing by throwing random shit at the door
 You are unconscious.

> Be the other guy.//[size=9]U[/size]//THAT GUY.
 You feel as though something left you for a moment, only to return when it couldn't find what it was looking for. It seems to feel confused and disappointed. These sensations don't impact you in any way.

>E > U
 The entity states a relation about what it was looking for; you remain uncaring.

>mc2 > U
 The entity gives you another relation, trying to pin down what it wants. You almost wonder how such vague relations will possibly help it.

(I feel foolish, it was only this post that I finally researched details about sleep inducing drugs and their side effects [I now know what I'm using].
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:51:01 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2009, 07:10:14 am »

> Wait until you wake up, then decide not to do anything too extreme for the rest of the day.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2009, 11:59:35 am »

You are conscious, and you still don't remember planning anything while asleep. You seem to just barely recall a nightmare though.
A c'mon, you know what I meant, the comands that were missed a few turns ago in a very anoying way, will I have to look them up individualy? >:(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2009, 07:39:25 pm »

>Wake the hell up
Inner Demon: Torture this lizardman
>Do a haunting flute refrain

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2009, 11:03:06 pm »

(
A c'mon, you know what I meant, the comands that were missed a few turns ago in a very anoying way, will I have to look them up individualy? >:(
That is what I meant by "guess what they'll apply to". The command specified an event, that might or might not come to pass, as a command, so nothing was guaranteed. I think two commands where missed altogether the first time that command was given, because those commands weren't actually planned in the dream. I guess it probably is rather annoying; I'll make sure to ask for confirmation in the future. Speaking of which...
 Phantom, do I pick what "Inner Demon" refers to?)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2009, 11:06:50 pm »

Go to Creative Projects and find the Game Idea from Chaotic josh. If you don't like it, choose something else.
+
>Think about what happens after death
>Ponder life again
>What would life could have be if we weren't here? Or Garth? What if Urist hadn't recruited the other 6 dwarves to make the Starting Seven? What if our great grandfather Deathskull the Fourth actually lead the lizardmen to conquer that goblin fortress?
>Mentally disturb lizardman
>Make him hear voices

>Wish voices would stop
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:34:27 pm by Phantom »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2009, 01:51:20 am »

(I don't have any demonic figures in the immediate area [however interesting the underground might be], I could probably bring something in, but a businessdemon would require he at least get out of the dungeon. So I guess I'll take a scratch on the red commands.)

> Wait until you wake up, then decide not to do anything too extreme for the rest of the day.
 You find yourself slowly drifting back to consciousness. You open your eyes a little. In your vision you see a (your?) rocking chair silhouetted by the dancing flames of a (your?) merry hearth fire, the rest is obscured by the folds of your blanket. You're curled up on a pad of some sort (your bed?), with your head on a bundle of blanket. You are warm, cozy, and already disinclined to move. Your extremely fuzzy mind makes this intent not to move official.

> Wake the hell up
 You don't want to move, but make an effort to make your mind more alert. Your are slightly less fuzzy now, and notice how you feel:
Your thoughts are fuzzy and indistinct.
You are slightly hungry.
You are slightly thirsty.
Your head hurts a some.
Your face hurts a little.
Your snout aches some.
Your ring finger tingles.

> Do a haunting flute refrain
 You already agreed with yourself that you wouldn't be moving around. You whistle a bit though.

> Think about what happens after death
 To put your slightly more effective mind to work you snatch and random concept from the ether; death and afterlife. Death is such a very sad thing, where the a person ceases to...you shudder, your eyes water, and you don't know why. You know there is no such thing as afterlife.

> Ponder life again
 You stare into fire, despite your head, and try think about what you're doing here; about why you're here. What would you be doing elsewhere? Is there somewhere else you're needed? You get an odd feeling of deja-vu and your fuzzy mind loses track of the subject. Such a pretty fire, dancing in such interesting ways.

> What would life could have be if we weren't here? Or Garth? What if Urist hadn't recruited the other 6 dwarves to make the Starting Seven? What if our great grandfather Deathskull the Fourth actually lead the lizardmen to conquer that goblin fortress?
 As your thoughts return to being thoughts, and your imagination makes things up, you have to correct your imagination about the very name of your race. Other peoples tend to forget that iknans are rather far removed from lizards (you chuckle at the understatement), and the nomenclature catches.

> Wish voices would stop
 You experience a suspicion that your what you currently have for thoughts are not your own, like all that you do and think about is being guided by other voices. This makes you as uneasy as you can be in your cozy blankets, and you wish such voices to stop. Right after wishing so, you wish they could give you some clues about existence before they leave. Then you notice this is madness, and such wishes are only likely to make it worse if such voices exist, or not. The tension wakes you up a bit more.

(I'm here! At least for another hour.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2009, 02:00:32 am »

Be overcome with rage for all the shit that happened.
Fall asleep.
Have nightmare about humans invading a beach with strange weapons and strange vehicles (D-Day) and we're in a stone building that explodes when it got hit by some type of object.
Have another nightmare of zombies or demons, Garth was possesed and mutated horrible, now he looks like some Cthulu incarnation. He is trying to devour us.
Wake up in a pool of sweat.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:03:14 am by Phantom »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2009, 02:31:21 am »

> Be overcome with rage for all the shit that happened.
 What happened? You don't seem to recall anything right now...

> Fall asleep.
 You slowly return to the realm of dreams. The fire stays with you.

(I find this to be an annoying command, there isn't any way for our lizardman [iknan!] to get that experience.)
> Have nightmare about humans invading a beach with strange weapons and strange vehicles (D-Day) and we're in a stone building that explodes when it got hit by some type of object.
 You find yourself in a stone building with a chaotic, war torn land outside, the carnage breaks into your sanctuary, and you are destroyed.

(But this is something he knows better.)
> Have another nightmare of zombies or demons, Garth was possesed and mutated horrible, now he looks like some Cthulu incarnation. He is trying to devour us.
 You find yourself on a similar war torn vista, a place of smoke, ruined buildings, and nearby screams. The dead can be seen slaughtering people all around you, and one of them walks towards you. You only barely recognize him as Garth, his dead form distorted both by raising and by something else. He lurches towards you, his mouth gaping wide, filled with sharp and crooked teeth. He lunges forward into the air and▬

>Wake up in a pool of sweat.
 You jump of from (with) the covers in fear, shaking heavily, and heart pumping madly! You try and get your bearings in this state of dizziness and heat, and simply fall back into the covers, limp. You see stone around you, and a fire, and thus know that you are safe.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2009, 02:52:57 am »

examine the door, particularly, see what direction it opens in

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2009, 03:01:52 am »

(Are you the same Japa at the Infinity Forums?)

> examine the door, particularly, see what direction it opens in
 You are fairly sure the door opens in, although you're not sure why you know.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2009, 03:09:49 am »

drink the bowl of soup, but not the tea. sit on the same side of the door as the hinges, and wait for somebody to come. if somebody does, try to make a run for it before he sees you.

(examine the face carefully)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2009, 03:35:46 am »

(I see it now, just that last picture of you I remember was smiling, and had much different lighting. I like the smiling-bald version of you better. It looks like your the first person to make the leaving decision at the "right" time.)

> drink the bowl of soup, but not the tea. sit on the same side of the door as the hinges, and wait for somebody to come. if somebody does, try to make a run for it before he sees you.
 You shake your head to try and remove the remnants of the nightmare, of which you already forgot the details. You slowly work your way out of the covers and stand. You feel very hungry, so your first action of the day is to eat. You walk over to the table and pick up the bowl of soup; ignoring the tea completely. You sit down in the chair, and find your soup is cold; you eat it quickly regardless. You feel a compulsion to sit beside the door and wait, but do not know a reason to do so. Why not just open the door?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2009, 03:39:02 am »

attempt to open the door. if it does not open, wait by the door in case somebody comes, eventually
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24